Gabriela Dabrowski - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #1
country flag carretta

carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold carretta is a splendid one to behold
Gabriela Dabrowski

Pretty good performances from this 18yr old recently.
She beat Molik in the ITF in Vancouver last week.
Today, she beat Cohen-Aloro in the first round of qualifying in Montreal 63 62.
SHe's currently ranked #694.
Anyone know much about her?
carretta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #2
country flag Wozzy4life

Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all Wozzy4life is a name known to all
Re: Gabriela Dabrowski

She is one of the best juniors. She won Orange Bowl 2009.
Wozzy4life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #3
country flag Sportgal1

Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice

http://www.emcbarrhaven.ca/20101223/...+into+the+pros

She's going to try transitioning. She's already gone up about 100 places since August!
Sportgal1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #4
country flag Sportgal1

Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice Sportgal1 is just really nice

(3)Olga Puchkova (RUS) v Lateefa Brown (USA)
Skylar Alexandra Morton (USA) v Yolande Leacock (TRI)

Lizeth Ramirez (COL) v Sonya Latycheva (CAN)
(10)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) v Anastasia Kharchenko (UKR)

Qualification draw at the 25k Plantation! Good luck Gabby (and Sonya)!
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM   #5
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

will she play junior RG, right?
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #6
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxey View Post
will she play junior RG, right?
She was born in 1992, she can't play juniors no more.
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #7
country flag Sportgal1

After a pretty rough start to the year, Gabriela got a wild card into Charleston qualies. She won one round and is at a new career high of #482. She now qualified for the 25k Osprey where she'll face Caroline Garcia in the first round. Good luck and Happy Belated 19th Birthday!
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #8
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

She's doing well! She needs some big Challenger results in the next couple months!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 01:52 AM   #9
country flag Sportgal1

Yes, hopefully before she has to defend her points from the Canadian ITFs. Hopefully she got some confidence from the quali win, she was a pretty good junior and I didn't expect her to struggle this much.
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 01:54 AM   #10
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen her hit a few times where I play (Carleton)

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #11
country flag Sportgal1

Really? How does she look/play?
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #12
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute

Dabrowski has potential, it's more mental than anything else in my opinion.

Seen her play many times through the years, and she's always been a great athlete. Moves very well, solid game and competent moving forward as well. Only thing that held her back was her emotions, getting tight in pressure situations of a match. I think the fact that she didn't get a ton of international experience may have hindered her some in terms of getting that match play in and really learning to play through some of that, but she's shown improvement with confidence. I hope she will give the pro circuit a try for at least through 2012 to see where she's at. The American challengers early in the year are always tough especially trying to come through some of the big qualifying draws where you have a mix of good juniors and veteran pros battling it out there.
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #13
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportgal1 View Post
Really? How does she look/play?
Um...well I was't paying too much attention, but hard and flat... I think? Actually she was coached by the guy who owns the Carleton courts, Tony Milo.

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #14
country flag Sportgal1

Gabby reached a career high ranking this week #359 after reaching the final in Toronto. Hopefully, she takes this and builds on it, she doesn't defend any points at all until April next year. Congrats!

A nice article about her final by the Montreal Gazette http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...374/story.html

Last edited by Sportgal1 : Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #15
country flag Sportgal1

75k Phoenix

Q1: (3)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. Asia Muhammed (USA) 63 62
Q2: (3)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. Jacqueline Cako (USA) 63 62
QFR: (3)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. Romana Tedjakusuma (INA) 63 62

1R: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. (6)Alexa Glatch (USA) 46 62 62
2R: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. (Q)Kristie Ahn (USA) 61 62
QF: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. (4)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) 63 62

SF: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) vs. (8) Maria Sanchez (USA)

Nice job . I was a bit worried when her 50k final points came off, but then she goes and makes the semis at a 75k. Seems like a weirdly awesome last tournament each year is becoming a tradition. Should reach a new career high too. Nice to see her still plugging away. She's also ranked 138 in doubles currently. Good luck vs. Sanchez; if she wins she'll break the top 300.