Aussie in Overseas Challengers - Page 162 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #2416
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Re: Aussie in Overseas Challengers

I want to make it clear that I am not scoffing at the achievements of any of these players that go out there and give it a go and get a ranking. They have achieved a lot by getting to a position where us tennis fans know their names and follow their achievements. However, I would imagine that cracking the top 100 and getting MD DE to the slams is a significant milestone to players being able to make it financially.

It is going to be interesting when it comes to WC for the AO next year. Based on the "youth policy" of TA A-Rod should be out of the running and not sure how close to her use by date TA would consider Jarka. Remember a few years ago when Mon was ranked 126 after qualifying for the USO and was totally overlooked due to the ridiculous youth policy.

Personally I think they should go straight down the line for the WCs. Do the play off for one wild card and go straight down the rankings for the rest. None of those ranked beyond 199 would have any grounds to complain about being missed out. Sally, Issy, Viktoria, Jess, Banana haven't managed to string together a decent tourney at the 25k level and do not deserve to be given free entry to the AO.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:47 AM   #2417
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

2013 AO MD WC's should go to
A-Rod, Barty, Jarka, Olivia, Sacha (If Olivia gets in direct Monique should get it but won't!)

QWC - Dokic, Peers, Bobusic, Rajicic, Moore, Arina Rod, Hadzic. If Dokic doesn't play then give it to Bains
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 07:17 AM   #2418
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I don't reckon the men are any better. Tomic is all over the place, Ebden is now out of the top 100 after an average season, Hewitt isn't long for this world and I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if Marinko can go much higher. The fact that no other guy can even make the top 200 is pretty ordinary if you ask me.

This year we had Liv, Sacha and Ashleigh all hit career highs and Casey hasn't been ranked this high since 2008. Yes, lots of girls have struggled with slumps and injury this year but despite that we still have 8 top 200 players. That's pretty good if you ask me.
Oh come on, the guys are kicking arse over the women. Ebden and Marinko have had a great year! Ebden has really consolidated his top 100 ranking now, as last year it was just 1 big result that held his ranking up, where as now he is consistently reaching 2nd rounds of ATP events. He's only 24yo too, not a veteran at all and only just starting to take off. I think this time next year he'll be ranked 50-70. As for Marinko, huge year. I expect he will be ranked 50-70 to next year too, not sure if he can go too much higher. Tomic, a bit like Ebden, had his one big result come off his ranking, but with mediocre year has consolidated his top 50 rank with lots of 3rd/2nd round showings and would have to retire to drop out of top 100. Hewitt, might be his last summer coming up, who knows, but yeah his rank will probably drop after Aust Open but then he has nothing to defend until July, so top 50 should be a shoe in if he continues to play on.
As for women, only Stosur is winning WTA matches regularly. Jarka has huge ability but mentally gone atm, as is her fitness. Not sure what Casey is doing, she should be playing a lot more tournaments but doesn't seem as motivated. A-Rod has had 12 wins the past two months and is heading back up again, to be fair to her she had some horror draws this year drawing the number 1 seed at both Aust Open and Wimbledon. Olivia should be playing the low WTA's in Taiwan and India and not $25K's! She is never going to progress if she doesn't take some risks! I'm almost anti her getting a wildcard, she should be made to qualify.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM   #2419
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
2013 AO MD WC's should go to
A-Rod, Barty, Jarka, Olivia, Sacha (If Olivia gets in direct Monique should get it but won't!)

QWC - Dokic, Peers, Bobusic, Rajicic, Moore, Arina Rod, Hadzic. If Dokic doesn't play then give it to Bains
Tend to agree although i would put Sanders & Cabrera in before Bains..
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #2420
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Nancarrow and Myers still plugging away overseas. Unfortunately this week Abbie drew the 2nd seed in Greece and Alex drew the 5th seed in Portugal

Good luck in the doubles!
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #2421
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Tend to agree although i would put Sanders & Cabrera in before Bains..
Sanders should be a definite choice, she played well last week.

Bains and Cabrera are still very young.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #2422
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Abbie and Eraydin won their R1 doubles. She also plays Eraydin R1 which will be tough..

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #2423
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

Adamczak is currently playing Kalashnikova in Pune 125
Bengson lost to Birnerova 62 75 which is a good effort

They play doubles later on the same court.

Apparently the courts are slow..

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #2424
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Nice effort from Steph. Good luck to Mon. Good opportunity here for points in singles & doubles.

Liv should have played here and in Taipei.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #2425
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Slow Courts, no good for Mon but still disapointing to see her lose to Kalashnikova...
Nice effort from Steph against Birnerova.

Nancarrow also putting in a good showing going down to the 5th seed in portugal 6 n 6 or 6n5
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #2426
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

Nancarrow into doubles QF

Myers lost 61 61

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2427
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

Kalashnikova has taken Vekic to 3 sets so probably not such a bad loss

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #2428
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Um excuse me but am I the first to notice this:

Jelena Dokic playing $25K in Poland next week!!
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2429
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Um excuse me but am I the first to notice this:

Jelena Dokic playing $25K in Poland next week!!
OMG! sneaking a tournament in just before Oz summer how cheeky. Does anyone actually know whether she has been injured or what the story is?

Also.... Bella Holland??? Is she injured/coming back for the oz summer? I might e-mail TA .....
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #2430
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Izzy played in the Asia pacific league this week.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote