The Leaping Lucie Hradecka Cheering Thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #181
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Leaping Lucie Hradecka Cheering Thread

Congrats to all Lucie fans. I still remember that Czech league final match in December when she beat Petra 7-6, 6-7, 7-5. When she's on, she's top 10 both in doubles and singles. Good luck against Serena
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #182
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Great week full of unexpected results
Good luck in next tournament!
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #183
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Final score, 67(5) 06. First time playing Serena.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #184
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #185
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Final score, 67(5) 06. First time playing Serena.
Second
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #186
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

What an incredible week from Lucie! She was on fire! This isn't the first time that she has played this sort of amazing tennis, but this is certainly the first time that I've seen it with this type of consistency. She has put a lot of people on notice with this run in Madrid. Minus the injuries at the very end, I think that she could have even won the tournament. And yes, I really think she was playing that good.

Lucie went above and beyond the call of duty last week. She came through qualies, so she ended up playing 8 matches in 9 days -- that includes the one doubles match with Andrea. Lucie didn't have any easy matches. If the match stats are any indication, she was forced to play some really good tennis just to make it through those first two qualification matches. Next up was Peng -- ranked No.22 -- and she took her out in three sets. After she beat Shuai earlier this year in Auckland, I remember Lucie saying that she was having a hard time believing that she'd actually won the match. Well, this is now two times in a row. Next up was Petra -- ranked No.4 -- and she took her out in straight sets. They had played once before on Tour, and Lucie had lost that one in straight sets. Then came Makarova -- ranked No.41 -- who Lucie had lost to the first two times that they had played. No worries, took her out in straight sets too. Next up was Stosur who is ranked #5 in the world. Lucie had lost their only previous match, but she took this one in two close, tiebreak sets. Alas, the streak ended when facing Serena, but it was also pretty obvious to see that Lucie's physical condition had a lot to do with how this particular match turned out. Ah well, maybe next time.

Moving forward, I really wish that she was taking some time off to heal up before she played again, but at the moment it still looks as if she’ll play the Prague 100k this week. At any rate, her ranking shoots back up to #55 with these new points, and the story gets even better because she's got very few points to defend once we get past the French.

Congratulations, Lucie!

WTA website articles on Madrid below:
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201205...256076_2765267
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201205...256076_2769853
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #187
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

^ Nope, skipped Prague, now in the main draw of Strasbourg. Depending on who the qualifier is, should at least get to the second round, where Mona, unfortunately, will be waiting.

(1/wc)Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Pauline Parmentier (FRA)
Elena Baltacha (GBR) v Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA)
Q v Lucie Hradecka (CZE)
Q v (5)Mona Barthel (GER)
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:36 PM   #188
Tennis Fool

Defeated LL Mandy Minella, 76(3) 62. Now plays Q Alexandra Panova, who upset Mona.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:43 AM   #189
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Getting To Know... Lucie Hradecka

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Gettin...785537,00.html
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM   #190
Tennis Fool

^ Great!

But she hit a speedbump in the second round, upset by Q Alexandra Panova, 36 64 36.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #191
country flag paulmara

Thanks to Rix643

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #192
Tennis Fool

Tough section at the FO, but could actually pull an upset over Julia based on form:

(5)Serena Williams (USA) v Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Arantxa Rus (NED) v Jamie Hampton (USA)
Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Q
(25)Julia Görges (GER) v Lucie Hradecká (CZE)
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #193
country flag paulmara

Lucie lost to Görges 6:7 4:6

big one
http://oidnes.cz/12/053/org/MA437d51...EN_0529_11.JPG
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #194
Tennis Fool

Good try, just a bad draw.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #195
country flag paulmara

Thanks to nevetssllim for his excellent work