Amélie at the Olympics! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #1
country flag Lapin

Lapin has disabled reputation
Amélie at the Olympics!

Thanks to Minou from Amélies' official site for posting this article from today's L'Equipe:

'Tenue vierge pour Amélie Mauresmo à Athènes

Mercredi 28 avril 2004 (Sport Fr)
Si, la Française Amélie Mauresmo participe aux Jeux olympiques d'Athènes (13-29 août), ce sera dans une tenue entièrement blanche. C'est-à-dire expurgée du moindre sponsor.

Rappelons les dessous de l'affaire. La numéro 1 française évolue d'ordinaire dans une tenue fournie par son équipementier, Nike. Mais, sous contrat avec Adidas, le Comité national olympique et sportif français (CNOSF) lui a demandé de porter l'équipement officiel lors des JO 2004. En jouant en blanc, les parties ont trouvé un terrain d'entente. Un moindre mal en quelque sorte. Confronté au même problème, le Comité olympique belge n'a pas trouvé de solution avec Kim Clijsters. La joueuse belge, sous contrat avec Fila, préfère renoncer à participer aux Jeux plutôt que de porter la tenue Adidas officielle de la délégation belge.'

Looks like they are going to get around the sponser problem by Amélie playing in 'all white', with no sponser logo at all. Good news, it would be sad if she had to miss the Olympics because of a 'commercial' problem.
Lapin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #2
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Thanks to Minou from Amélies' official site for posting this article from today's L'Equipe:

'Tenue vierge pour Amélie Mauresmo à Athènes

Mercredi 28 avril 2004 (Sport Fr)
Si, la Française Amélie Mauresmo participe aux Jeux olympiques d'Athènes (13-29 août), ce sera dans une tenue entièrement blanche. C'est-à-dire expurgée du moindre sponsor.

Rappelons les dessous de l'affaire. La numéro 1 française évolue d'ordinaire dans une tenue fournie par son équipementier, Nike. Mais, sous contrat avec Adidas, le Comité national olympique et sportif français (CNOSF) lui a demandé de porter l'équipement officiel lors des JO 2004. En jouant en blanc, les parties ont trouvé un terrain d'entente. Un moindre mal en quelque sorte. Confronté au même problème, le Comité olympique belge n'a pas trouvé de solution avec Kim Clijsters. La joueuse belge, sous contrat avec Fila, préfère renoncer à participer aux Jeux plutôt que de porter la tenue Adidas officielle de la délégation belge.'

Looks like they are going to get around the sponser problem by Amélie playing in 'all white', with no sponser logo at all. Good news, it would be sad if she had to miss the Olympics because of a 'commercial' problem.
That's great news - Amélie is a huge fan of the Olympics so it's only natural that she would find a way to go to the Olympics while keeping everyone relatively happy.
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #3
country flag suzie

suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute
Go for the gold!!

From Amélie's interview in Berlin:

"(...)
Q: Are you going to play in the Olympics?
MAURESMO: Yes I am going to play for sure the singles and if there are any doubles I would like to play them also. I have a very big schedule.
(...)"

http://www.content.german-open.org/

World MomOrganization's Head of Scrunchy* Watching Department (HSWD)
* "scrunchy" is a trademark courtesy of Mauresmo PonyTail, Inc. (c) 1979 François & Françoise

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
suzie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:09 AM   #4
Sonja
Momomental

Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
As patriotic as she is I was pretty sure she'd play
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

There's a fine line between love and hate; that line is called family!

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!
Sonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #5
country flag pineapple

pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of pineapple has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja
As patriotic as she is I was pretty sure she'd play
Yep, that's what i was thinking too.
I was sure that she would WANT to go so i was confident that she was gonna try and succeed to work something out with her sponsor so that she could go.
Thanks to Nike for allowing her to have a chance to let us see how good she looks "wearing" the French flag above her beautiful smile.
pineapple is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote