Aussie in Overseas Challengers - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM   #1501
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie in Overseas Challengers

I know but I'm just starting to think ... shouldn't that have happened by now?
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #1502
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Marisa Gianotti turns up out of nowhere to be in the MD in an Indian $10K this week. She plays an Indian qualifier so hopefully can get a win!

Alenka Hubacek is also back, playing in the $10K in Turkey.
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #1503
country flag Territory

And Jarmila Groth is playing doubles in the Turkish $10K!

Alenka drew a Turkish wildcard so hopefully gets a win.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #1504
country flag Territory

Who is this Ashley Krysiak girl and why is she persisting in entering ITF tournaments? In the past 12 months, she's got a 0-24 record! She hasn't even won a set!
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #1505
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Who is this Ashley Krysiak girl and why is she persisting in entering ITF tournaments? In the past 12 months, she's got a 0-24 record! She hasn't even won a set!
Never give up!!
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #1506
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. I remember seeing her name in Spain, I thought she must have been based there. She is no good, but at least she is trying.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #1507
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Interesting question... Well, it seems that she's a girl who got a late start at playing tennis, but still hopes to make it as a pro nonetheless. She's got her own blog actually. I took a look at it, and she seems like a nice girl.

http://www.becomingpro.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutho12 View Post
Never give up!!
She's definitely got the right attitude about things. The odds might be against her, but she'll never know if she doesn't give it a try. Best of luck to you, Ash!
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #1508
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Thanks for that link Jason, was an interesting read. She's pretty easy on the eye so if she can get her game together I am sure sponsorship would come her way.

I do admire these girls for trying. We can all spend our time wondering if only, no matter if she is out getting flogged every week at least she will never die wondering if only she had of tried as a Pro.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #1509
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

No problem, Vicky.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 01:37 AM   #1510
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Japan-50K
MD - Letcher
Q - Adamczak, Westbury

Switzerland-25K
Q - Jones

Uzbeckistan-25K
MD - Rogowska, Holland, Mirkovic
Q - Cannizzaro

Germany-10K
MD - Patterson

GBR-10K
MD - Hubacek

Spain-10K
Q - Nancarrow

Thailand-10K
Q - Te Tai, Thomas

Turkey-10K
Q - Balint

Good to see lots of our girls travelling now that the Aussie 25K's are done. Good choice by Letcher to visit Asia for her first OS trip. Random reappearance by Nancarrow, hasn't given up on tennis it seems.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:51 AM   #1511
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering where Nancarrow was, she was having good results in juniors last year. She must be based in Spain, much like Krysiak. Glad she is still going.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM   #1512
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Ok with 3 of them in Uzb knowing the way the luck goes for the Aussie girls they will all be in the same section and two will face each other in the first round. The other one will get in the in form #1 seed.

Actually it's great to see so many of them playing next week. Good luck to all of them.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 09:44 PM   #1513
country flag Territory

Just being really nit-picky and annoying here but this isn't Sletch's first overseas trip. She did play a couple of $10K (in Thailand, I think) back in 2009. But yeah, her first proper overseas trip since she started her rise up the rankings...
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 09:43 AM   #1514
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

My bad. Only really been following her closely the past year. I hope she does ok, could go either way at this point I think.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1515
country flag Territory

In Uzbekistan, Izzy and Liv won their R1 matches very easily, each losing only 2 games.

Good luck in R2!