Predict-the-SCORE: FED CUP EDITION - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 10:20 PM   #1
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Predict-the-SCORE: FED CUP EDITION

Alright....so Predict-the-SCORE is really fun and you all need to join becuase all the cool kids are doing it. (How I love peer pressure )

As you can probably assume by the name, this is a game in which you predict the score for matches. If I have a chance, I will post all the exact scoring rules in here, otherwise you can refer to the Predict-the-SCORE thread in the Charleston forum.

The way it should work in FED CUP is that for the 16 singles matched each day, you predict the score for 10 of them and will get points as to the accuracy of your prediction. To take a page out of PAW's book, on the second day things get a little screwy with changing matchups...SO, you should pick 3 supplements to your ten picks on Day 2, which can replace withdrawals. For some reason, if you get a withdrawal in one of your Day 1 picks, you can be given an extra pick on Day 2.

No Commitments are necessary to this tournament...you can just pick!

Unlike normal FED CUP, you will compete individually, not in teams, and this will not be a knockout system. I'll just compile everyone's points from all rounds of FED CUP to come up with a winner.

However, I think it would be fun if you all reserved a country to compete for, but only 1 person per country.

Have fun predicting!!

PS-If this post has been far too rambly and incomprehensible or I have left out some vital piece of info, don't hesistate to ask questions or berate my stupidity!
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #2

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
As promised...here are the scoring rules and examples courtesy of Spikey:

How the Scoring works:

Here is an example:

Several players decide to predict the Myskina vs Petrova Quarter-Final Match

ACTUAL MATCH RESULT: Myskina def Petrova 6-7, 6-1, 6-1

Let’s say the following are predictions from a range of players:

1. Myskina to beat Petrova 6-7, 6-1, 6-1

Dead accurate and correct score, 35 points.

2. Myskina to beat Petrova 6-1, 6-7, 6-1

You predicted the number of sets correctly and you got all three set scorelines correct, just in reverse the actual, this still gets you 25 points.

3. Myskina to beat Petrova 6-1, 3-6, 6-2

You predicted the number of sets correctly, and you predicted one of the set scorelines correct (6-1) and it was correct because Myskina won that set 6-1 like she actually did.
A prediction like this will reward you 20 points. (note if you predicted two of the sets correct but not the third on in a three match you will be given a bonus 3 points here)

4. Myskina to beat Petrova 7-6, 3-6, 6-4

You predicted the number of sets correctly, and although 7-6 was in the actual scoreline, in the real match Petrova won the set 7-6 not Myskina, as you have predicted.
So any situations like this when you have predicted the correct winner and correct number of sets but no correct actual scorelines, you still gain 15 points.

5. Myskina to beat Petrova 6-1, 6-2

You predicted the correct winner but not the correct number of sets but you did correctly predict at least one scoreline that was correct (6-1 in Myskina’s favour), so you get 12 points.
(note if you picked Myskina to beat Petrova 6-1, 6-1, you still got at least one set correct, so that’s worth 12 too).

6. Myskina to beat Petrova 6-3, 7-6

You predicted the correct winner, but neither of the scorelines were correct (note that 7-6 was in the real scoreline but in Petrova’s favour not Myskina’s as you have predicted). A prediction like this will reward you with 10 points.

7. Petrova to beat Myskina 7-5, 1-6, 7-6

0 points for any incorrect “match” winner prediction.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:00 AM   #3

I reserve Great Britain.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:05 AM   #4
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
i reserve australia
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyb
i reserve australia
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #6
country flag *Yoav*

*Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice *Yoav* is just really nice
Israel!

Last edited by yoyoyoyo : Apr 20th, 2004 at 09:20 AM.
*Yoav* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 09:13 AM   #7
country flag paellapan

paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light
Albania

SOPOT PAW-winner

Filderstadt PAW-winner

Budapest PAW-winner
paellapan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #8
country flag Cro-boy

Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice Cro-boy is just really nice
Croatia
Cro-boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:36 AM   #9

Players and reserved countries

alwayshingis - Great Britain
mattyb - Australia
yoyoyoyo - Israel
paellapan - Albania
Zdenek - Croatia
ghosts - Bulgaria
kerbear - USA

You do not have to commit and you may join the game at any time, even after the ties have begun (you just may not predict matches that have already started). But, if you want to get the country of your choice, you should reserve it now.

