The Klara Koukalova Cheering Thread - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #211
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfnpump
seems like Klara really won you over, SloKid
Is it that obvious? Yes she did, I mentioned that a couple of times on this forum already. It is one thing to see someone play on TV, but to be so close and to get to say something to her afterwards is something completely different.
I even wanted her to win more than Kata yesterday.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 05:22 PM   #212
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid
Is it that obvious? Yes she did, I mentioned that a couple of times on this forum already. It is one thing to see someone play on TV, but to be so close and to get to say something to her afterwards is something completely different.
I even wanted her to win more than Kata yesterday.
nice to have a new Kookie fan here

now we have northernlight, SloKid and rrfnpump

but Klara deserves more
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #213
country flag SloKid

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute
If you want I can translate that interview from that website.

Yeah she really deserves more.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #214
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
nice to have a new Kookie fan here

now we have northernlight, SloKid and rrfnpump

but Klara deserves more

Surely Klara deserves more fans, hopefully there will be more fans coming in from this moment now, so we can make this a big thread, from the first moment i created this thread, it was very hard for me to keep it up to date, with me being the only fan in the thread, i am soooo happy you guys joined me to make this a regular up to date thread

Hopefully Inkymisafan will post here in the future as well (i am almost sure she will )

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM   #215
country flag SloKid

I will translate that interview from the link I posted tommorow. I hope you guys look forward to that.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #216
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If you want I can translate that interview from that website.

Yeah she really deserves more.
Thanks for the search, mmm i posted some of my Klara pic which i made in Rosmalen on here in this thread, i'll give ya the link to show them to ya, so you don't have to go thru all the pages..... you can see my pics i made of Klara and put them on here in the following single posts: http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php...&postcount=113
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php...&postcount=115

If you want to translate the interview, that would be great..

BTW i have a Czech friend who's also a big fan of Klara, he is also registered here (his username is JohnyPernik) he has a website bout Klara but in Czech, no English available i am afraid, he attended some Fed Cup matches in the Czech Republic and the Tournament of Prague, where Klara played, he has made some pics, i can give you guys the link for the pics as well the link is http://www.klarakoukalova.wz.cz/fotogalerie.html

And whenever he has got interesting info on Klara, like Klara's reaction or interviews or whatever has on info from the Czech Media, and he sends me it by email, i'll put it on here

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #217
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I will translate that interview from the link I posted tommorow. I hope you guys look forward to that.
yep

thanks for bringing Klara news, SloKid and northernlight
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #218
country flag Mathijs

Quote:
yep

thanks for bringing Klara news, SloKid and northernlight
No probs Rrfn, it's a pleasure and your welcome

Hopefully i am able to follow Klara's match today, though i dunno, becuz i dun have really much time today.....

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #219
country flag SloKid

Here is the interview as promised:

Klara Koukalova: The best win in her career

She left the scene of the first WTA tournament on Slovenian ground with a huge smile on her face. Klara Koukalova, who had to work hard in previous rounds to even make it to the final, offered a excellent display to ruin Slovenian tennis hero’s plans for a triumph in front of the home crowd. Katarina Srebotnik had a chance to feel the fourth seed’s killer backhand. Brown-haired Czech player won her second tournament in her eight final.

The 23-year old player from Prague rarely smiles during her matches. She is very focused on the court and she is very animated, when she loses point. It is not rare that her racquet is thrown to the ground, because of her anger/frustration. But off the court she is a completely different person. The winner of hte first ever Banka Koper Slovenia Open is a simple girl that likes to smile and was very pleased with the title she won. She has already won two titles in 2005. Klara is trying hard to reach the top 30 as soon as possible, which is her goal for this year. She made an important step to reaching that goal in Portorož, and she made strong promises to return as a defending champion to the »city of thousand flowers« next year.

Q: You defeated Katarina Srebotnik in an exciting final and became the first winner of the inaugural WTA tournament in Sloveia. What are you feeling after winning your second title in your six-year career like?

A: I could not be happier. This victory in Portoroz means even more to me than my first title in Hertogenbosch. This final against Katarina was the hardest final I ever played in my memory. I played in eight finals already (besides the two won titles, the other finals were in Palermo, Hertogenbosch, Casablanca, Antwerpen and twice in Sopot), but never was a match in my career so hard and exhausting. This was the best win in my career. I finally managed to win a title on a hard court as well.

Q: Katarina said after the match, that she cannot hold anything against herself, she left her heart on the court. She said you were just too strong for her in the final. What is your judgement of Slovenia’s best player’s game?

A: Katarina played excellent. She showed some excellent tennis with the help of the home crowd, which was responsible for a great atmosphere. Even though she made me work hard, I managed to bring the match to a happy end. I was very nervous before the match, because I suffered many defeats in previous finals. I said to myself, it’s now or never. And indeed, I managed to hit some great shots later and I managed to defeat Katarina.

Q: The final had a lot of turnarounds. What do you feel was the turning moment in your favor?

