The Tzipora Obziler Thread - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:57 AM   #406
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Tzipora Obziler Thread

Lost to the coming back Shenay Perry in Q2, and hasn't played since.
With the points from Guangzhou final last year coming off in a week or two, I'm afraid this is the last time she will ever be near the top 100, and in a sense is a final curtain to her unique career.
Combined with her running for a place in Givatayim city hall, I don't think tennis is any longer her top priority.
I can just hope she'll be able to squeeze from herself one more year of great Fed Cup performances, and end on a high note, unlike Anna whose her half-hearted 2007 campaign was quite sad to watch really.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #407
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
Lost to the coming back Shenay Perry in Q2, and hasn't played since.
With the points from Guangzhou final last year coming off in a week or two, I'm afraid this is the last time she will ever be near the top 100, and in a sense is a final curtain to her unique career.
Combined with her running for a place in Givatayim city hall, I don't think tennis is any longer her top priority.
I can just hope she'll be able to squeeze from herself one more year of great Fed Cup performances, and end on a high note, unlike Anna whose her half-hearted 2007 campaign was quite sad to watch really.
I agree, except the last paragraph.
She would do herself a big favour discontinuing playing tennis, also from Fed Cup. She will not be in a good shape coming to the tie, so better for her to skip it at all.
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #408
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

I see your point, but the difference is Anna played only majors, and it remains to be seen whether a motivated (hopefully), half-active Tzipi will be better by then than Glushko (currently there is no other option).
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #409
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
I see your point, but the difference is Anna played only majors, and it remains to be seen whether a motivated (hopefully), half-active Tzipi will be better by then than Glushko (currently there is no other option).
I wasn't talking about the benefit of Israeli Tennis, but only from Tzipi's perspective.

Sadly Glushko will never become what Tzipi can produce, even today.
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 02:02 AM   #410
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Copa Colsanitas (Bogota, Colombia) Qualifying Draw:
(1)Arantxa Rus (NED) v Paula Zabala (COL)
Agnes Szatmari (ROU) v (wc)Paula Catalina Robles-Garcia (COL)
(wc)Yuliana Lizarazo (COL) v Carla Beltrami (ARG)
Ingrid Vargas Calvo (PER) v (6)Johanna Larsson (SWE)

(2)Martina Müller (GER) v Eva Fernandez-Brugues (ESP)
Chayenne Ewijk (NED) v Sophie Ferguson (AUS)
Vanesa Furlanetto (ARG) v Eloisa-Maria Compostizio de Andres (ESP)
Tatiana Bua (ARG) v (7)Tzipora Obziler (ISR)

(3)Soledad Esperon (ARG) v Nathalie Vierin (ITA)
Anna Smith (GBR) v Karen Emilia Castiblanco-Duarte (COL)
Silvia Soler-Espinosa (ESP) v Sara Del Barrio-Aragon (ESP)
(wc)Karen Ramirez-Rivera (COL) v (8)Katalin Marosi (HUN)

(4)Lenka Wienerova (SVK) v Tamaryn Hendler (BEL)
Angelika Roesch (GER) v Frederica Piedade (POR)
(wc)Alexandra Moreno-Kaste (COL) v Danielle Mills (USA)
Maria Fernanda Alvarez-Teran (BOL) v (5/wc)Estrella Cabeza-Candela (ESP)

Go Tzipi

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #411
country flag Archer16

Getting through these qualies was nice; getting a pretty good MD pairing in Mayr and not getting even remotely close to taking advantage of it was not.
As said, she will never get back near the top 100.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #412
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute

Well Mayr beat Lagostra Vives on clay so she must be very good
getting through Vives on clay is tough.. she won last year turnament..

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 06:43 AM   #413
country flag ronim1

For me the fact that she's still playing and even winning is a big surprise, and a big cheer to her.
2009 Winner Tipping:
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM   #414
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Is she retired now?
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:45 PM   #415
country flag Archer16

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=47
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #416
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Thnx
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #417
country flag Archer16

Now it's official
She said she may play Fed Cup next year if needed.

(Edit: interview about the retirement)

Last edited by Archer16 : Aug 31st, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 06:48 AM   #418
country flag ronim1

I'm happy for her, it’s always better to choose to end a career out of age, rather ending it because on injury, or loosing the joy of play.

Of course Israel is loosing an Icon.
2009 Winner Tipping:
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #419
country flag Sectumsempra

Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold

but for a great career
Sectumsempra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote