Nadia scores the win of her life! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #1
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
Nadia scores the win of her life!

As I'm typing this the score line is 6-2, 4-1 and things aren't looking good for Serena, but she's a fighter so while I'm a little distraught, I'm hopeful that Serena can pull it out......gotta keep hope a life as long as the match is still in progress.
Admiral: Kim Clijsters
Lieutenant General: Elena Dementieva
Major General: Myskina

nominees for Brigadier General:
Venus, Golovin, Lindsay, Petrova, and Pierce

Last edited by Stefwhit : Apr 10th, 2004 at 02:08 AM.
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 10th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #2
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
Things have gone from bad to worse..6-2, 5-2...double match point....

Old Apr 10th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #3
country flag Stefwhit

Congrats to Nadia....
Congrats to Serena.... not to worry fellow fans Serena' back and has made a hell of a smash in her comeback this season. No matter how good you are, you can't win em' all...let's go SERENA...

What's our next stop??

Old Apr 10th, 2004, 02:07 AM   #4
country flag Kabezya

Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future
Congrats to Nadia.

I seriously cannot be upset with this loss. I do wish it had turned out in Serena's favor and that she had a better match, but this is a woman who has come back from an eight month layoff to win one tournament and come close in winning another. A loss was bound to happen. I would rather it be sooner then later. Sooner, because although we all know Serena is a competitive player, any loss makes her that much more determined and dangerous the next time around. Serena is also a very smart player. She'll take this loss, look at it, and make it work into a win in Charleston.
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 02:13 AM   #5
country flag Stefwhit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu Picchu
Congrats to Nadia.

I seriously cannot be upset with this loss. I do wish it had turned out in Serena's favor and that she had a better match, but this is a woman who has come back from an eight month layoff to win one tournament and come close in winning another. A loss was bound to happen. I would rather it be sooner then later. Sooner, because although we all know Serena is a competitive player, any loss makes her that much more determined and dangerous the next time around. Serena is also a very smart player. She'll take this loss, look at it, and make it work into a win in Charleston.
Machu Picchu for PRESIDENT!!!

Fellow Serena fans keep in mind we have loads and loads of things to really be excited about right now. Serena is BACK, make no mistakes about it and she'll definitely be holding her fair share of trophies this season (a Slam or two...).

Now get your popcorn out and head to the 'GM' boards and watch the simpletons and haters celebrate the demise of Serena and remeber...."He who laughs last, laughs best"....

Let's go SERENA!!!

Old Apr 10th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #6
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit
Machu Picchu for PRESIDENT!!!

Fellow Serena fans keep in mind we have loads and loads of things to really be excited about right now. Serena is BACK, make no mistakes about it and she'll definitely be holding her fair share of trophies this season (a Slam or two...).

Now get your popcorn out and head to the 'GM' boards and watch the simpletons and haters celebrate the demise of Serena and remeber...."He who laughs last, laughs best"....

Let's go SERENA!!!
Well said. That will teach them!

Anyway, well done Petrova! And go Serena! Defend your Charleston, Rome and RG points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I don't like Venus or Urszula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
If Ula can beat you 6-1, 6-3 then you know you're a mug
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #7
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
rite on nadia!!! great win woo hoo

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #8
country flag Stefwhit

All the players who are always considered dangerous and a real threat, like Nadia, have to be extremely opportunistic when they finally score the "BIG WIN". Too many times these kinds of players feel by beating someone of Serena's caliber that it's enough, but you can't be satisfied with that one win you have to build on that momentum and really follow it up with some consistently good results. I think that's what seperates the good players from the great players. You have to be a little greedy and want more than just the one big win. If Nadia were able to follow up her win over Serena and take the title, she will then be sending a message to the rest of the tour that she's ready to be taken seriously...best of luck to her!

Sore knee results in sour loss for Williams at Amelia Island
April 9, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports:

AMELIA ISLAND, Florida -- Bothered by a sore knee, Serena Williams made 42 unforced errors Friday and lost for the first time since June.

She dropped a quarterfinals match in the Bausch & Lomb Championships to Russian Nadia Petrova. After the first game of the second set, Williams called for a trainer, who put a bandage on her left knee.

"I blew out one of my wheels today," Williams said. "I was only working with three out of four, so to speak."

Seventh-seeded Petrova beat No. 2 Williams 6-2, 6-3 in 77 minutes, ending the American's eight-match winning streak to begin her comeback from an eight-month injury layoff.

Williams underwent surgery on her left knee last season, and was out of tennis for eight months. She made a triumphant return to the WTA circuit at the NASDAQ-100 Open in Miami last month, winning the event.

Coming into the match, Williams was 8-0 in 2004 and had lost only one set all season. She also was 3-0 lifetime against Petrova, but the Russian recorded four aces in the first two games she served while Williams was having trouble getting her first serves in.

Williams said she left some pain which warming up, but tried to ignore it.

"When I was down 3-1 (in the first set), I knew, " she said.

Play continued after Williams was treated, but she slipped and fell after losing the first two points of the next game. From that point, Williams essentially played with one leg and grit.

She could not get to several of Petrova's shots, and by the end of the match her serves dipped into the 70-mph range. But she did not retire, fighting through double match point to send the match to 5-3, before falling in the next game.

"I'm not a quitter," Williams said. "I'm a fighter. I never like to give up."

Williams did not have doctors look at the knee after the match, but will have it examined Saturday. She still plans next week in Charleston, S.C.

Last edited by Stefwhit : Apr 10th, 2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #9
country flag Kabezya

Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future
I really gain more and more respect for Serena. "I'm not a quitter" - Serena will probably forever have my heart and loyalty just for that statement and her attitude. It's admirable and yet it's sad at the same time. For Serena she can never truly win. If she pulled out and didn't play, she would have been hounded, so just like Venus at Wimbledon, Serena in a way had to play for the fans, the audience and the game period. She's just awesome and I hope she gets better real soon.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 04:48 AM   #10
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Nadia

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 05:27 AM   #11
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay stops Nadia in her tracks!
Too bad Nadia could NOT follow up with another win today, I guess her win over Serena was just a fluke.
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #12
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
I saw the match, and Serena was dead injured. I dont give a shit what anyone else says, Serena was very much injured. Her movement was very hampered. Serena will crush Petrova the next time they meet. BTW, why in the hell is it that players like the Cheater can come up this this Hypoglycemic excuse and everyone falls for it? But to imply that Serena was injured is "Serena not giving credit"
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #13
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope Petrova makes it to the QF, one word REVENGE...lol

SHARAPOVA- who's up next for a beatdown? SERENA- underestimate her if you want, it's your funeral! SHAHAR-
official 'good fella' of the maria mafia
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote