Help with Blisters - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:06 PM   #1
country flag Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel has disabled reputation
Help with Blisters

I got a blister yesterday hiking for hours in the burning heat on my little toe. What do you usually do when you get one? It hasn't ruptured but it just looks weird! Should I just leave it alone? Will it go away? I want to go to the gym tonight but I don't want to make it worse!!!
Mrs. Peel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:37 PM   #2
country flag OUT!

OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Mrs. Peel. I have suffered from blisters in the past. Here is an excerpt from a website and overall the website is very helpful. Hope this is okay

This is the advice given to me by the nursing sister at the Australian Institute of Sport - I follow it carefully and I have the best hands of any rower I know!
- "CioccaBella"

CARE OF ROWERS HANDS

Blisters
  • As soon as possible, prick blister with 2-3 holes (large enough that they won't close up again) and drain. Then dry out the blister with Betadine and/or Friar's Balsam (use more of these as soon as the yellow colour is gone). Also use antisptic, eg, Savlon.

Fingers: cover blister with Elastoplast bandaid (+ sportstape if necessary). Hands: cover area with Moleskin - cut to shape of hand, cover wound with gauze first, put strips of sportstape over the moleskin to keep on. Use Zoff to clean off dregs of bandages, etc. (doesn't affect wound).
Infected
  • Soak in warm salty water 2-3 times a day. Use Betadine and a protective dressing. If you get red patches on arms or underarms - SEE A DOCTOR!
Calluses
  • Trim calluses with a scalpel regularly - as close to normal skin line as possible.
To Toughen and Dry-out Skin
  • Salt Water Soaks: soak hands in mixture of cooking salt and water for a few minutes 2-3 times a day.
    Alcohol rubbed into hands.
source: http://www.qra.org/training/blisters.html

Maya Angelou

* Amanda * Brianna * Dan * Esther * Joy * Marco * Nate * Philippe * raquel * Sarah * Shane * Torrance * Veronica

Proud member of The Sinitta Fan Club!

OUT! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:42 PM   #3
country flag alextreiber04

alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice alextreiber04 is just really nice
And the most obvious one is take a break from whatever gave you blisters for a week.
alextreiber04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:52 PM   #4
country flag Martian Willow
Team WTAworld

Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute
...I squeeze them and squish them till they burst...though I am not suggesting that is the correct way to deal with them...
Martian Willow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:48 AM   #5
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
I also had a blood blister this week and it exploded in my face while i hit a forehand

I played tennis with a cyclist glove yesterday
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:15 AM   #6
country flag Mrs. Peel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUT!
Hello Mrs. Peel. I have suffered from blisters in the past. Here is an excerpt from a website and overall the website is very helpful. Hope this is okay

This is the advice given to me by the nursing sister at the Australian Institute of Sport - I follow it carefully and I have the best hands of any rower I know!
- "CioccaBella"

CARE OF ROWERS HANDS

Blisters
  • As soon as possible, prick blister with 2-3 holes (large enough that they won't close up again) and drain. Then dry out the blister with Betadine and/or Friar's Balsam (use more of these as soon as the yellow colour is gone). Also use antisptic, eg, Savlon.

Fingers: cover blister with Elastoplast bandaid (+ sportstape if necessary). Hands: cover area with Moleskin - cut to shape of hand, cover wound with gauze first, put strips of sportstape over the moleskin to keep on. Use Zoff to clean off dregs of bandages, etc. (doesn't affect wound).
Infected
  • Soak in warm salty water 2-3 times a day. Use Betadine and a protective dressing. If you get red patches on arms or underarms - SEE A DOCTOR!
Calluses
  • Trim calluses with a scalpel regularly - as close to normal skin line as possible.
To Toughen and Dry-out Skin
  • Salt Water Soaks: soak hands in mixture of cooking salt and water for a few minutes 2-3 times a day.
    Alcohol rubbed into hands.
source: http://www.qra.org/training/blisters.html
thank you darlin! I was just getting worried about it. Now I know what to do!
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:16 AM   #7
country flag Mrs. Peel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
...I squeeze them and squish them till they burst...though I am not suggesting that is the correct way to deal with them...
This is what I wanted to do!! but I chickened out for fear of infection!
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #8
country flag Mrs. Peel

Thank you all for the advices!
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #9
country flag caramel

caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
...I squeeze them and squish them till they burst...
I always do that when I have a blister. Actually I get these nasty things quite often from wearing way too tight and uncomfortable shoes.

Chanda Rubin Anastasia Myskina

Francesca Schiavone Paola Suarez

Barbara Schett Silvia Farina Elia

Klara Koukalova Iva Majoli

Marat Safin is all mine.

*caramelized.net*

caramel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote