Fed Cup 2015 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #1
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Fed Cup 2015

1er tour :

Tough one

Fed Cup 2015: Czech Republic v Canada in Canada
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #2
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2015

Tough indeed. We need Wozniack to get her act together and Fichman/Dabrowski to team up more often.
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #3
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Kvitova and Safarova can blow off the court anyone on the Canadian team. Tough tie ahead.

Fichman/Dabrowski were far from being impressive in Quebec City.
That tie will most likely be played in Western Canada.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #4
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

We have not seen peak Kvitova in the last few years and Safarova you never know with her...Obviously if Genie doesn't play we don't have a chance
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #5
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

She shouldn't have to feel "bad" to miss a tie. It's not her fault if our team is barely WGII worthy, if that, without her.

Besides, the SFs would most likely take place in Canada (during the clay season/preparation) and the final is on November 15-16th which would cut-off two to three weeks from her off-season.

Genie will have tons of points to defend next season, it's not the team to carry dead weight.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #6
country flag guichard

Except we could have won the last two tie without her (with the visiting teams best players opting out)
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 03:09 AM   #7
country flag guichard

ARIS – The fate of the Canadian Fed Cup team for 2015, in its first venture in to the World Group I octet of tennis nations, was decided Wednesday in Paris.

And they will play the Czech Republic, which is a daunting task. But they will play them at home.

Here is the official, obligatory, canned press-release quote (these things are generally so weak) from Fed Cup captain Sylvain Bruneau, who has been in Paris through the French Open doing his Fed Cup captain things.

“This will be our first World Group tie and the team knows that no matter who the opponent, it will be a very talented team that is one of the best in the world. This is very true of the Czech Republic as they have solid players and lots of experience winning in this competition. We are very happy to be playing at home again as I believe it makes a difference to have the support of your home crowd. Even from the last tie against Slovakia, the core players on our team have improved so much. We now have another eight months to take further steps and be ready in February to try and win Fed Cup.” http://opencourt.ca/in-2015-the-cana...et/#more-10155
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 03:23 AM   #8
country flag Brad1973

Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice Brad1973 is just really nice

I'm trying to imagine what the team will look like in February. With Dubois retiring and Fichman and Wozniak injured, Abanda may be Canada's #2. She's never played Fed Cup before.
Brad1973 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 04:49 AM   #9
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1973 View Post
I'm trying to imagine what the team will look like in February. With Dubois retiring and Fichman and Wozniak injured, Abanda may be Canada's #2. She's never played Fed Cup before.
Fichman started training again https://twitter.com/sharon_fichman/s...36043216543744. It is still long time to go before February, we will see how they (Fichman, Dabrowski, Abanda) performs in the coming months.
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 03:32 PM   #10
country flag Wiggly

The team will be Genie, Françoise, Sharon and Gabriela. They don't have anyone else anyways.
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM   #11
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute

Canada will get slaughtered if Kvitova is there
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 08:59 PM   #12
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
The team will be Genie, Françoise, Sharon and Gabriela. They don't have anyone else anyways.
Well the real question is who will be the 2nd singles player ?

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old Oct 8th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #13
country flag guichard

Fed Cup 2015

Canada vs Czech will be at PEPS of Laval University in Quebec City

https://twitter.com/fedcup/status/519945394953154560

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Oct 9th, 2014, 03:05 AM   #14
country flag Wiggly

Interesting to see they didn't go for Western Canada as they will rarely have the chance to see her.
Quebec City is COLD at that time of the year.
Old Nov 27th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #15
country flag Wiggly