Francoise Abanda - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #1
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute
Francoise Abanda

Abanda Wins Major U12 Title in Auray
www.tenniscanada.ca
February 23, 2009

Montreal’s Françoise Abanda captured the girls’ singles Super Open 12 title in Auray, France on Sunday, defeating Russian Anastasia Rychagova 6-3, 7-6 to secure the championship. The esteemed event is one of the stops on the European Junior Tour.

Abanda, who is part of Tennis Canada’s national U12 program, performed incredibly well and did not drop a set all week. She steamrolled through the 22 country competition with a 6-3, 6-1 first round win over Bianka Bekefi, 6-1, 6-0 victory against France’s Océane Mouton, 6-1, 6-0 defeat over Spanish Paula Badosa Gibert, 6-3, 6-1 quarter-final win against France’s Victoria Muntean and a 6-0, 6-3 victory against France’s Vinciane Remy in the semis.

Abanda faced her stiffest competition in the final versus Rychagova, having to overcome deficits in the second set to earn the top prize.

“Françoise played a flawless first set,” said Andre Labelle, Under 12 program leader and national coach. “Even though she was down 4-1 and 5-2 in the second set, she never stopped fighting.”

The impressive list of past champions at this tournament puts Abanda in exceptional company. Previous winners include World No.1 Rafael Nadal, World No.2 Dinara Safina and two-time Auray champions Kim Clijsters and Andy Murray.

Abanda’s win is a significant accomplishment and positive progress. She reached the Round of 16 at the singles event and claimed the doubles title in 2008 alongside Daniella Silva (Winnipeg, Manitoba).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #2
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Francoise Abanda

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #3
country flag Anik

source: www.super12.org
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 04:25 AM   #4
country flag Wozzy4life

Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all

Is it just me... or does she really look like a chibi Venus Williams? ^^
Wozzy4life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #5
country flag Anik

not just you
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #6
country flag Anik

Old Jul 27th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #7
country flag Wozzy4life

Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all

An article in the Montreal Gazette about her and her sister Elisabeth... their story and everything!
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...989/story.html
I didn't know they were both so tall! Françoise is 5'10'' and she's only 13!
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 03:53 PM   #8
country flag Wozzy4life

Françoise receive a WC into the main draw of the Junior Canadian Open.
She made it to the third round beating the #15 seed on the way.

64 W Gabrielle DESIMONE (USA) 6-2 6-1
32 W Eri HOZUMI (JPN) 6-2 6-2
16 L Gabriela DABROWSKI (CAN) 4-6 1-6
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #9
country flag Sportgal1

Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice

Francoise is the 1st seed in the 29th All Canadian ITF Junior Championships 2011 (G5) this week. Good luck! Francoise is 14 now, so her senior debut should be coming up in seniors soon. She'll probably get a few Canadian ITF wildcards, at least I hope so.
Sportgal1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #10
country flag Sportgal1

Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice

Francoise won the All Canadians, then won a G2 in Morroco. That brought her ranking to 89, and now she should go up to somewhere in the 60's (just lost in the QF of a G1). She's the first 1997 girl in the top 100!

I must say, I was a bit disappointed that she didn't play in an of the Canadian ITF's, though.
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #11
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

good luck to her at the us open juniors.
she's the highest ranked '97.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #12
country flag BOEING 717

BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all BOEING 717 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozzy4life View Post
An article in the Montreal Gazette about her and her sister Elisabeth... their story and everything!
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...989/story.html
I didn't know they were both so tall! Françoise is 5'10'' and she's only 13!
I didn't know she was 5'10 but standing next to the runner up in the tournament photo had me convinced she was either real tall or the opponent was 4'6

Last edited by BOEING 717 : Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
BOEING 717 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 08:23 PM   #13
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

She just beat Barty in 3 sets at the can junior open.:wow:

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 06:00 AM   #14
country flag Sportgal1

That's an amazing win, especially since Barty just won junior Wimbledon! Keep going Francoise!
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #15
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Franckie loses in final of the G1 Canadian Open 3-6 6-1 7-5 to Eugenie Bouchard! She also reached the double final losing 3-6 3-6 against Bartyand her partner.

Amazing effort for her this week! She'll be in the USopen juniors next week, her first ever GS. Can't wait to see her new ranking

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote