Why won't Dementieva work on her serve? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:04 PM   #1
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
Why won't Dementieva work on her serve?

She jokes about how bad it is, and her coach wants her to work on it, yet Elena doesn't devote time to it. Why not? Is she happy with her current ranking and doesn't care to work harder?
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:04 PM   #2
WtaTour4Ever
Team WTAworld

WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light
I believe she is working on it.
WtaTour4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:06 PM   #3
country flag Happy Guy

Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of Happy Guy has much to be proud of
She is working on it, it takes time, particularly if she has been using that serve since she has turned pro. Remember Justine? She serves brilliantly now, but she also took some time to work out this serve in 2002 and did suffer some bad loss.

Effects can't be seen immediately in two or three months.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA MARTINA HINGIS JENNIFER CAPRIATI LI NA PENG SHUAI ZHENG JIE MARIA KIRILENKO ALIZE CORNET
Happy Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:06 PM   #4
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
WTATour4Ever - Mary Carillo said today that she talked to Dementieva's coach, and the coach said she wants Elena to work on her serve but that Elena doesn't give her the time to focus on it.
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:07 PM   #5
WtaTour4Ever
Team WTAworld

WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light
Jen, oh ok I must have missed that. I was going by her interview where she stated she knew it was a problem and I knew she hired some one, guess she isn't giving it 100% right now. But in her defense she is still a really good player w/o a big serve, sort of a catch 20 20 or whatever the phrase is.
WtaTour4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:11 PM   #6
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Well I hope Elena will give time to focus on it. Congrats to Elena on a great tournament and No. 6 in the world.

She has opportunities to go higher, but needs to work hard. And not play scared!
DEETHELICK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote