Moderators’ Guidelines and Comments - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #1
country flag joegerardi

joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light joegerardi is a glorious beacon of light
Moderators’ Guidelines and Comments

~ WELCOME to the Cocktail Party!

Now that the dust has settled, we both want to thank you folks for your faith in us to moderate this forum. Rest assured that both of us will do everything to earn that faith...

As you know, this is a place for Daniela Hantuchova fans, if you didn't...well, you're a tad

(and in an amount of time we will convert you )

We're here to support Daniela, get/share news on her, tell our stories and experiences, give our opinions and inputs, and the bonus: make new friends

With that in mind, we have collaborated to come up with this list of guidelines for posting and behavior here in the CP. Please note that these are all in addition to WTAworld’s regular rules, and are in no way meant to circumvent them.

Off-topic posts – every single thread goes off-topic. It’s impossible NOT to. If someone replies “Nice pic” in a picture thread, then technically that poster is off-topic. Previously, the former moderator was fairly strict about this. We have decided to relax the rules somewhat, and allow a little more of it. A humorous reply to a post can be fun to read, and add to the feeling of community and family that we have all become. Let’s try to not get too far off-topic though... We will play this one by ear, and if a thread becomes hijacked, we’ll pull it back on track.

Sniping
– From time to time, people start sniping at each other. “Sniping” is rude comments said to another poster. Almost always, this is in good fun, and is really two (or more) posters playing with each other, but for the sake of Joe, who is an old fart and doesn’t always realize this, please put some sort of smiley in your post. Additionally, sniping can also be towards another person's favourite tennis players (yes you're allowed to like the other ladies besides Daniela... but not too much ), but please be considerate about the player and the poster, they're human beings. Do keep in mind though if you're going to go on rambling about another player constantly – this isn't where it's suppose to be done, go take it to their board please.

NOTE: if the sniping becomes real, i.e. a personal attack, we WILL delete those posts, and you will receive a nasty PM from one of the Mods, most likely Maria. We ALL know how nasty she can be! (See how it’s done?)

CommunityWe are all here to appreciate Dani, and our love for her game. Please realize that while we might not agree with someone, or even care for that person, they like our favorite player too, and hence, can’t be ALL bad! Even if you disagree with what they have to say, remember, a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day. The internet is a big place, and they might have found some information that none of the rest us are privy to yet.

Problems and help requests – Should something seem to be getting out of hand, PM or e-mail Maria and/or Joe. Don’t try to correct them yourself, it will just get uglier. However, remember this important point: you folks voted us as moderators. Our decision WILL be final! If it takes us a little time to correct the situation, that is because we are conferring on the proper course of action. You voted TWO moderators here, and there will be no unilateral action from either of us. Remember the old saying: “Two heads are better than one.” You elected two people at the opposite sides of the spectrum, (and age, dammit! -Joe) and we think this is a good thing. We look at things differently, and can both bring our different viewpoints to the table.

These are just the general guidelines, As with anything as dynamic and fluid as a BB, there will be changes made as we both settle in to our new situation. We also both want to assure you that we will do everything possible to earn the trust you have placed in us, and at any time, feel free to PM or e-mail us with questions or concerns. Everyone wants this to be the premier site for Dani’s fans, and we will work hard to make it thus.

Good Luck Daniela!

Maria (beauty_is_pink)
Joe (joegerardi)

Last edited by joegerardi : Mar 21st, 2004 at 01:51 PM.
joegerardi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 07:09 AM   #2
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moderators’ Guidelines and Comments

Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #3
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Last Activity: May 27th, 2007 11:58 AM

Whos the mod now?? Im willing

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #4
country flag SzavayFi
4 8 15 16 23 42

SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela-Is-Mine View Post
Last Activity: May 27th, 2007 11:58 AM

Whos the mod now?? Im willing
Maria (beauty_is_pink) is and has been the mod for a very long time now. Not Joe.
SzavayFi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM   #5
country flag mandy7

mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Maria (beauty_is_pink) is and has been the mod for a very long time now. Not Joe.
maria's last activity:
Last Activity: Jul 23rd, 2008 04:52 PM

mandy7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #6
country flag beauty_is_pink
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, guess I should have let you know that yes it's true, I'm no longer mod... makes sense since I hardly go online now! I'm just focusing more on other things right now if you have to know But rest assure I'm still a Daniela fan... always have been, always will be
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #7
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Whos gunna be mod now?

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #8
nhmitchell

nhmitchell is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did Dani's Off-Court Photo thread disappear to?

Nick
nhmitchell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM   #9
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_is_pink View Post
Sorry guys, guess I should have let you know that yes it's true, I'm no longer mod... makes sense since I hardly go online now! I'm just focusing more on other things right now if you have to know But rest assure I'm still a Daniela fan... always have been, always will be
Missing you
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM   #10
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmitchell View Post
Where did Dani's Off-Court Photo thread disappear to?

Nick
It hasn't had a post in a while, and for some reason the display options changed for some people (myself included), so that it only shows threads which have had recent posts. When you go to the Cocktail Party, just go to the bottom and change display options to show threads "from the beginning". Then click show threads.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote