Those who watched Jelena vs. Meghann on Eurosport, please share some info. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #1
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Those who watched Jelena vs. Meghann on Eurosport, please share some info.

The loss was not unexpected but the score was really really SHOCKING. It would be great if any of you can shed some information. I've read a few posts about her not being interested to be on court.
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #2
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena's mind is not into tennis right now. She's hitting balls, but she's not playing tennis.

There's nothing else to say about this "match".
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #3
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
it's really upsetting i could hardly watch

it's like, she (Jeca) was only there because she had to be. she looked emotionally fragile, and while she came up with some brilliant shots, she was too intent on finishing the point quickly. she would basically try to hit winners off of the first shot. when she missed, she would go to the other side of the court and do the same. that's where the impression that she didnt care came from.

she just looked lost...she should really take some time off to find herself, and decide if she wants to continue playing tennis
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #4
country flag the_doman

the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of the_doman has much to be proud of
Nothing much to say about that.
Horrible!, Pathetic!,Waste of my time!!
the_doman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #5
oddkayla

oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold
For a while now people have been saying Jelena's mind was not on tennis, or being on court or something like that

When was the last time her mind was on tennis? Why is she playing if thats the case?
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #6
oddkayla

oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold
For a while now people have been saying Jelena's mind was not on tennis, or being on court or something like that

When was the last time her mind was on tennis? Why is she playing if thats the case? And may I beg that please no one should mention her family troubles because she is an adult now. She does not have to do anything she does not want to do.
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #7
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
it's really upsetting i could hardly watch

it's like, she (Jeca) was only there because she had to be. she looked emotionally fragile, and while she came up with some brilliant shots, she was too intent on finishing the point quickly. she would basically try to hit winners off of the first shot. when she missed, she would go to the other side of the court and do the same. that's where the impression that she didnt care came from.

she just looked lost...she should really take some time off to find herself, and decide if she wants to continue playing tennis
Thanks . It's really sad to read about this, I thought the week's break she had taken after Fed Cup would've done her good but I guess not. So she's actually not playing badly, it's just that she doesn't want to 'play' at all. Am I right?

Thanks to the others who responded too.
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:31 PM   #8
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena has simply lost her focus and determination on court. It could be a culmination of off-court events or maybe she is not enjoying tennis that much at the moment but does not want to take an extended break (in case she loses rythmn).

She was just going for winners off every ball, and her timing was off. As she hits so flat, it was always going to be difficult for her. And her body language was very negative.

Jelena didn't play well at all, Meghann served very well and was otherwise consistent.

Jelena needs to find the fire again to want to compete on the court and actually concentrate when she strikes the ball. There were flashes of brilliance and we could see why she was No. 4.

Both her and Daniela's stories are quite sad, as they were definitely up there with the Belgians IMO.
DEETHELICK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:59 PM   #9
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Aaron
Thanks . It's really sad to read about this, I thought the week's break she had taken after Fed Cup would've done her good but I guess not. So she's actually not playing badly, it's just that she doesn't want to 'play' at all. Am I right?

Thanks to the others who responded too.
Playing well and the will to play kind of come together, she is playing badly? Yes of course see the result (especially the first set took like 15 minutes), seems like she is not giving her best effort at all, that`s the reason of her ACTUAL level of play.
When you don`t want to do something, and HAVE to do it, you basically do it to get the rid of the situation and move on.
She better take some time to evaluate if she wants to continue playing tennis or not, if in fact this is the case.
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #10
country flag Nikola

Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point
She was hardly moving or playing. Her service was very poor, and missing by miles. It was really hard for me to watch, would never pay for that kind of match. Sadly, Shaughnessy didn't even play 50% of what she is capable of.
Nikola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #11
country flag katrientje

katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all
I really got my hopes up by the end of last year after her win aginst Kim, but that all seems so far away again. It reminds me of Anna's temporarily ressurection in San Diego 2002 more than anything and that cannot be a good thing

Good luck to K-lina Sprem, Venus, Tati Golovin, Daniela, and Lena D
katrientje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #12
country flag SilviaFan

SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light SilviaFan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique
Jelena's mind is not into tennis right now. She's hitting balls, but she's not playing tennis.

There's nothing else to say about this "match".
I agree, but I think she is coming back. It only takes time!!!!
SilviaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #13
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Even before the match had started Borna Bikic looked miserable. I guess something very serious is going on with Jelena right now.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #14
country flag sarza

sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future
the match was real poor! for her to lose like that when meghann wasnt even playing great is totally saying sumfin. Real bad athmosphere on the court.
sarza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote