The Leaping Lucie Hradecka Cheering Thread - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #106
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: The Leaping Lucie Hradecka Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A. View Post
Was that match a crazy, roller-coaster ride or what? Up, down, up, down... It certainly was a lot of fun to watch. On the other hand, it probably wasn't quite as much fun to watch if you happened to be cheering for Serena. I'm just sorry that Lucie wasn't able to grab that 2nd set; she certainly did enough to earn it. That said, a tiebreak is always a bit of a lottery, and the balls just didn't bounce her way in the end.

Lucie has lost a bunch of matches recently, but she's still been able to keep all of them competitive. In that same vein, I think that today's match demonstrated that she really isn't that far away from pulling it back together again. The last time that I watched her play, her attitude was pretty poor. I saw the exact opposite from her today. She had a disappointing start to each set, but she stayed positive throughout. Ultimately she found a way to raise her game each time, and she gave herself some chances in both of them. I'm giving Lucie an A for today's effort; she deserves it.
I was so bummed out the match didn't go to a third set after Lucie's thrilling effort. It would've been fascinating to see if Lucie could've pulled off the upset. Frankly, I thought Serena was running on fumes and ripe for the picking.

I think many people (including myself) who saw the match woke up with a new found respect for Lucie. With that serve of hers, she's dangerous! From now on, I'm keeping an eye on her.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM   #107
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future
Re: The Leaping Lucie Hradecka Cheering Thread

I thought Lucie win set against Rena... that one ball in tiebreak
She made a good impression, play very well and solid in second set. Fact, after Rena was weaker, but not every girls will use this chance.
Her serve is very dangerous, like top 10.
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #108
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

US.Open.2011.WD.R3.Tatishvili.Klepac.vs.Hlavackova .Hradecka.Int.h.264.Parts
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 01:03 AM   #109
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Alright folks, we might be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel -- Lucie won a couple of matches at last week's 100k in St Malo. So where do we go from here? Well, she's now playing in the China Open, and she's drawn Wozniacki in the 1st round. Not an easy match-up for Lucie by any stretch of the imagination, but you've got to remember that Woz has had her own struggles in the recent past too. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Now, turning to Lucie's doubles results. At the US Open, she made it to the quarters with Andrea, but did even better in the mixed by making it to the semis with Frantisek Cermak. I watched a good bit of her and Andrea's 2nd round match against Petkovic and Goerges, and I was really impressed with how they hung in there to ultimately win that match. Petko and Gorgeous came roaring back in the 2nd set, and found a way to stretch this thing to a 3rd. Petko was sensing blood in the water; all of a sudden, she got fired up and started celebrating every big point that they won. It really wasn't looking too good for the Czech girls at that point. That said, they found a way to pull it all back together in the 3rd, and they were able to raise their games when it really mattered. No doubt about it, Lucie and Andrea make a great doubles team. Their games and personalities complement each other. You look at Andrea and sometimes think, "If she had a bit more power in her game, she would be so dangerous." That's not a problem when she's playing with Lucie; Miss Hradecka has got power to spare. You look at Lucie and think, "With a bit more self-belief and fire in her belly, she could easily be a Top 20 player." That's not a problem when she's playing with Hlavackova, because Andrea is always looking to encourage Lucie and to get her fired up. When those two are in a groove, they can definitely be a lot of fun to watch.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:21 AM   #110
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Very good start against Wozniacki. We know Lucie is a big hitter with huge service. Some great winners. How long will it last ?
Not very long. Big hits and bid misses. rebreak 2:2
I was 20 minutes away and I´m suprised Lucie took the first set 6:3. lucie 1st serve % 41%
6 doublefalls 0:3 in second set Wozniacki serving
6:3 0:6
third set 2:3 Wozniacki broke her, nice try going to the net but not successful
uuu back on serve 3:3
there is blood in the water 2 breakballs
wozniacki second serve ace
nice 5:4 serve to love pressure on Wozniakci
5:5 love game
ace number 8 30:0 but 3 easy mistakes 30:40 ace number 9
too long another breakball second service net 5:6
Wozniacki beatable but Lucie is not Kaia. 6:3 0:6 5:7

Last edited by paulmara : Oct 3rd, 2011 at 09:02 AM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM   #111
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

wta.2011.beijing.ws.r1.hradecka.vs.wozniacki
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM   #112
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #113
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Great effort by Lucie out there yesterday! She didn't win it, but she should really take this match as a moral victory. She didn't come into Beijing playing her best tennis, but this performance could help to give her the confidence that she's indeed back on the right track.

Paulmara, if you were wondering just how Lucie managed to take that first set with her 1st serve percentage being that low, it was because she just continued blasting winners off of both wings. Caroline had no answers for Lucie's power in that first set. It was very flat hitting, and she was repeatedly hitting the lines. The best scrambler in the game was just watching balls zing past her again and again. It really was a thing of beauty to watch. I think that the sit-down between the sets disrupted her flow. She probably even surprised herself with how well she had played in that first set, and she would've had a chance to think about the position that she was in against the #1 player. The pressure builds a bit; some doubts creep in; all of a sudden, her rhythm disappeared. I've got to give her all the credit in the world for finding a way to calm herself down in the 3rd set. Once she got her focus back, she was able to push Caroline right up until the very end. Lucie is definitely capable of getting that 1st serve percentage back up to a respectable level though. When she does, these sorts of matches will become a whole lot easier to win.
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #114
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of

Lucie get a Lucky Looser slot due to Lisicki's withdrawal. Make it count for the weeks to come, Lucie!

photo credit: rix643 on GM
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #115
country flag Jason A.

And she makes it count! Hradecka defeats Hantuchova: 6-7(3) 7-5 6-1

I'm really happy for Lucie; she's been close to pulling it back together and earning herself a big win for a while now. Well, she got it today. She kept a tight rein on her power; played it safe, and everything worked out just fine.
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #116
country flag isabellea

isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute

My pics from Luxembourg
http://www.mytennisphotos.be/galerie....php?album=731
isabellea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #117
country flag Jason A.

Thanks, Isabelle!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #118
country flag Jason A.

Another solid performance by Lucie today in beating Cadantu in straight sets. I love what I'm seeing from her at the moment; she's being very patient. She's picking and choosing when to attack as opposed to trying to blast winners off of everything that comes her way. This isn't the first time that I've seen her play this way, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen her do it this consistently. The other thing that I'm loving is her attitude: cool, calm and collected. Things are definitely looking up!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 02:09 PM   #119
country flag Jason A.

Lucie...

Well, what can you do? Yes, she was injured, but she still had her fair share of chances. That said, it definitely made her job a lot harder. She seemed unsure of what was the best game plan to go with. Should she try to shorten the points by being aggressive, or should she stay with what got her there, which was being patient? She was still able to run, but seemed to have trouble getting up for those overheads once she got into net. Her first serve was inconsistent. The injury messed with her rhythm just enough that she didn't seem to have the confidence in her game that she had before. It was great to see her trying to be positive and fighting right up to the very end though.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 06:05 PM   #120
country flag paulmara