A: When I was 0:2 down in the third set. I decided there, I will fight with all I have until the end. I’m glad I did not give up then. I had a bit of luck as well. I don’t like to say this, but I was not pleased with some of the calls, but it was a dream finish for me. I kept my concentration until the end this time, unlike some previous matches in Portoroz, in the second round against Klösel for example.

Q: When you arrived on the Slovenian coast on the 19th of September, was this you first visit here, have you spent your holidays before in Slovenia?

A: It is true that a lot of Czechs spend their summer vacation in Slovenia and especially Croatia. My family never did, so this is the first time I visited a town on the Slovenian coast. The only place in Slovenia where I have been in the past is Maribor, where I won a ITF tournament five years ago.

Q: Have your goals changed after the victory in Portoroz?

A: Not really. I would like to become a top 30 player. And then I can set my goals higher and gradually lower my wishes (laughs).

Q: What about your grand slam performances?

A: That is my weak point. I have never played well on any of the slams. I will have to drastically improve my results soon (laughs). My best result was the third round two years ago in Melbourne. Australian Open is my favorite tournament, because of the great surface, sunny weather and nice people. Everything is ideal. But it is also true that I would like to fulfill my childhood dream of winning in Wimbledon, but that will be anything but easy (laughs).

Q: The Czechs have always had a great tennis school, with the likes of famous players like Martina Navratilova, Hana Mandlikova, Helena Sukova and Jana Novotna in the past. What the situation like after entering the third millennium?

A: There are eight, nine girls in the top 100. We are a small nation that has every reason to be proud of its tennis history. We also have successful male players, so the situation is solid.

Q: In the past the Czech had players like Ivan Lendl and Petr Korda, who were at the top of male tennis, but now there are no such stars from the Czech Republic. Is there someone who can replace them in the near future?

A: We will have to wait and see. Tomas Berdych is on good track, and on the ladies side we have a very promising player in Nicole Vaidisova.

Q: Has tennis retained the high popularity in the Czech Republic in recent years?

A: I’m afraid not. There has been a lot of talk about football, ice-hockey and also basketball and even golf in the recent years. Popularity wise tennis is around sixth place, which I don’t really like, as we are represented less and less in the media.

Q: Did you want to become a tennis player since you were little?

A: Definitely not until I was ten, I enjoyed playing with dolls the most until then. My father changed the whole thing, when he enrolled me in a tennis school. And as it turned out I was better than other girls my age so I slowly accepted tennis as an important part of my life. My dad still follows me around today. He came to Portoroz as well and cheered me on with all his heart.

Q: Will you return to Portoroz next year?

A: Of course. I adore Portoroz. I fell in love with it soon after arriving. I will recommend it to other Czech tennis players as well. Unfortunately Nicole Vaidisova, who is currently in the US, could not come this year as she already entered too many tournaments in 2005. I hope she will find time and place in her calendar for next year. Nicole is my great friend, but I will have to face her on Tuesday in the first round of the WTA tournament in Luxembourg. The draw was really cruel. I just hope I will be able to get some rest from everything nice that happened to me here in Portoroz until then.

There is a mistake in that last answer, Klara is of course playing Iveta and not Nicole in the first round. I don’t know who made the mistake in the interview, the journalist or perhaps she was just too tired.

I will also be uploading some more Klara pics from Saturday today.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #220
country flag SloKid

OK, so here you have a gallery with only Klara pics that I took on Saturday, there are 19 pics, these are the ones that turned out best:
http://img336.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img08184au.jpg
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #221
country flag rrfnpump

thank you
very nice pics!!

I am glad to hear that Klara wants to come back next year! I also think Portoroz was/is a great tournament and a good opportunity for the eastern european players!
smart decision to put a tournament in Prague and Portoroz
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #222
country flag Mathijs

Quote:
OK, so here you have a gallery with only Klara pics that I took on Saturday, there are 19 pics, these are the ones that turned out best:
http://img336.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img08184au.jpg
thank you for your pics , very good and sharp pics

I am gonna leave you now guys, pity i cannot follow Klara vs. Iveta match....

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #223
country flag SloKid

Klara reached the second round of the FORTIS Championships Luxembourg by defeating Iveta Benesova 7:5 4:6 6:3. She now faces Kim in the second round. You have nothing to lose Klara, just give it your all.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #224
country flag Mathijs

Quote:
Klara reached the second round of the FORTIS Championships Luxembourg by defeating Iveta Benesova 7:5 4:6 6:3. She now faces Kim in the second round. You have nothing to lose Klara, just give it your all.

C'mooon Klara, cause the major upset here!!!

Good Luck

Btw i can learn you guys the Czech word for Go, it's Jdem or Jedem, also Good Luck means in Czech Hodne Stesti, yep, learned it all from my Czech mate (looool at the word )

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #225
country flag rrfnpump

Klara
she often needs 3 sets lately
enjoy your match against Kim
you can just learn from such a match!!