Bianca Vanessa Andreescu - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 03:44 AM   #1
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Bianca Vanessa Andreescu

I Know it an bit early but I think Bianca deserves her thread! she 14yr old and has been having an great season this year. This is her first full yr really playing on the 18&U Junior tour and have won total of eight title this year along, her biggest title she won this year has been Les Petits As & most recent the Orange Bowl

Biography

Name: Bianca Vanessa Andreescu
Born: June 16, 2000 (14 years old)
Birth Place: Canada
Height : 5’5” (1,65m)
Right Handed: (Double Handed Backhand)
Trains: National Training Centre
Coach: N/A
Age Started Tennis: 7
Favourite Surface: N/A
Career High WTA Ranking: Unranked
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: 331
Current ITF Junior Ranking: 333

Titles Won & Achievements

2012: 12&U Wahlstedt-Junior-Future
2013: 14&U GU14 Indoor National Selection #2
2013: 14&U Pécs Junior Tennis Cup I
2013: 14&U UÖTV Oberpullendorf Europe Junior Tour
2013: 14&U Internationale Generali Bambini Cup
2013: 18&U Astra Team Ontario Circuit #1
2013: 18&U Welland Team Ontario Circuit #2
2014: 18&U Ontario Junior Closed Provincial Championships (Indoor)
2014: 14&U Les Petits As
2014: 18&U Copa Horizontes Amistad G5
2014: 18&U Ace Tennis U18 ITF Canadian World Ranking Event 2 G5
2014: 18&U South Carolina ITF G4
2014: 16&U Orange Bowl Junior

Double

2012: 12&U Rogers Junior Indoor National Championships
2012: 12&U Reinert Bärchen-Cup
2013: 14&U U14 National Outdoor Jr
2013: 14&U Bergant Memorial
2013: 14&U Pécs Junior Tennis Cup I
2013: 14&U UÖTV Oberpullendorf Europe Junior Tour
2013: 14&U Jufa ÖTV 2013 Europe Junior Tour
2014: 14&U Nike Junior International Teen Tennis
2014: 18&U Junkanoo Bowl G4

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews

Last edited by Trey : Dec 15th, 2014 at 04:06 AM.
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #2
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bianca Vanessa Andreescu

Here an Video on how Bianca Plays

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:11 AM   #3
country flag Trey

Andreescu Collect 16s Championships

Quote:
While Riffice's win was the first for a US boys since Alexios Halebian won the 16s title in 2009, girls 16s winner Bianca Andreescu just added to her country's dominance.

With eighth-seeded Andreescu's 7-5, 6-3 victory over No. 11 seed Dominique Schaefer of Peru, she became the fourth straight Canadian champion in the girls 16s.

The opening set saw Andreescu save a set point serving at 4-5, then pick up her return game at 5-5, hitting two return winners, the second on game point, to serve for the set. She double faulted to start, but got her forehand working on the next two points and Schaefer contributed to errors to give Andreescu the game and set.

Andreescu held serve throughout the second set and earned breaks in the fifth and seventh games to serve for the match. She didn't convert her match point in that game, and Schaefer broke, but Andreescu came up with some of her best play of the match in the final game, hitting a return winner, a forehand winner, a net cord winner, and on match point, a backhand winner.

"I didn't play my best, but she was missing and I was missing," said Andreescu, who uses visualization to help her handle the mental part of the game. "But I think I was more consistent than her and I was winning the big points, which helped me."

Schaefer regretted not using more variety as the match began to slip away from her.

"I played pretty well, but I didn't mix the ball around that much," said the 15-year-old, who lives in California. "I think she liked the pace and that's how I played, so I think I should have sliced a little more, mixed shots more."

Andreescu, who won the Les Petits As title in January and trains with Tennis Canada at the National Training Centre in Toronto, said she is playing the Junior Orange Bowl next week, but added a conditional "maybe."

Saying she was relieved that she wasn't the one to end the Canadian winning streak, joining Erin Routliffe, Gloria Liang and Charlotte Robillard-Millette, Andreescu had a simple explanation for their recent dominance.

"Canadians rock," she said.

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #4
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats BVA

Incredibly, Canada has won the under 16 Orange Bowl 4 years in a row

Bianca Vanessa Andreescu 2014
Charlotte Robillard-Millette 2013
Gloria Liang 2012
Erin Routliffe 2011

Before 2011 Canada had never won it. A clear sign that the Canadian tennis program is doing something right. No such result on the men side though.

But it looks like the U16 competition is not a huge garantee of future success, because I see only Bartoli and Dementieva in the recent years of the list, who wound up having great careers. The U16 is reavealing early bloomers, that's it IMO. Those who are even greater early bloomers, play with the U18 at 15 (Cici Bellis)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Orange_Bowl

Last edited by Djo-Coeur : Dec 15th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #5
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Footage from the Final of Petits As.

Look at that crowd for the final of an U14 tennis final.

Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #6
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
Look at that crowd for the final of an U14 tennis final.
It's always like that in Les Petits As, super packed
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #7
country flag Renegade65

Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future

By name she might have Romanian parents I guess... Nice season, congrats!

Muguruza | Bencic | Giorgi | Krunic | Cornet
Li Na
Justine Henin
Renegade65 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #8
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute

She has to be humbled by the fact that Cici Bellis at 15, was playing with the U18 girls. (Lost in Semis)
Perhaps there were others like her
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #9
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

U16 Eddie Herr & Orange Bowl are always kinda weak anyways because the good U14 girls tend to go and try their luck in the U18 draw directly... But what she's done is still great in all regards.
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #10
country flag Trey

Well she have won 4 18&U titles this yr so far (even through all the event were Grade 4-5 events). still and all that pretty good results considering it kinda her first full year playing on the 18&U Junior tour. I like too see how she back up her results next year through. also I wonder if she still planning on playing the Orange Bowl 14&U

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #11
Not impressed.

"Miami sun ��☀️#missinglauracrivei"

Looks like she's still in Florida so I guess she'll play
Old Dec 17th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #12
Not impressed.

She's playing indeed, and she's seed 5. Beat (LL)Macey L. Miller 1 & 0 in R1

R2 vs. Kacie W. Harvey
Old Dec 18th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #13
Not impressed.

Beat Harvey 3 & 3

R3 vs. Emily Seibold
Old Dec 19th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #14
Not impressed.

Beat her 6-3 5-0 ret.

R4 vs. Valentina Ivanova
Old Dec 19th, 2014, 09:00 PM   #15
country flag Trey

Keep it going Bee