Article: Maleeva to defend DFS Classic, officials hope for Martina N. & Sharapova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:54 AM   #1
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
Article: Maleeva to defend DFS Classic, officials hope for Martina N. & Sharapova

Maleeva signs up to defend her DFS title

Apr 20 2004

Hyder Jawad, Birmingham Post

Magdalena Maleeva has confirmed that she will return to Birmingham in June to defend her DFS Classic tennis title.

The Bulgarian player, who is No 23 in the world rankings but was once in the top five, is the first leading player to enter the singles tournament that takes place at Edgbaston

Priory from June 7-13. DFS Classic officials are hoping that Martina Navratilova and Maria Sharapova will also agree to play in the tournament, which carries ranking-points status and is widely regarded by players as being among the most popular events.

Since making her name at Birmingham last year, Sharapova has become the most glamorous player on the women's tour and her entry, if confirmed, will provide officials with a significant boost. Navratilova, the most successful player in history, only plays in doubles events these days but she was originally entered for the singles at the DFS Classic last year and will be invited to play in both events this year.

Tickets are on sale for the tournament, with prices ranging from £7 on the first day to £16 for the final. Weekly passes cost £50. The ticket hotline number is 0870 909 3015.

0011..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:58 AM   #2
arcus

arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold
sharapova and navratilova and maleeva....

For 7-14 english pounds, that has got to be the best deal going.......

nice post
arcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 04:55 AM   #3
VeraNuVirgosFan

VeraNuVirgosFan has disabled reputation
As usual: thanks a lot, Sharky.

YVera Brezhneva
of Nu Virgos * ВИА-Гра
Vera – You are my #1!! Я тебя так благодарна!!

* Maша Sharapova * Nicole V * Venus * Лена Dementieva * K-Lina Šprem *
VeraNuVirgosFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:44 AM   #4
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Sharky
Philbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 08:50 AM   #5
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
Go Maggie
defend it

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 08:55 AM   #6
country flag space_eef03

space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice space_eef03 is just really nice
Happy to hear that!
and Kirsten Flipkens
space_eef03 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:18 AM   #7
country flag SerialKiller#69

SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light
Nav!

.tatianagolovin.sesilkaratancheva.shuaipeng.

.lindsayDAVENPORT.kimCLIJSTERS.

"i don't wanna be your other half i believe that one and one make two."

alanis m.

SerialKiller#69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:56 PM   #8
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!
Go! Masha !!
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 02:31 PM   #9
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, great to see Maleeva defending her title! I think she has a chance on grass! Hope she´ll be the first seed (what might be difficult)!!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM   #10
williamsfan

williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light
[quote]Since making her name at Birmingham last year, Sharapova has become the most glamorous player on the women's tour and her entry, if confirmed, will provide officials with a significant boost.[End Quote]

What makes her glamorous, because she's blonde? Whatever
williamsfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:46 PM   #11
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there all-week
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM   #12
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute
If Masha is going, I am too!

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 05:01 PM   #13
country flag sarza

sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future
any1 know who else is def goin????????
sarza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 05:04 PM   #14
country flag Maggie May

Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice Maggie May is just really nice
Would love to see Martina at Birmingham again. God I first went to Birmingham when I was about 15 or 16 and Martina was dominating and she is still there now. OK now I feel old.
She probably still feels 16 like me!
Maggie May is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:26 PM   #15
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh...a Maria-Navratilova first round!
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote