Could We Stop Pissing On Each Other, Already? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:11 PM   #1
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Could We Stop Pissing On Each Other, Already?

I am soooo tired of hearing that I am this or i am that, cause I am from North America.

Its not just one poster who has said things - I've read it from many.

And it goes both ways - some people have said not so spectacular things about Russia or Korea, or other countries involved in the Olympic pissing war.

But would it kill us not to generalize?

Just cause one person from your country is a cheating bastard, does that mean everyone is?

And I'd like to kill a major misconception here - Canada and the USA ARE NOT THE SAME COUNTRY. Beleive it or not, no, we do not just choose to wear separate team jersey's so that we can have as high a medal tally as posssible - we really are separate countries!

Anyone who had been to both, should certaintly know that.

Now if we have a beef with a certaint sport or a judge - could we keep our insults o that pesona, a not the nation?

I'm not going to tell people what they can or can not do - but I will say that not insulting the source of the problem, but the causes of it - doesn't help anything.
that, and frankly, I'm offended.

Thanks - I'm done ranting
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:15 PM   #2
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
To quote South Park "blame Canada"

Just kidding...

& hugs for Becca
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:19 PM   #3
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Becca, I didn`t mean to insult anybody personally. If you did take my words too close, I`m sorry, I did it unintentionally. I just expressed my concern about the wrong direction, in which I think the modern sport is going.
fresh2flash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:20 PM   #4

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
"And the Quebecois have said the same thing about the rest of the provinces. "

Know you were kidding - but just htought I should add that last time I checked no one was pissing on Quebec. Though the separatists take joy on pissing at the rest of Canada. SIGH.

Anyhow - yes I'm irritated cause these arguements are getting a tad stupid.

I just found out I hate Russia. Do I hate anyone else I don't know about?
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:21 PM   #5
gmt

gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light
I agree. Totally.
But it cannot be helped, Becca (even though you are right to protest). What you get about Canada, we get at the n-th power about France whenever Roland Garros returns (and even a bonus during Coubertin). And I am only talking about tennis here
Bashing and insulting a whole country, nation or people because one has a problem with a group of individuals is not far from racism. And hardly more tolerable.
My 2 Canadian cents' rant

Nathalie Dechy
Gold Coast Champion 2003

Australian Open SF 2005
Australian Open Doubles Champion with Vera Zvonareva 2006

Rien ne me parlait plus que ton silence
Rien ne me parle plus que ton silence
gmt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:22 PM   #6

fresh2flash - it goes both ways.

I've heard people insult yours and other opinions, cause your Russian - saying its biased. Which isn't fair.

I dont' mind hearing that the games have been fishy in some areas, and are biased.

But we should keep the insults at the big guns who are in charge of these things - not the people in the crowd, and certaintly not each other.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:23 PM   #7

Thanks gmt - you guys really do get the short end of the stick during Roland Garros

sigh
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:28 PM   #8

vivalaseles - are you talking about my avatar? If you are, yup, its who you think it is
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:31 PM   #9
gmt

gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light gmt is a glorious beacon of light
:sigh: indeed Becca...
:mutual hug:

Québécois use some French words which we in France have given up for ages. On the other hand, "we" here feel that Québécois can be very "archetypical North American" at times. I was somewhat amused to meet (in France) a Québec 15-year-old who was strongly secessionist (and had, I must admit, a fairly deep and comprehensive knowledge of history), but nevertheless could not consider eating in any restaurant other than McDonald's. I mean, French teenagers also eat too much BigMac for their own good, but not to that extent of exclusivity Actually some Québec independentists find that Canada is too isolated and wouldn't mind to see their province move closer to the USA

Nathalie Dechy
Gold Coast Champion 2003

Australian Open SF 2005
Australian Open Doubles Champion with Vera Zvonareva 2006

Rien ne me parlait plus que ton silence
Rien ne me parle plus que ton silence
gmt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:08 PM   #10

Beige- there are places in Quebec that are less "american" or "commercial". But most big cities are the same I find.

Personally I find Montreal a little more cultured than Toronto, which has had all the culture sucked out of it, then put back in designated areas.
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:24 PM   #11
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Could We Stop Pissing On Each Other, Already?

Quote:
Originally posted by Becca
I am soooo tired of hearing that I am this or i am that, cause I am from North America.

Its not just one poster who has said things - I've read it from many.

And it goes both ways - some people have said not so spectacular things about Russia or Korea, or other countries involved in the Olympic pissing war.

But would it kill us not to generalize?

Just cause one person from your country is a cheating bastard, does that mean everyone is?

And I'd like to kill a major misconception here - Canada and the USA ARE NOT THE SAME COUNTRY. Beleive it or not, no, we do not just choose to wear separate team jersey's so that we can have as high a medal tally as posssible - we really are separate countries!

Anyone who had been to both, should certaintly know that.

Now if we have a beef with a certaint sport or a judge - could we keep our insults o that pesona, a not the nation?

I'm not going to tell people what they can or can not do - but I will say that not insulting the source of the problem, but the causes of it - doesn't help anything.
that, and frankly, I'm offended.

Thanks - I'm done ranting

Well Said, Miss Becca!
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:29 PM   #12
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
No, we can't. We have to fight for three more days, and then we will start a reconciliation and healing thread. And now - bell sounds, and we proceed..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:33 PM   #13

The point of the Olympics is to bring people together, not to spread us apart.

ys - I know you were only kidding - but I was being serious with my complaints.

Its frusterating to read about which country I hate now, when I wasn't aware that I hated them before.

It makes me think of that article I read written by an American in response to Gretsy's comments - basically he said he was interested to hear that not only did he hate Russia, and Korea, and a number of other countries, but now he hated Canada too, who just yesterday he had liked.

Its all a little silly