Aussie in Overseas Challengers - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #1546
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aussie in Overseas Challengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Breakout year for ]Holland so far

If she keeps this up, the US Open wildcard could very well be hers
I really really hope so.
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #1547
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Breakout year for ]Holland so far

If she keeps this up, the US Open wildcard could very well be hers
As much as I agree, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. If this was Jessica Moore AUSBOY would be quick to point out that she has not beaten one top 300 player yet this season, despite winning 1 x 25k and making semi final 1 x 25k, 2 x 25k quarter finals and Australian Open Qualifying R2.

After this Uzbek swing, Isabella will head to Europe to play some 25ks. The competition will be tougher and ultimately this will be a good test for her and where she is currently at.

Her confidence should be at an all time high, so hopefully her bad days become less frequent.
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #1548
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

4)Naomi Broady (GBR) def. (8)Isabella Holland (AUS) 5-3 Ret.

First Olivia and now Bella. Hope its nothing serious.

R2 (2)Karolina Wlodarczak (AUS) def. Christina Shakovets (GER) 6-0 6-0

Nice win for Karo, she also won her doubles QF 0 and 0.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #1549
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope they had a stomach bug or something relatively minor...
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #1550
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
As much as I agree, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. If this was Jessica Moore AUSBOY would be quick to point out that she has not beaten one top 300 player yet this season, despite winning 1 x 25k and making semi final 1 x 25k, 2 x 25k quarter finals and Australian Open Qualifying R2.

After this Uzbek swing, Isabella will head to Europe to play some 25ks. The competition will be tougher and ultimately this will be a good test for her and where she is currently at.

Her confidence should be at an all time high, so hopefully her bad days become less frequent.
At the time of writing earlier, she was still very much in the hunt of taking out another title this week. That could've put her ranking much closer to 200. The US Open is months away, and plenty of time for her to even get it higher with a bit of luck, so I don't think I was getting ahead of myself at all. She could still be right in the thick of it come selection time.
TS is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #1551
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post

Slight difference! Isabella is ranked around 250, which is consistent with where her game is at, and is not overranked in the top 150 thanks to 200 abnormally easy Grand Slam points! Jess never had the game to be ranked top 150 and will never get back there, she just got extremely lucky early on in her career. Isabella is definitely a more mentally stable player.
You make a valid point though that Isabella is going to have to raise her game to make a dint in the top 200, and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves despite her good start to the year.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #1552
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Karolina won her QF in 3 which is good

Bianca Tepper lost quite a close R2 match in Greece and Rigozzi lost her R2 as well.

Good luck in the SF Karo!
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #1553
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Plenty of girls in action this coming week.

Czech Republic - 100K
Q - Moore, Patterson

Japan - 50K
MD - Adamczak, Jones, Letcher
Q - Bai

Italy - 50K
MD - Ferguson, Peers, Erakovic

Croatia - 25K
MD - Rogowska

India - 10K
Q - Breadmore

Spain - 10K
Q - Rigozzi

Brazil - 10K
MD - Krysiak

Greece - 10K
Q - Tepper x2

Turkey - 10K
Q - Balint

Isabella withdrew from this weeks 25K as well so maybe there is something going on.

Old May 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM   #1554
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Lauren Breadmore is back playing it seems. This is excellent!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #1555
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but she will need to raise her game, she needs match play with her style. She was absolutely awful in Australia. Hope she does well in India
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #1556
country flag jack21

Q1: 6)Jessica Moore (AUS) def. Martina Borecka (CZE) 6-3 6-3

Tammi lost her match by retirement at 6-1 4-6

Last edited by jack21 : May 7th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #1557
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Lauren breadmore won easily against local in 1st rnd q India.

Teppers play off last rnd greece 10k q lol!!

& karo lost her sf germany 10k in tight one
Old May 8th, 2011, 04:14 AM   #1558
country flag jack21

Watched Karo's match on livescore and it was pretty epic, she really should have won the second set but couldn't hold serve to save her life.
She won the doubles title though so this has been a pretty good week for her.

Old May 8th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #1559
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Where did Dani D disappear to this week?

Poor Tammi injury number 17897987987......

Shame about Issy just when she got going...that will probably kill any chance she had for wimbledon qualies....

Hopefully our girls can get going this week....sall, soph, mon, sletch and co....
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #1560
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Lauren double-bageled her opponent in India in the final round of qualifying

Has a winnable R1 against an unranked player

Nice to see so many girls in action. Pity about Tammy and Izzy. Hope the two Sophies do okay this week.

Krysiak in Brazil now?? This girl amuses me... She's in the MD and drew the 3rd seed. Will be surprised if there aren't any bagels involved.