BabelFish translation of Elena's chat at Gaz De France Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #1
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
BabelFish translation of Elena's chat at Gaz De France Open

Quote:

Elena Dementieva: "There is nothing impossible for me"
February 13, 2004 - Damien DUBRAS
Of passage for a cat with its fans of the whole world, Elena Dementieva conquered all the team and the Net surfers. Nice, funny, pretty and available, the Russian answered in English and French all your questions. Selected pieces of these thirty minutes of dream with the head of N°2 series of Open Gas of France.

Elena Dementieva, which did you think of your first match vis-a-vis of Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro?
It was a good match for a first turn and my adversary played well. It is for that that I tested so many difficulties. (note: It was essential in three sets, 7-5, 1-6, 6-4). Ca was a match difficult to play.

How did you begin tennis?
My mother played tennis and she wanted that I practise this sport. I thus started at the seven years age.

What is hardest to support on the circuit?
Incontestably, it is very hard to travel all the time and to leave its family and her friends. But, that formed part of my work and I must accept it.

Do you like the classical music?
It sometimes happens to me to listen some but that deadens me a little!

Which type of music do you listen then?
In French song, I like Patrick Bruel and Patricia Kaas.

Which are your best friends on the circuit?
It is hard to have true friends among the players because one fights all the time. The competition makes the friendship difficult. My best friend is my mother and of people with whom I went to the school and that I have known for ten years.

Why so much of Russian players they take to them mother for coach at the beginning?
I believe that when you start young person, you do not know yet if you want to become pro or not and at this time, your parents can help you to make this choice. They provide a great support.

What do you think of Tatiana Golovin?
I never yet played against it. But, I saw it a little in Australia. It is a very good player and my next match will be difficult to play. (note: they will clash today, Friday, in quarterfinals)

To which age you did arrive on the circuit?
I started at 18 years. Ca makes five years now.

Where did you learn the French?
I learned how to speak your language when I was in Spartak. It is there that I made my beginnings. At the time, it was the only foreign language which one proposed to us.

Which player impresses you more?
I like to see Williams because they are spectacular. If not, Martina Hingis which my is preferred. It is a pity which it took its retirement also early.

Which is your opinion on the current domination of the Belgian players?
There is nothing impossible for me and I know that I can beat them. There are other players who are able to beat them.

A word on Amélie Mauresmo?
It is a large player and one already played of great matches one against the other, in particular with the EDF Cup.

Which is, according to you, the Large Slam in which you have the most chance to impose to you?
I think that I am likely more to gain Roland-Garros. I already gained in Amelia Island, this is why I think of being able to gain it more easily.

With which Russian do get along you best?
I get along well with Myskina because one started together but in general, I get along well with all the Russians.

Did Yevgueni Kafelnikov form part of your idols?
It is a great example for us all, even not just for the results but thanks to its personality and what it is.

Do you have a black animal on the circuit?
Not, I do not have any. It is interesting for me to play against somebody against who I already lost. Ca gives me more motivation.

Which are your passions apart from tennis?
The ski, the snowboard, being with my friends and my family.

Do you particularly work the service, which is one of your large weak points?
It is not my favorite blow to be completely sincere. Since the beginning of the year, I changed it and it is hard to be solid on this point. I hope to have a good service one day.

Do You Like Paris?
I like much this city. I like the Sacred Heart, the Eiffel Tower and the Triumphal arch. Especially the place of Star. I do not include/understand too much how the motorists can leave themselves there alive to each

Do you have a message to make pass to your fans?
I would like to thank you all, especially when I play in France. Appreciate the life, will see matches and play tennis.

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

Last edited by bubble : Feb 16th, 2004 at 12:21 AM.
bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #2
country flag moo_ont

moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks bubble.

Anyway, I wonder why the tournament doesn't give us the translation. They did so after Dechy's chat.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

moo_ont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #3
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Bubble. But what did the cat mention mean in the first paragraph? I got excited for a second there becuse I thought Elena was talking about me! But then I realized she wasn't talking about me.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #4
country flag moo_ont

moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light moo_ont is a glorious beacon of light
LOL @ the cat. She might talk about you unless "cat" means "chat".

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 07:22 PM   #5
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
That's so true, moo.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #6
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
I do not know why Gaz de France did not put up the translated version. But luckily the babel fish translated version is clear enough to understand even with the cat part.

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 02:01 AM   #7
country flag moo_ont

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble
But luckily the babel fish translated version is clear enough to understand even with the cat part.
You are right that the translation is clear enough. BTW, I am a bit surprised to know that Elena gets along best with Myskina instead of Lina K. I thought Lina K. was her best Russian friend. Perhaps, Lina K. is more like a younger sister to her than a friend. And, she seems to like snowboarding a lot .

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #8
country flag bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo_ont
You are right that the translation is clear enough. BTW, I am a bit surprised to know that Elena gets along best with Myskina instead of Lina K. I thought Lina K. was her best Russian friend. Perhaps, Lina K. is more like a younger sister to her than a friend. And, she seems to like snowboarding a lot .
I'm not surprised by this. I read about her friendship with Myskina sometime back years ago when they were playing each other at Kremlin Cup. She and Myskina started on the tour around the same time as they are of the same age, and had the same coach (Marat's mother) at the same club whereas Lina only came on the tour a few years later as she is much younger.

Now, she may be hanging out with Lina more as they are committed to playing doubles together in the Olympics. They had success playing doubles together so far.

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #9
country flag moo_ont

Yeah, that's what Elena said on her chat as well. They started on the tour at the same time, and they both are of the same age. I'm pleased to know they have such a great relationship despite the competition between them. I thought Myskina get long best with Vera Z. cuz I usually see their off court pictures together. Plus, they play doubles with each other.

Yeah, Elena and Lina K. have been successful on their doubles so far although they lost the early rounds in the last 2-3 tournaments. I hope they do well in the Olympics.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

Last edited by moo_ont : Feb 16th, 2004 at 03:35 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 12:02 AM   #10
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
Quote:
Do you have a black animal on the circuit?

'Black animal'?
I assume they meant 'dark horse'?
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #11
country flag bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius
'Black animal'?
I assume they meant 'dark horse'?
I think they meant nemesis....

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa