Juniors - Page 200 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #2986
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Juniors

There is an article on Indy de Vroome in Tennis Magazine:

Last year she won the Orange Bowl (under 12 y).
She talks about her ITF Juniors debut in Heiveld, Belgium where she reached the quarter final. She was happy with that result. In the 3rd round she defeated Laetitia SARRAZIN (FRA) in a match that took 3,5 hours. After that she had to play doubles and the next day her quarter final. She was pretty tired by then. She trains with Maarten Paas in Boxtel. For the National rankings she is in the 16 y.o. category, because she has more competition there. She plays against girls that are older than her. She thinks that is why she plays better matches, but it is more difficult to win.

The last 6 months she has improved her technique. Most improved is her forehand. She can accelerate it more and also she serves faster. And she believes her backhand has been her weapon. Highlight of the year was winning the Windmill Cup. She won the tournament and played well.

Plans for 2010: more training and playing more ITF junior tournaments. As a 13 y.o. she is allowed to play a max of 10 ITF tournaments. Right now she is able to combine this with school, but that will be more difficult. But she does not see that as a problem. She wants to become a professional tennis player and climb the rankings. Preferably the nr 1 spot!

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #2987
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Indy de Vroome has won as a WC her 1st G4 tournament in Vasteras, Sweden

32 W Cassandra WENNERSTROM (SWE) 6-0 6-0
16 W Claudia Antonia ENACHE (ROU) 6-2 3-6 6-0
QF W Anastasia FROLOVA (RUS) 6-1 6-2
SF W Marija MILUTINOVIC (SWE, 1) 6-1 6-1
F W Caroline Rohde-Moe (NOR,2) 6-3 6-1

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 06:30 AM   #2988
country flag Sasja

Last week Indy won her 2nd G4 tournament of the year
This time in Germany, again as a WC (CASIO Exilim ITF Tournament).
She had a bye in the 1st round and did not drop a set in this tournament. (unfortunately her opponent in the final, Katharina Lehnert, retired after being 4-1 down in the 1st set).

Her current junior ranking is 378 (was 1.337 at the end of 2009). Not bad for a 13 y.o.

At the moment she is playing Les Petits As. Today she will be playing the final against Kanami Tsuji (8). So far she has not dropped a set this tournament. GL today Indy

And ofcourse Justin Eleveld and Jannick Lupescu won the Boys Doubles title at the Australian Open

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 04:19 PM   #2989
country flag Sasja

Indy lost the final 6-4 3-6 4-6

Still a good week for her

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #2990
country flag Sasja

Indy is in South Africa playing her 1st G2 tournament:

1st round
Indy de Vroome (NED) (ITF-387) def Yana Sizikova (RUS) (ITF-318) 4-6 6-1 6-2
2nd round
Indy de Vroome (NED) (ITF-387) def (3)Klara Fabikova (CZE) (ITF-160) 6-2 6-3
Quarter final
(5) Jennifer Ren (GBR) (ITF-161) (WTA: 962) def Indy de Vroome (NED) (ITF-387) 6-3 6-1

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS

Last edited by Sasja : Mar 10th, 2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #2991
country flag Sasja

March 15th South Africa 2 - SATA JNR ITF 2010 - G2

1st round Indy de Vroome (ITF:291) def. Ilze Hattingh (RSA) (ITF: -)
2nd round Indy de Vroome def. Zarah Razafimahatratra (MDA, 4) (ITF: 94) 6-2 2-6 6-2
Quarter final Indy de Vroome def. Yana Sizikova (RUS) (ITF: 366) 4-6 6-2 6-1
Semi final Indy de Vroome def. Liat Zimmermann (GER) (ITF: 205) 6-2 7-6
Final Indy de Vroome def. Katerina Popova (RUS, 6) (ITF: 133) 5-7 6-4 6-3

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS

Last edited by Sasja : Mar 19th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #2992
country flag Brenda fan

Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
March 15th South Africa 2 - SATA JNR ITF 2010 - G2

1st round Indy de Vroome (ITF:291) def. Ilze Hattingh (RSA) (ITF: -)
2nd round Indy de Vroome def. Zarah Razafimahatratra (MDA, 4) (ITF: 94) 6-2 2-6 6-2
Quarter final Indy de Vroome def. Yana Sizikova (RUS) (ITF: 366) 4-6 6-2 6-1
Semi final Indy de Vroome vs Liat Zimmermann (GER) (ITF: 205) 6-2 7-6
Final Indy de Vroome vs Katerina Popova (RUS, 6) (ITF: 133)
This means she will already move up to about nr 185 in the juniors ranking
Brenda fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #2993
country flag Sasja

Indy has won her 1st G2 tournament
Not bad for a 13 y.o.

Final
Indy de Vroome (NED) def. Katerina Popova (RUS, 6) (ITF: 133) 5-7 6-4 6-3

Her ITF juniors record for this year is: 19-2 This is her 3rd title of the year (2x G4 and 1x G2). I'm interested how far she can go this year and in the future.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS

Last edited by Sasja : Mar 19th, 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #2994
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Indy
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #2995
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:26 PM   #2996
country flag Sasja

ITF ranking 22nd of March:

Indy up to 139 (was 291)

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #2997
country flag Sasja

Indy is RU at a G3 tournament in Spain this week, VIII Open ITF Junior Pilar De La Horadada 2010

1st round. Indy DE VROOME (NED) (2) defeated Szabina SZLAVIKOVICS (HUN) 6-0 6-2
2nd round.Indy DE VROOME (NED) (2) defeated Deborah DANZ (GER) 6-1 6-1
Quarter.....Indy DE VROOME (NED) (2) defeated Miriam CIVERA LIMA (ESP) 7-5 6-3
Semi final. Indy DE VROOME (NED) (2) defeated Kana DANIEL (JPN) 6-2 3-6 6-3
Final........ Silvia GARCIA JIMENEZ (ESP) defeated Indy DE VROOME (NED) (2) 2-6 7-6(2) 6-4

Indy & Ysaline Bonaventure (BEL) lost the doubles final to KAPITANY (HUN) / SZLAVIKOVICS (HUN)

But again a good week and she will enter the top 100!

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #2998
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Nice.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 04:38 AM   #2999
country flag Sasja

I was a bit too enthusiastic Indy has a new ranking of 113

Next tournament will be: 11th of May G2 La Vie Sport Junior Cup, Villach, Austria (clay)

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #3000
country flag Sasja

Roland Garros

Qualifying
QR1
Sabine VAN DER SAR (NED) (11) def Anais DEVILLE (FRA) 6-2 6-0
Polina LEYKINA (RUS) (9) defeated Demi SCHUURS (NED) 6-0 6-2
QR2
Sabine VAN DER SAR (NED) (11) defeated Fernanda BRITO (CHI) (3) 6-3 6-2

Singles main draw
1st round:
Richel HOGENKAMP (NED) def Jade SUVRIJN (FRA) 7-6 7-5
Veronica CEPEDE ROYG (PAR) (14) Vs Sabine VAN DER SAR (NED)
2nd round:
Richel HOGENKAMP (NED) vs Danka Kovinic (MNE)

Doubles main draw
1st round:
Richel Hogenkamp NED/Sabine Van Der Sar NED v Irina Khromacheva RUS (6)/Silvia Njiric CRO (6)

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS

Last edited by Sasja : May 30th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.