West Oz Tennis News - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:48 AM   #1
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
West Oz Tennis News

Results from the Geraldton Easter Open

First Round
Siobhan Drake Brockman and Kelly Morgan both got byes straight through to the semi-finals as there were only 7 players in the event and Kelly's opponent withdrew due to injury. In a big upset Tarryn Ebden (who in the past has absolutely smashed Nicole Sewell) upset Number 2 seed Angela Green 26 63 64. In the other match 16 year old country week champion Astrid Kanther defeated Darelle Borthwick 46 31 ret.

Semi-Finals
Siobhan was in great form and absolutely blasted Morgan 60 60. Kelly played well but didnt have the power to match Siobhan from the baseline. Silly mistakes cost Kelly at least 3 games in the second set. Tarryn continued her good form and defeated Kanther 61 63 who also found the groundstrokes of Ebden just that bit to hard and fast.

Final
A crowd of around 150 people saw the Siobhan of old as she absoluetly demolished Ebden 62 60. I thought it was gong to be an ok match after Ebden broke in the opening game, however Siobhan broke straight back before both held their next serve. unfortunately for Tarryn that was the last game she would win for the match as she committed to many unforced errors and failed to punish short balls siobhan gave her. It was so funny at 62 50 40/0 siobhan was serving and she tried a drop shot and it het the net half way up, she screamed at herself like it was 9 all in the third set, but then again concentration and her high standards are why she won the event.

Didnt realise Tarryn has only been in oz 3-4 years since she moved from Sth Africa. Her 16yo brother is also a really good player nearly knocked out 1-Troy Hargreaves in Quater Finals.

Also Darren Patten defeated Mark Sewell 64 76(5) in the mens final. It was Darren's last tournament and his 10th win at Easter.
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:49 AM   #2
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know how Bojana went at Bridgetown??
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 10:18 AM   #3
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Good to here that about Siohban

how old is she by the way and has she ever played on wta cause i think i have heard of her . . . (sorry im a young en)

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #4
country flag ozfan44

Yer She Used To Play Wta Was World No 2 Junior And Was Nearly Top 100 I Think Around 115 Before Retiring After She Burnt Herself Out
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #5
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Ok wow wish she had went on with herslef

still cool to hear she is playing events/exhibitions

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #6
country flag ozfan44

She is currently at Uni obtaining her law degree so she plays tournaments and flogs everyone to get the prizemoney to pay her fees
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #7
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
She was ranked as high as 106. The following year her rank slipped back to around 250. She was getting disheartened with the tour as the game was becoming more and more about power and less about finesse. So she retired at age 21 as she didnt think she could compete with the power players.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #8
country flag ozfan44

and she was burnt out she told me herself
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #9
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44
She is currently at Uni obtaining her law degree so she plays tournaments and flogs everyone to get the prizemoney to pay her fees
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM   #10
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Ozfan, do you think Siobhan will ever return to play pro tennis? I know she's no longer a spring chicken, but it'd definitely be great to see her play again.

BTW, Bojana Bobusic has gone to College! Good decision IMO.

http://calbears.collegesports.com/sp...ennis-mtt.html
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 03:04 AM   #11
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by danker
Ozfan, do you think Siobhan will ever return to play pro tennis? I know she's no longer a spring chicken, but it'd definitely be great to see her play again.

BTW, Bojana Bobusic has gone to College! Good decision IMO.

http://calbears.collegesports.com/sp...ennis-mtt.html
Hhmmm! the team's assistant coach is Amy Jensen!!
Yeah it would be great to see Siobhan give the tour another try.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 04:38 AM   #12
country flag ozfan44

Siobhan bacvk on tour .... No Way Sorry! Is moving on with her life has completed her law degree earlier this year and now has a full time job! she only plays 1-2 times per week if that! She plays pennants still in Perth but only every 2nd week or when they have a hard match!

Yep heard that Bojana is going to Berkley im so excited for her that she got in there! thats a great achievement hopefully she will get to play some good players and develop her game and hopefully play some itf's as well!
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #13
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Too bad.

What is her job anyway?
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:46 AM   #14
country flag ozfan44

shes a lawyer!
|
And all the other aussie girls
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #15
country flag Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44
shes a lawyer!
Sorry, I had read your last post wrongly. I thought it said she was completing her law degree, so I assumed in the meantime she was working elsewhere.

Well good on her for doing well!