The matchups have been announced, and you may start predicting matches NOW. Have fun Get others to join

Last edited by alwayshingis : Apr 23rd, 2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:25 AM   #10
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
btw, i was known as maldoon_2001 last week in charleston alwayshingis
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyb
btw, i was known as maldoon_2001 last week in charleston alwayshingis
Yeah, i caught that and updated it on the final rankings
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:32 PM   #12

Day 1 Matchups

Tina Pisnik v. Lisa Raymond
Katarina Srebotnik v. Venus Williams
Barbara Schett v. Janette Husarova
Barbara Schwartz v. Ludmila Cervanova
Anastasia Myskina v. Samantha Stosur
Svetlana Kuznetsova v. Alicia Molik
Francesca Schiavone v. Barbora Strycova
Silvia Farina Elia v. Klara Koukalova
Nathalie Dechy v. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
Amelie Mauresmo v. Barbara Rittner
Marta Marrero v. Patty Schnyder
Conchita Martinez v. Emmanuelle Gagliardi
Kim Clijsters v. Jelena Kostanic
Kirsten Flipkens v. Karolina Sprem
Paola Suarez v. Akiko Morigami
Gisela Dulko v. Ai Sugiyama

You must predict the full score of 10 of these 16 matches on Day 1
You may start predicting NOW!

Last edited by alwayshingis : Apr 23rd, 2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:44 PM   #13
country flag paellapan

paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light paellapan is a glorious beacon of light
1. Venus over Srebotnik 6-3 6-1
2. Cervanova over Schwartz 4-6 6-3 7-5
3. Myskina over Stosur 6-2 6-3
4. Kuznetsova over Molik 7-5 7-6
5. Farina Elia over Koukalova 6-4 6-4
6. Dechy over Groenefeld 6-1 6-4
7. Mauresmo over Rittner 6-0 6-2
8. Martinez over Gagliardi 6-3 7-5
9. Clijsters over Kostanic 6-2 6-1
10. Suarez over Asagoe 6-4 6-3

Thx

SOPOT PAW-winner

Filderstadt PAW-winner

Budapest PAW-winner
paellapan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:50 PM   #14

1. Sugiyama d. Dulko 6-4 6-4
2. Sprem d. Flipkens 6-1 6-1
3. Clijsters d. Kostanic 6-4 6-3
4. Martinez d. Gagliardi 6-2 6-3
5. Mauresmo d. Rittner 6-1 6-0
6. Dechy d. Groenefeld 6-2 6-1
7. V. Williams d. Srebotnik 6-2 6-1
8. Myskina d. Stosur 7-5 6-2
9. Suarez d. Asagoe 6-3 6-2
10. Farina Elia d. Koukalova 6-4 6-2
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:59 PM   #15

You may also begin predicting for Day 2, but please label these picks as Day 2 picks, and don't forget to assign your 3 backup picks.

Day 2 Matchups
Tina Pisnik v. V. Williams
Katarina Srebotnik v. Lisa Raymond
Barbara Schett v. Ludmila Cervanova
Barbara Schwartz v. Janette Husarova
Anastasia Myskina v. Alicia Molik
Svetlana Kuznetsova v. Sam Stosur
Silvia Farina Elia v. Barbora Strycova
Francesca Schiavone v. Klara Koukalova
Amelie Mauresmo v. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
Nathalie Dechy v. Barbara Rittner
Conchita Martinez v. Patty Schnyder (I can't wait!)
Marta Marrero v. Emmanuelle Gagliardi
Kim Clijsters v. Karolina Sprem
Kirsten Flipkens v. Jelena Kostanic
Paola Suarez v. Ai Sugiyama
Gisela Dulko v. Akiko Morigami