Emma Laine!!!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:29 AM   #1
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Emma Laine!!!!!

This is a thread for the young and talented rising star of Finland! WOOOOOOOT!!!!
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #2
country flag veera

veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice
Hi, I’m new here.

Emma is so talented…If she keeps up the way she’s playing now, she’ll be in the top 2000 of the rankings by the end of the year.

Here is an article about Emma from a Finnish news paper…(Sorry, my English is not that good…)

Emma Laine moved to Helsinki to grow up

Who?
EMMA LAINE
-was born 26. 3 1986 in Karlstad, Sweden
-left-handed
-junior ranking in the end of the last year: 4th
-WTA-ranking now: 490th
-tournaments in 2004: Hull, Britain (10 000$) second round, Tipton Britain (10 000$) won singles, semifinal in doubles with Essi Laine, Capriolo, Italy (10 000$) won both singles and doubles with Essi Laine

As a fifteen-year-old a talented tennis player Emma Laine from Lahti said she would never move away from her hometown, cause she “likes Lahti so much”.
Two years later, last November she moved with her tennis playing older sister Essi to Helsinki. “Never say never”, Laine laughs and admits, that Lahti has left number two. “Me and Essi have liked living here a lot. After a long time everything is fine now. It was so hard to get practise lessons. There are so much better training possibilities in Helsinki, and the coach is here too.
Capital is not a boring place to live for the sisters. They have been in hockey games and movies, and Emma’s best friend lives here too.
When they were choosing the apartment, the most important thing was,that the place should be near Tali’s tennis center. The place was found from one kilometer away, in Pitäjänmäki. Sisters have their parent’s other car in their use, but Emma hasn’t got a driver’s license yet. It is easy to forget that the long standing Finnish number one tennis player turns just 18 later this month. “I don’t feel like a grow up because of the age. Although when you move away from home, you have to do all the household jobs. Even those you hate.” Laine says.
Miss has grown up in other ways too. She has decided to play only women’s events this year, though she could have played junior tournaments. Laine was in the end of the last year in top 5 of the juniors, which means she can get wild cards to some 25 000$ and 50 000$ tournaments.
The adult career could not have started better. In the first event of the year, in Britain’s Hull, Emma made it to the second round but took her first women’s tournament win in Tipton, England a week later. In doubles she made it to the semis with her sister.
In her own words, Emma Laine had no idea she would succeed this soon in women’s tournaments.
“Before the season everyone were asking my goals. I couldn’t say nothing, when didn’t know at all how I will do. The coach has seen more big games, but I believe, that it was a surprise to him too – but even more surprising it was to me and my family.”
In the end of the February Laine’s played in Italy. Emma won second time in a row, when she defeated Croatia’s Nika Ozegocvic in the final. Emma and Essi won also the doubles. “That was a…” Emma laughs and shakes her head when she talks about the doubles win. “I would not have believed. In England we were in semis, but in Italy we did it even better.”
10 000$ tournaments are still so small, that Emma isnät making money. “My parents work hard”, she answers. She’s taking a year off frpm high school and is planning to study in evening classes next year.
Though the season has started with pleasant surprises, Laine doesn’t want to set clear goals for the season. “I should get my ranking better, so I could make it to the bigger tournaments.I hate to set number goals.” She’s not even following her own WTA-ranking. “I never know nothing, just hear from someone, what it is”, relaxed and balanced young woman says.

BTW, I can’t believe she lives in Pitäjänmäki. That’s like the ghetto of Helsinki. I guess they really don’t have a lot of money.

For what it's worth I like you
And what is worse I really do
veera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #3
country flag korben

korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by veera
BTW, I can’t believe she lives in Pitäjänmäki. That’s like the ghetto of Helsinki.
Isn´t there tennis center right next door. Not too many in here
Might be one reason, I don´t know...
korben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #4
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
She's not that talented like Krajicek and Vaidisova.. But she's playing great at the moment
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #5
country flag korben

korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by korben
Isn´t there tennis center right next door. Not too many in here
Might be one reason, I don´t know...
Replying to myself... again

In main text it reads. 1 km away is Tali tennis center....

Imo that is probably best training ground in whole country.
So after traing in grass courts in England now training indoor carpet... best results clay and outdoor hc Look out
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #6
country flag korben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokkeltje
She's not that talented like Krajicek and Vaidisova.. But she's playing great at the moment
What... I suggest you check Laine - Vaidisova h2h
Sure she isn´t Krajicek... no one is.

We still can talk about potential Top 100 player. First in like 15 years from this country No ? She is no Krajicek, we know, thank you
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #7
country flag hoekie274

hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road
Wonderful for Finnish (and Scandinavian) tennis that Emma is coming up in the rankings. Finnish tennis really needed that, because since Petra Thoren and Nanne Dahlman there wasn´t anybode who could come close to the top 100. Emma is real top 50 material. What do you think....can she reach higher?
hoekie274 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #8
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Hey...umh...SCREW YOU! She is very talented and will be a top 50 player. Don't come in here and post things as idiotic as that.
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #9
country flag pcrtennis

I think she can be top 20 personally!
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #10
country flag grmbl

Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #11
Sagie

Sagie is an unknown quantity at this point Sagie is an unknown quantity at this point Sagie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Didn't you predict that Serena would defeat Nadya 6/4 6/1 or something? Emma is potential top 20 - for sure.
Sagie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #12
country flag grmbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagie
Didn't you predict that Serena would defeat Nadya 6/4 6/1 or something? Emma is potential top 20 - for sure.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #13
country flag veera

veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice veera is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagie

For sure, for sure, Sara...
You're not beeing too nice, wokkeltje. Emma is playing great right now, lost only two times this year and has gone up in the rankings about 500 places without any wild cards to WTA tournaments... When was the last time a junior made it to the final of 50 000$ with junior exempt and later became absolutely nothing?

edit. No idea, Sara

For what it's worth I like you
And what is worse I really do

Last edited by veera : Apr 11th, 2004 at 01:44 PM.
veera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #14
Sagie

Sagie is an unknown quantity at this point Sagie is an unknown quantity at this point Sagie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by veera
For sure, for sure, Sara...
You're not beeing too nice, wokkeltje. Emma is playing great right now, lost only two times this year and has gone up in the rankings about 500 places without any wild cards to WTA tournaments... When was the last time a junior made it to the final of 50 000$ with junior exempt and later became absolutely nothing?

How long has there even been the junior exempt thing?
Sagie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #15
country flag grmbl

Emma is not a potentiel top 20 player... for sure!