Will Venus ever win a title this year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM   #1
country flag K-Dog

K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Will Venus ever win a title this year?

Me thinks that that is going to be a tall task for her. She should've beaten Dementieva 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 in the quaterfinals, and by the way Nadia played Elena, Venus would most likely be in the final. I think I'm see some of the old Venus again, but she needs to put everything together to win tournaments. Dicuss.
K-Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:41 AM   #2
country flag LindsayRocks89

LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold
plan and simple, yes she will win a title, will she win a slam? if she keeps playing like she has been then no, but i expect her play to improve and her being a factor for the last two slams of the year, french i'm not so sure?
LindsayRocks89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM   #3
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
I think Venus will DEFINITELY win a title this year
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:43 AM   #4
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Who knows. She could play some Tier III and win it. I saw some of the Venus of old come out. But I saw that in Australia too. It doesn't last long. In the case of her last match, it lasted from about a third of the third set. I don't see her winning anything Tier II or above with how she is playing.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:44 AM   #5
country flag Justinefan

Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think Venus will win a title this year. She has too many people in her way, Justine will be a factor, Elena (whether anyone wants to admit it or not) and of course lil sis will always be there to keep Venus from winning. Serena has adjusted much quicker than Venus. So I think any chance venus has will be eliminated by jhh or serena

Elena Dementieva
Justine Henin
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Daniela Hantuchova
Kim Clijsters
Chanda Rubin
Justinefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:45 AM   #6
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinefan
I don't think Venus will win a title this year. She has too many people in her way, Justine will be a factor, Elena (whether anyone wants to admit it or not) and of course lil sis will always be there to keep Venus from winning. Serena has adjusted much quicker than Venus. So I think any chance venus has will be eliminated by jhh or serena
Most top 10 players and most Russians will be a threat to Venus.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM   #7
country flag Justinefan

Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point Justinefan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveulindsay
Most top 10 players and most Russians will be a threat to Venus.
Agreed

Elena Dementieva
Justine Henin
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Daniela Hantuchova
Kim Clijsters
Chanda Rubin
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:48 AM   #8
country flag K-Dog

K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute
What do you think Venus' biggest problem? I think that she can't seem to put all facites of her game together at once. She should be in the finals, you know. Venus showed me that she could step it up when it counted the most at 6-5 and was at 30-15 before the serve went off. She dealt with her unforced errors well at the end of the second and the beginning of the third and even when sdhe broke for 5-3 in the third. Venus knows that she should've that match, having 5-3, 30-15, and match point at 6-5 in the third. Maybe she just tell herself, "I can do it again, I almost did." I think Venus will remember this and be more focused at the end of matches now. Venus seemed not to be focused on her chances.
K-Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:48 AM   #9
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
Hmmm will Jen win a title this year? Wil Elena win a title this year? she is defending soon...
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:49 AM   #10
country flag Justinefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
Hmmm will Jen win a title this year? Wil Elena win a title this year? she is defending soon...
next week, I think she will have to do some serious work to defend that title! I hope Jen can win a title this year, but it's not looking good, she only had one last year

Elena Dementieva
Justine Henin
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Daniela Hantuchova
Kim Clijsters
Chanda Rubin
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:49 AM   #11
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
Jen - No.

Elena - Probably. Depends who and where she plays.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:51 AM   #12
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinefan
LMAO Well Elena beat a healthy Justine last year on Clay so I guess if they meet up Justine will go down to her.

Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:53 AM   #13
country flag Justinefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_moonstone
LMAO Well Elena beat a healthy Justine last year on Clay so I guess if they meet up Justine will go down to her.
The question wasn't whether Justine would lose, it was will Venus win a title, my opinion is no, so accept it and make your own

Elena Dementieva
Justine Henin
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Daniela Hantuchova
Kim Clijsters
Chanda Rubin
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:54 AM   #14
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
It's too early to tell.

I don't see why not, it's not like she's not slowly getting better.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:54 AM   #15
country flag for-sure

for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point
Question: Will Venus ever win a title this year?
Answer:I sure hope so.
for-sure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote