Aussie in Overseas Challengers - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #1516
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aussie in Overseas Challengers

Good work girls, their draws have really opened up with both of them now the highest ranked playter in their halves.
Tammi lost R1 in Germany.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #1517
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

(1)Junri Namigata def. Sophie Letcher 6-3 6-4

Good effort from Sophie, Namigata is ranked 108. Hopefully she gets a better draw next week.

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #1518
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Sophie actually beat Namigata last time they played in Esperance at the end of last year, was hoping she could pull off the upset. Glad she's playing though, rough first round.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #1519
country flag jack21

R2

Kateryna Kozlova (UKR) def. (2)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) 6-2 6-7(6) 6-2
(6)Isabella Holland (AUS) def. (wc)Sabina Sharipova (UZB) 3-6 6-1 6-4

Liv

Decent win for Izzy over a talented player and is also into the doubles SF playing with Naomi Broady. She is now the highest ranked player left in the tournament.

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #1520
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Well let's hope that Izzy can take this title out and push towards the top 250.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #1521
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Good work Izzy. So nice to see her rising steadily - I think she'll hit new career-highs in singles and doubles after this week. Hope she keeps winning in Uzbekistan!

Disappointing from Liv - also that her 16-match doubles winning streak was broken
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #1522
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

great work from Isabella there. Hope she can win the thing.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #1523
country flag jack21

QF

(6)Isabella Holland (AUS) def. Chen Liang (CHN) 7-6(5) 6-2

Liang cruised through two tough opening matches so this is another good win for Izzy.
She is also into the doubles final.

Old Apr 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #1524
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's fantastic. This would be Izzy best overseas performance so far wouldn't it?

Good luck in SF!
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #1525
country flag jack21

USA - 100K
Alt - Hollands

Uzbekistan - 25K
MD - Mirkovic, Holland, Rogowska
Q - Cannizzaro

Turkey - 10K
Q - Balint, S. Hopper

Germany - 10K
MD - Wlodarczak

France - 100K
MD - Ferguson
Q - Peers, Moore

Greece - 10K
MD - Tepper x2

Japan - 50K
MD - Adamczak, Jones
Q - Bai, Westbury

Czech Republic - 50K
Q - Konta

Great to see pretty much all of our top ITF players have left Australia. Dani D was in alternates for the 100K in France but withdrew, wonder if she is actually planing to play OS?
Good luck girls, especially Sally, Sophie and Jess.

Last edited by jack21 : Apr 30th, 2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #1526
country flag jack21

Not sure where Sophie L and Tammi have disapeared to as they could just stayed in Japan and Germany respectively and played back to back tournaments?

Sally and Jess' draw

(2)Sally Peers (AUS) v BYE
Severine Beltrame (FRA) v Alize Lim (FRA)

Jessica Moore (AUS) v Liga Dekmeijere (LAT)
(6)Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino (ESP) v Martina Parmigiani (ITA)

Would be great to see these girls fight it out in the final Q round, I don't think they have ever faced each other.

Last edited by jack21 : Apr 30th, 2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #1527
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
USA - 100K
Alt - Hollands

Uzbekistan - 25K
MD - Mirkovic, Holland, Rogowska
Q - Cannizzaro

Turkey - 10K
Q - Balint, S. Hopper

Germany - 10K
MD - Wlodarczak

France - 100K
MD - Ferguson
Q - Peers, Moore

Greece - 10K
MD - Tepper x2

Japan - 50K
MD - Adamczak, Jones
Q - Bai, Westbury

Czech Republic - 50K
Q - Konta

Great to see pretty much all of our top ITF players have left Australia. Dani D was in alternates for the 100K in France but withdrew, wonder if she is actually planing to play OS?
Good luck girls, especially Sally, Sophie and Jess.
Thanks for posting where everyone is playing.
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #1528
country flag Territory

Dani D is playing overseas! She entered the Turkey $10k late and so is in the qualifying draw.

Konta lost in Q1 but Jess Moore had an easy win
Old May 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM   #1529
country flag jack21

Sally losses 6-3 6-1 in Q2 in France. Bai and Westbury also go down in their Q1 matches in Japan.

Old May 1st, 2011, 10:01 PM   #1530
country flag Territory

Jess lost her Q2 match in France easily too.

In Turkey, Dani D lost her easy qualifying match! She went down 1-6 6-3 6-1

Skye Hopper lost too but Mary-Ann Balint made it through to MD

Really looking forward to see if Sophie F can knock up some wins in France this week.