Do YOU have a good drop shot? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:04 AM   #16
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirt12255
I have a bad habit of over-using my drop shot....apart from my forehand it's prolly my best shot...the ol' drop shot then lob is my fav
I love watching opponents scrambling to get to the lobs. I like to drop it (or dip it low as Milan would say ) and toss up a super moonball lob deluxe Nobody can resist

But lately, my backhand slices have been flying up high on me I'm using a Prince Chang Graphite, strung with a syn. spin @ 60 lbs. I have to REALLY come at the ball with my racquet perpendicular to the court...otherwise, game over
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM   #17
Kirt12255

Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquimaux
I love watching opponents scrambling to get to the lobs. I like to drop it (or dip it low as Milan would say ) and toss up a super moonball lob deluxe Nobody can resist

But lately, my backhand slices have been flying up high on me I'm using a Prince Chang Graphite, strung with a syn. spin @ 60 lbs. I have to REALLY come at the ball with my racquet perpendicular to the court...otherwise, game over
LMAO!!!!! That's why I do it.....seeing them scramble to get back for the lob...I always remember doing it heaps to an overweight kid that had a huge serve....I did it so often.....I lobbed him and the look on his face was priceless...he got it back once and I was laughing so hard I couldn't volley LMAO. If you have ever seen Jumanji with that Rhino that puffs as it follows at the back of the pack? It was so like that LMAO .....what can I say I was a cruel kid
Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:19 AM   #18
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LMAO!!!!! That's why I do it.....seeing them scramble to get back for the lob...I always remember doing it heaps to an overweight kid that had a huge serve....I did it so often.....I lobbed him and the look on his face was priceless...he got it back once and I was laughing so hard I couldn't volley LMAO. If you have ever seen Jumanji with that Rhino that puffs as it follows at the back of the pack? It was so like that LMAO .....what can I say I was a cruel kid
Kirt What can I say, do what you have to do to win
Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:39 AM   #19
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL, my dadz a bit like that fat kid, but the look on his face is ! he thinks hes sooo good, when really hes a pile of donkey bollucks.

Oh, my dropshot use to be good, but now it (along with my volleys) is the weakest part of my game. The only time I can hit a decent drop shot is when the ball is in one of the service box's. My disguise is good though. (I think)

Go Rafa.

Last edited by selesport : May 2nd, 2004 at 11:11 AM.
!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM   #20
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
I like to use it a lot!!! But I don't know if they are that good

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:03 AM   #21
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by selesport
..I can hit a decent drop shit is when...
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:09 AM   #22
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquimaux
my typing is really crap! I never bother go back and check my mistakes!

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:19 AM   #23
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
My drop-shot is a weapon. I like to use it in strange situations and I often surprise my opponent with it. I like it more to make a dropshot winner than a forehand DTL winner
I consider it as a big weapon. My opponents hate it
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:23 AM   #24
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
It's actually my best shot. But only on the backhand side, and only down the line.
I even do it from behind the baseline. Whenever nothing else works in my game (which is quite often recently ), I play this shot.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:12 PM   #25
country flag controlfreak
Team WTAworld

controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute
My dropshot is pretty hit-or-miss; either it will go over and be ungettable or it will just plop into the net on my side.
The problem is I try to use it far too much. If I am in a baseline rally that goes on for more than four shots, I will just get frustrated and try a drop. Or if I am playing someone really good and trying to find a way to beat them, I will hit a load of dropshots (and usually miss). Sometimes when I am under pressure in a point, I will try to hit one. But the most effective use is when my opponent is at the net, and I'm not in a position to pass or lob, so I just hit a low floater of a drop shot at them which gives me loads of time to recover. They are usually so surprised that they hit a weak volley which I chase down and smack for a winner.
controlfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:53 PM   #26
country flag jenny161185

jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future
I havequite a good dropshot off my backhand win - I always use it in the strangest of situations like matchpoints down which is strange because usually I tighten up alot on important points - I love trying drop volleys cos when they work the look so class
Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:10 PM   #27
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
I play with two hands on the forehand side which I think helps in making my drop shot an easy shot for me to execute. I can usually put a lot of under spin on it which makes it that much more lethal. I can't hit a dropshot off of my backhand though. I tend to forget to use that shot as much as I probably should, thanks for reminding me...
Admiral: Kim Clijsters
Lieutenant General: Elena Dementieva
Major General: Myskina

nominees for Brigadier General:
Venus, Golovin, Lindsay, Petrova, and Pierce
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:36 PM   #28
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
My dropshot is good out of both wings, I can hide it perfectly on my forehand. While my backhand dropshot, although letal, I would say is easy to figure out once you've seen a couple.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:14 PM   #29
country flag geoepee
Team WTAworld

geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrero
@ your first serve. If you get to play Monica, she would just smack and eat every serve of you. j/k

And I love your signature, probably one of the best I have ever seen.
Thanks . And I think you're right, Monica would just kill me!

The sad part about my serve is that I'm 6'4" and I serve about as fast as Anika Kapros's. My serve just plain sucks
lliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenus
WilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVen
usWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsV
enusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliam

Good Luck to Venus Williams in 2006!
Official Alchemist of the Royal Court

WGTA - A. Stevenson (5) - S5 Australian Open Champion [GS]
WITT - A. Stevenson (6) - S1 Mexican Open Champion [T2]
LTT - A. Stevenson (25)
UTT - A. Stevenson (16)
geoepee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM   #30
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold
I have a great drophot when I don't outright overpower my opponents and hit winners...

I like hitting a deep crosscourt backhand right into the corner which makes them hit a short reply, and I pretend like I'm going to go up the line, but then I carve out a dropshot extremely short in the deuce side serve box and it spins off the court...

I'm soo good...

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
VeNuS#1LoVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote