A 152 mph serve ... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #1
TeeRexx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
A 152 mph serve ...

... ain't everything, now, is it, Andy?



Bye.
__________________
Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #2
GANGSTABACKHAND!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 334
GANGSTABACKHAND! has disabled reputation
What is your point!!?? Andy lost in the final of a tournament on red on clay to an excellent player, a player who wqas out for a while, but has a lot of variety and slices that are perfect for clay. The fact that Andy made it to the final is enough to be proud of. This loss is ok though because after the clay court season it will be grass court season, and let's see how well that "152 mph" serve is returned then!!
__________________
".. IF U WANT TO BE PROFOUND! IF U REALLY NEED TO JUSTIFY! TAKE A BREATH AND LOOK AROUND..A LOT OF FOLKS DESERVE TO DIE!!"-AUDREY II
GANGSTABACKHAND! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #3
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 27,094
Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
Better Luck next time Andy!
BTW y isn't it post in www.menstennisforum.com?
__________________
Dementia
Chunchun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #4
country flag CanadianGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 241
CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGSTABACKHAND!
What is your point!!?? Andy lost in the final of a tournament on red on clay to an excellent player, a player who wqas out for a while, but has a lot of variety and slices that are perfect for clay. The fact that Andy made it to the final is enough to be proud of. This loss is ok though because after the clay court season it will be grass court season, and let's see how well that "152 mph" serve is returned then!!
lol, people are finding And more and more boring. If you get a #1 ranking because you have a big serve and monstrous big forehands. It will become boring sooner or later. Dont forget who won Wimbledon last year You need a brain to win on grass too
CanadianGuy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #5
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,168
AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Point?

www.menstennisforums.com
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #6
country flag Spunky83
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,867
Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Stupid thread...Every player can lose a match with or without a "best shot". A big serve never guarantees a win, if you are not able to break. Even Steffi´s forehand or Justine´s backhand can´t be enough when the opponent´s just better or in a better constitution.
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #7
TeeRexx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGSTABACKHAND!
What is your point!!?? Andy lost in the final of a tournament on red on clay to an excellent player, a player who wqas out for a while, but has a lot of variety and slices that are perfect for clay. The fact that Andy made it to the final is enough to be proud of. This loss is ok though because after the clay court season it will be grass court season, and let's see how well that "152 mph" serve is returned then!!
Now, tell me how you really feel, pal.
__________________
Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #8
Sonja
Momomental
 
Sonja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Momosapia
Posts: 8,583
Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.menstennisforums.com/
__________________
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

There's a fine line between love and hate; that line is called family!

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!
Sonja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #9
country flag Spunky83
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,867
Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy
lol, people are finding And more and more boring. If you get a #1 ranking because you have a big serve and monstrous big forehands. It will become boring sooner or later. Dont forget who won Wimbledon last year You need a brain to win on grass too
...that means that only stupid brainless players can win the US open...YOU NEVER GET A TOP RANKING JUST BECAUSE OF SERVE AND FOREHAND...
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #10
country flag CanadianGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 241
CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky83
...that means that only stupid brainless players can win the US open...YOU NEVER GET A TOP RANKING JUST BECAUSE OF SERVE AND FOREHAND...
No, you just need a "patriotic" organizer
Oh, that's right, rain too
CanadianGuy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #11
TeeRexx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenaeum
Maybe I just don't like brats very much.
__________________
Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:17 PM   #12
calabar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 956
calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of
I don't get either. If a player has the God-given ability to serve the ball very fast, should he or she NOT do so? And when exactly did either Venus or Roddick ever said that having a world-record breaking serve is EVERYTHING?
__________________
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent

- Eleanor Roosevelt


Until the philosophy which holds one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war...

- Bob Marley/Haile Selassie
calabar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #13
TeeRexx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky83
...that means that only stupid brainless players can win the US open...YOU NEVER GET A TOP RANKING JUST BECAUSE OF SERVE AND FOREHAND...
Uh oh, sounds like somebody's granddady had an "SS" on his lapels during the 40's.
__________________
Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #14
country flag CanadianGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 241
CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point CanadianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by calabar
I don't get either. If a player has the God-given ability to serve the ball very fast, should he or she NOT do so? And when exactly did either Venus or Roddick ever said that having a world-record breaking serve is EVERYTHING?
No need to compare these two, Venus is far more popular, and much more capable of all-court game. Venus can be injured and still beat players because she does not just rely on one thing. But if Andy gets injured, he is doomed
(p.s. faking does not count )
CanadianGuy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #15
GANGSTABACKHAND!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 334
GANGSTABACKHAND! has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy
lol, people are finding And more and more boring. If you get a #1 ranking because you have a big serve and monstrous big forehands. It will become boring sooner or later. Dont forget who won Wimbledon last year You need a brain to win on grass too
No you're wrong!! People just hate winners and are jealous because they know that Andy is the Second best player in the world, and that he is still a work in progress and that when he get's to be 10 percent better than he is now he will be unstopable. He's already accomplished more in his short career than a lot of the current player will accomplish in their entire career, and they can't stand it!! Don't forget who won the US Open last year, don't forget who he beat on the way to that title, don't forget the serve, don't forget the serve and volleying, don't forget the improving forehand that everyone tries to pick on yet it still beats them in the end!! It's ok to not like Andy, I just wish you people would come up with better reasons. Just say "I don't like Him". Your statements about Andy proves your igonrance, because anyone who's seen Andy play lately know that He's about a lot more than just a serve and forehand!! BORING!! The crowd at his matches are some of the liveliest in the game!! What the hell are you talking about!!?? It's ok to hate, just find valid reasons!
__________________
".. IF U WANT TO BE PROFOUND! IF U REALLY NEED TO JUSTIFY! TAKE A BREATH AND LOOK AROUND..A LOT OF FOLKS DESERVE TO DIE!!"-AUDREY II
GANGSTABACKHAND! is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios