Loss of Amelie not good for Venus - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #1
joeshmo50

joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all
Loss of Amelie not good for Venus

I was just thinking, now that Amelie is out of it, it may increase Venus' chances of winning, however, for you Venus fans out there, don't you think it would have been better to see her beat a top 5 player before the French? I mean yeah, she could still do that at next week's German Open, but if Venus can get to the finals, and win this thing, it would have made it extra sweet to beat a top 5 player like Amelie. Plus, it would have turned more heads towards Venus before the French, ya know?
joeshmo50 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #2
DUNEMAN

DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo50
I was just thinking, now that Amelie is out of it, it may increase Venus' chances of winning, however, for you Venus fans out there, don't you think it would have been better to see her beat a top 5 player before the French? I mean yeah, she could still do that at next week's German Open, but if Venus can get to the finals, and win this thing, it would have made it extra sweet to beat a top 5 player like Amelie. Plus, it would have turned more heads towards Venus before the French, ya know?
I was rooting for Amelie, until she meet Venus. She is one of my Favs

Official Dream Catcher Of the Royal Court
Dream Catcher (Lakota) Legend
DUNEMAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #3
country flag Sportfan

Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all Sportfan is a name known to all
Personally I think it is better when Venus goes into a tournament unhyped my only concern is that she remains relatively healthy and can play well at the FO.
Sportfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #4
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Vneus is still scheduled to play the German Open and Kim and Amelie are scheduled to play there.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 03:44 PM   #5
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
in 1997 noone thought of Iva to win that trophy and beating the #1 in the final. So why shouldn't Venus win that trophy withoit beating a top5 before RG ???

She has all chances ...

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #6
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDoki-addict
in 1997 noone thought of Iva to win that trophy and beating the #1 in the final. So why shouldn't Venus win that trophy withoit beating a top5 before RG ???

She has all chances ...

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #7
WF4EVER

WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future
What's the point of this thread? I'm lost.
WF4EVER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:20 AM   #8
country flag servenrichie

servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WF4EVER
What's the point of this thread? I'm lost.
The point I think is that Venus fans should be sad that Amelie lost, not because Amelie may be their favourites, but because Venus ought to proove that she is still capable of beating a top five player before RG. The starter of this thread should correct me I f I am wrong
servenrichie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM   #9
joeshmo50

joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all
No, ur right on servenrichie,thanks for explaining that. I didn't think the thread was that difficult to understand. Thanks for ur opinions.
joeshmo50 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:18 PM   #10
Gus

Gus is an unknown quantity at this point Gus is an unknown quantity at this point Gus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDoki-addict

She has all chances ...
IVA SHOULD NEVER HAD WON THE FRENCH - please remember the match !!!!!! Martina had won everything at that point, and, I was there attending the final, she just got really nervous...

Kim's final a few years later is a better example
Amelie Mauresmo, Marion Bartoli, Nathalie Dechy, Tatiana Golovin, Celine Beigbeder, Virginie Razzano, Emilie Loit, Stephanie Foretz, Camille Pin, Elodie LeBescond ... and the other beautiful French girls...
Gus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote