??Australian Coverage?????? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:10 AM   #1
go hingis

go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute
??Australian Coverage??????

I can't seem to find anyone covering Australia's Fed Cup Tie.

A'm I blind or do I live in a stupid country where men can only watch other men play sport. I'm Angry angry angry, Womens Tennis never had good decent coverage regardless foxtel telling us they cover many wta events. I don't even see coverage of events they used to show and when we do get coverage our guide will have 3hours of coverage but we end of getting 1/2 an hour of a match or two with afew games in each set and then they show us some dumb old documentary.

I really don't know why foxtel had big ads of Serena earlier this year, I thought they picked up some more wta events but looks like they dropped some. When we do get Grand slam coverage it's hardly of women.

Also how many times do I tune into sports tonight thinking something significant has happened that they should mention, to hear nothing. They covered the mens progress at the nasdaq but didn't mention a word about the women that where at the same event. I changed there little catch phrase: If it happened in sports today, then it will be on sports tonight excluding Womens Tennis. Ok this is not just sports tonight but also fox sports, they are not as bad they do mention results once a blue moon but for a sport that has such a long tour pushed by the media, why arn't they covering it.

Still angry any ideas and contact details to complain to all our stupid channels. Emails, petitions anything. This is ridiculous. If Martina was still playing I would be dying without coverage. Time for them to get their act together I say.
go hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:13 AM   #2
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
It's pathetic, but what can we do
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:13 AM   #3
cooldudeanzela

cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve cooldudeanzela can only hope to improve
they show fed cup but a month after the tie has been played, i think there is a satellite that u can get with eurosport and it shows every wta event
cooldudeanzela is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:14 AM   #4
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
I'll sign the petition, if u create one
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:25 PM   #5
country flag kell

kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyAidanm
I'll sign the petition, if u create one
Me too

cooldudeanzela, what a pretty collection of red dots you have there. I haven't been on the board for a while...what'd you do to deserve that?

*apart from calling Azza a tard

ALICIA FOR PRIME MINISTER
kell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:45 PM   #6
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I know it's shocking... I remember when Pratty won Hyderabad and i watched sports tonight to see if they said anything and they didn't even mention it! How shit. I think women's tennis is better than mens and why they only ever show mens tennis is beyond me.... I mean they show every second of the davis cup on commercial TV and the women don't get anything?! It's so crap
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:49 PM   #7
Team WTAworld

ditto to petey pan, hopefully by th time I die, Aussie TV stops discriminating sexually
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 01:22 PM   #8
country flag kell

kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan
I know it's shocking... I remember when Pratty won Hyderabad and i watched sports tonight to see if they said anything and they didn't even mention it! How shit. I think women's tennis is better than mens and why they only ever show mens tennis is beyond me.... I mean they show every second of the davis cup on commercial TV and the women don't get anything?! It's so crap
It has a fair bit to do with performance levels, but yeah, I agree.

It sucks that there are still so many Australia out there who say "Alicia who?" thanks to shoddy media coverage.

ALICIA FOR PRIME MINISTER
kell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:52 AM   #9
go hingis

go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute go hingis has a reputation beyond repute
I have a busy long weekend this week but I will try and get something together soon.

I've never done one of these before I usually just bitch to whoever will listen, lol.

May issue has semi's and final of two events (german and one other) so my boyf tells me, but not live like the ATP, but better then nothing.

I think I might send this to all tv stations and Cable providers, Not only do they not show the events but the news team also decide it's not that important to report. So they follow some ex pro / model around the world because she claims she had sex with a soccer star, while our tennis stars who have deserved to be where they are left unnoticed.

Post any ideas as you can see I need the help, lol.
Thanks Guys and Girls
go hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote