My Report , Wollongong Open Grade 5 ,Day2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:40 AM   #1
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
My Report , Wollongong Open Grade 5 ,Day2

I got to see two great matches today...

Daniella Dominikovic(5) Def Tenaka(spelling?)...This match was over VERY quickly...Daniella is a great prospect and in my opinion will surpass Evie once she matures. She is much more aggressive than Evie , and hit the ball fairly damn hard and flat. She doesn't like to rally for too long and is an emotional type of player ,gets pumped up! She hit winner after winner , just a great display of power tennis and finished off her opponent with a backhand winner down th eline off the first serve.....it marked the way the whole match went! Im tipping Daniella to go for the title if she plays like that.....she hit 3 winners off Tenaka;s serve int he last game

Tenaka(2) Def Tanevska(9) .....im really sad and angry at this result! Nathatlie started the match with a powerful serve , and a forehand winner...and she kept the aggression up as she took a 2-0 lead. Then Tenaka lifted her game , and started to attack the net finishing a ten hour rally at the net for 2-2 at which Nathatlie said "OMG , Do u ever miss?" !!.....They play a very similar game , both are short but Nathalie is fitter and gets heavy topspin on her strokes.....both players IMO dont have enough power , but Nathtalies feistiness , and better serve IMO makes her the better player and she WOULDVE won had she not let Tanaka get on her nerves !
Nat hit a backhand winner down the line , on the stretch which was in...it was a GREAT shot after a awesome rally...she pumped her fist and said c'mon and went to sit down...Tanaka was being a real dog and just stood there.....Nathalie looked at her PUZZLED and Tanaka said "OUT".....
a bit bloody late if u ask me!
so Nathalie then said "dont u understand what out means.....why dont u learn some English...it touched the line , that means its in.....it got the line" she said this a few times repeatedly!!!!! goo nat...then the tournament referee was called who was also a bit of a dog and she went on Tanakas side seeing Tanaka was closest to the call! grrrrrrrr i saw the ball clearly in...Nathalie after that lost the match just barely , it went FOREVER....and then when she lost she wont sobbing to her parents........
Nathalies parents were reallly nie , they tried to calm her down by saying 'smirise' to her after her outburst but she couldnt , shes just a kid...

OVERALL Daniella has the weapons to make it on the tour and has BIG groundies , she can hit the winners and is very flairsome......shes also tall , tanned , cute etc...
Nathalie is still veyr small , shes tiny , even tho theyre both 14?

Nathalie looks much younger and smaller...shes very fesity as she doesnt have a big weapon but is very gritty..she needs to work on developing more strength and power as her smaller frame limits her.
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:56 AM   #2
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Thanks for the report!

Go Shiho!

Natalie needs to learn to calm her emotions as much as she needs to develop power if she wants to make it. In tennis, there are going to be plenty of instances where line disputes will take place.

That is why many of the Asian players are able to win matches despite their lack of power, etc because they stay mentally composed.

I also find the comment from Nat somewhat racist. "Why don't you learn some english".
Well from myself to Nat, "Why don't you learn how to let your racquet do the talking, instead of losing your head"

BTW, what were the scores?

Steve, did your read my last post on your thread in the General Messages forum?
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:04 AM   #3
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Yes danker...my friend Jon was rooting for Shiho cos he said she looked 'nicer'...as in more calm , cool and collected.....she was smiling etc.....

Nathalie also called herself a 'smotana' = retard..she has a funyn charcter , shes only 14 , so i wouldnt hold it against her......i love her to death anyway , and im sure shes learning!
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:06 AM   #4
country flag SM

oh danker btw i dont think it was racist what she said about learning English...Nat was being rude , but so was the opponent at times...i mena the ball was in, but thats about it ...its juniors , this happens when there is no umpire. SHiho just managed to deal with it better
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:34 AM   #5
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
OK, I guess "racist" was a bit harsh, since I was kinda upset with Nat's comments.

It was probably in the heat of the moment. This match should be a good lesson for her in the future.
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 08:56 AM   #6
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
thanx SM for the reports

and go Daniella
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 01:32 PM   #7
country flag Rising Sun

Weird, on this link it says that Natalie was the winner.

http://topspin.tennisinformation.com.../draw-3-mf.htm
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 01:44 PM   #8
country flag SM

Danker.....i missed the last point a nd so did my friend..we were chatting and didnt realise it finished...

i saw Nathatlie a bit upset...but maybe it was cos of all the dramas.....if so , YAY! !!!!!!!!!......
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:41 PM   #9
country flag Rising Sun

You're scaring me now!

I really hope that the site is wrong!

Do u remember how Shiho's emotion was after the match?
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 05:45 PM   #10
country flag SM

i looked at them onthe court and neither looked upset....no emotion which was weird after such a match!

nathalie went and hugged her parents afterwards..my friend said she had tears...

thats all i know....shiho didnt even smile , just a blank expression.....ill checxk today and see for sure
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 07:51 PM   #11
country flag bluepastures

bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, that's the first I knew about Evie Dominkovic haivng a younger tennis-playing sister. It mentions Daniella in the WTA tour player guide for 2002, but not that she's a player too. Hopefully Evie will be coming over to the UK for Eastbourne again this year.
Has anyone got a photo of Daniela they could post to this board please? It's interesting that you say Daniela looks like she may be better than her sister, as I've heard several people say that Lena Keothavong will be better than her older sister Anne (the British no.5 and world no. 275)
bluepastures is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote