Serena fans: Thoughts on Justine. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #1
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute
Serena fans: Thoughts on Justine.

I think the best case scenario happened when Serena announced her return back to tennis, which just so happened to coincide with Miami, the fact that Justine wasn't there actually helps build the drama for when they do finally meet. You have Serena who seems to have picked up where she left off and you have Justine who has dominated the field in the absence of the former number ones. Everyone knows Justine and her coach were paying full attention to what was going on in Florida the last two weeks. I'm not saying Justine is too worried because I don't think she fears Serena, but she is watching and very intested in how Serena's game looks. On some level, Serena winning her first tournament back and so easily, really puts some pressure on Justine to clearly show she's worthy of the #1 status and today's "best" player. When Serena and Justine do finally meet I hope both players are playing good going into the showdown, and I have to imagine all the pressure is on Justine to prove she's really elevated her game. So, like so many people this is one match I'm really looking forward to.
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #2
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
You're right. Justine was sitting back the last two weeks just taking things in. Serena stepped up and seemingly pick up where she's left off at. Serena winning the title and Justine not being there has actually helped in making their future matches that much more special. It would have been fun if only one played this next tournament and won it, then the other one played the next big tournament and won that one, and then have them meet up in the final of the French Open to settle it!!!
Admiral: Kim Clijsters
Lieutenant General: Elena Dementieva
Major General: Myskina

nominees for Brigadier General:
Venus, Golovin, Lindsay, Petrova, and Pierce
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #3
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute
I hope when the two meet that both are physically and mentally at the top of their game.

I do think and believe that with Serena coming back the way she has, more pressure is on Justine. After all, when Serena left, she undeniablly was the #1 player in rank and in all areas that mattered. Justine was able to be #1 and win the tournaments she won much easier with Serena being injured. Justine is the one who has to prove her #1 status and not Serena. Serena proved that all last year and just recently in Miami.

I will enjoy their first meeting.

Nabalonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
I dont think that the fans nor Serena need to fear the cheater. I have no doubt (and I dont care if cheater fans see this ) that had Serena been at that US Open and playing well, that the cheater would not have won. I am also getting sick and tired of the cheater fans talking smack during the clay court season because the cheater has a whooptie slim 3-1 edge over Serena on the dirt. They dont tell you that 2 of those three meetings went down to the wire. Serena will take great confidence from winning her first tourney in eight months and will continue. I think that she still has to work on her fitness (even though its nice) and get her energy up, but she needs the serve to work and the patience and she will be in the hunt for sure. I truly hope that she will get a couple of nice wins over the cheater on the dirt just to piss off the establishment and her fans.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #5
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
Could you imagine if Serena played Justine and blew her away! That would totally put some things really into perspective. I honestly think it's more likely that Serena loses to a lower ranked player than to Jusine. I really think her motivation and fighting spirit would really help to swing the favor of match to Serena's advantage.

Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #6
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit
Could you imagine if Serena played Justine and blew her away! That would totally put some things really into perspective. I honestly think it's more likely that Serena loses to a lower ranked player than to Jusine. I really think her motivation and fighting spirit would really help to swing the favor of match to Serena's advantage.

...........CAN YOU IMAGINE!?!?!?!? That's what it's GOING TO BE LIKE! Serena is WAYYYYY TO MOTIVATED to let THE HAND do anything to ruin her chances of a great year. I wouldn't be surprised if Serena repeated, and possibly beat her '02 results! GO REE! THE QUEEN HAS RETURNED!

LA RIENE EST RENTREE! VIVE LA RIENE! SERENA EST LA RIENE PREMIERE ET SUPREMME!
MrSerenaWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #7
country flag Stefwhit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrserenawilliams
...........CAN YOU IMAGINE!?!?!?!? That's what it's GOING TO BE LIKE! Serena is WAYYYYY TO MOTIVATED to let THE HAND do anything to ruin her chances of a great year. I wouldn't be surprised if Serena repeated, and possibly beat her '02 results! GO REE! THE QUEEN HAS RETURNED!

LA RIENE EST RENTREE! VIVE LA RIENE! SERENA EST LA RIENE PREMIERE ET SUPREMME!
damn! You got me all excited...
Come on Serena, let's get crunked and do the DAMN thing!

Old Apr 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #8
country flag Kabezya

Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future
Honestly, I don't much think of Justine. I know she's the number one player and all but I've never feared her as a Serena fan and I've never really put her up there as someone to worry about. I'm so into Serena and what she's doing and what she can do that Justine is just seen as another opponet.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 01:24 AM   #9
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu Picchu
Honestly, I don't much think of Justine. I know she's the number one player and all but I've never feared her as a Serena fan and I've never really put her up there as someone to worry about. I'm so into Serena and what she's doing and what she can do that Justine is just seen as another opponet.

and another
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote