The Juniors - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #1
country flag canuckfan

canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute
The Juniors

Wow, it's been quiet here lately.
So here's a thread to talk about Stephanie, Aleksandra, Katarina, Ekaterina, Melanie, Valerie, Stephanie W., Tania, Sharon and all the other juniors.

At the Argentina Cup (grade 2), Ekaterina Shulaeva have beaten the 1st, 3rd and 10th seed to reach the final where she lost to the 6th seed Jozami. Zoricic lost in the 2nd round to a good british player. Shulaeva and Zoricic reach the quarters in double.

This week it's the Ascension Bowl(grade 1). Wozniak, Zoricic and Shualeva are all supposed to be in the main draw. And after that, it's the Banana Bowl, and good news: Sharon Fichman has commited!
canuckfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 02:12 AM   #2
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute
Well E-kat had a great run this week. Im so happy for her. And i so can't wait for the return of young sharon. Hope she kicks some ass.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 04:30 AM   #3
country flag ~CANUCK~

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute
Alex is kicking ass this week. She is in the semis of a grade 1. Keep going
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #4
country flag canuckfan

canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute canuckfan has a reputation beyond repute
Alezk is in the 3rd round at the Banana Bowl. She'll play Theodora Mircic. She shoudn't have much problems. And Sharon have beaten Magdalena Rybarikova (54th in the world) She will play Agnes Szavay (14th in the world) next. She might have a shot because Rybarikova defeated Szavay last week. Good luck to both!
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #5
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
great effort for Sharon, and a very gutsy performance to win such a nailbiter! Hopefully she's not too tired and will go for it against Szavay

Aleksandra's got a pretty reasonable draw but in the juniors you never know who's going to come through on a given week so hopefully Aleksandra is up to the task and will be able to keep up her form for the rest of this tournament
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #6
country flag blerr

blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future
Aleksandra Wozniak def Teodora Mircic 6-4 6-3
Agnes Szavay def Sharon Fichman 6-1 2-6 6-2

Strong tourney for Sharon none the less. Great job by Aleksandra, I hope she can keep it going! Wozniak now plays Szavay, the 3rd seed. Hope she can win!

_shorty_ (thx to CD for info)
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #7
country flag ~CANUCK~

Alekz
Sharon good week for you though, you are young and have a great career ahead of you
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #8
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Alekz is playing great great tennis so far this year.

Sharon is very impressive. At 13, to take a set agasint a top 15 is no easy task, esp in the third round of a Grade1!

I see Alekz killing Agnes, at least I hope so. She has a good draw to the final, with Marcio there in the bottom!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #9
country flag canuckfan

Nice Job Alekz If she beats Szavay (wich should be somewhat difficult), she's definitly on her way to the final, probably against Kleybanova. But we shouldn't talk too soon because Alekz and Steph have the bad tendency to lose in the quarters...

Great run Sharon! She should be around 150th in the world next week, wich is very good after only 3 international tournaments. She might be the best 1990 born in the entire world right now . And I think she's still alive in doubles. Does anyone has doubles results?
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 03:21 AM   #10
country flag ~CANUCK~

Yup she is in the semis of the doubles, and with the new ranking system thats huge. Sharon is awesome. She was the best 12 year old last year. Now i would say she is the best 13 year old. I so can't wait till she is 15-16 and #1 in the world in juniors.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #11
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should wait before saying that...We had some great junior talents who turned out todo just nothing (popescu being the best exemple!) and at 13, not all the young girls know all their talent and start to travel around the world....You know steph dubois only started juniors at 16, and she was the best junior last year for Canada and should ahve been in the top 10!

I really hope Sharon becomes one of the best, but it is very early to say that! You know Sesil is only 14 and already wins some indian wells matches!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #12
country flag canuckfan

I think Sharon is a prodigy by canadan standards, maybe not by world standards. It's the first time that one of our players dominates her age group internationnaly. Marie-Eve, Melanie, Alekz and Beier weren't beating top 50 players and their first few tournaments. Yes Sesil and Alysa are winning WTA matches but I don't think Sharon has the training regiment that these girls have and she probably doesn't have to win at all cost to make sure her brothers and sisters are eating well (wich is the case for some eastern-europeans). And Sesil and Alysa are (with Krajicek and Vaidisova) truly exceptional players who dominate the juniors the same way Hingis, Kournikova and Dokic did.

If she continue like this, Sharon will for sure reach top 10 or maybe top 5. But I don't think it will happen until she's 15 or 16. She'll progress in a canadian way. And the key is really a constant progression because a lot of our players seems to peak too early. For example, Kat Zoricic was really good when she started, giving good fight to top players, but she has not improve as fast as the other players in the last year and now she struggles to stay in the top 100. On the other hand, Stephanis is the best example of a good progression.

It will be interesting to see if Tennis Canada will send to many tournaments this year and if she'll play the Slams. If she does, I see her in the top 50 by the end of the year.

And I think cdpoulin said that she seems to be a good doubles player. I fully agree. She's is doing great in single but she is doing awesome in doubles so far: semi final at the Eddy Herr (G1), winner at the prince cup (G4) and now semi final in her first Grade A. And she did all that without playing with top players. It's great to see a canadian girl having success in doubles because Steph and Alekz are rather inconsistent...

So keep up the good work Sharon!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #13
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

Yeah her double skills really seem great! If she is like Hingis, as some people said, it could be good for doubles also! And with the recent cahnge in the rankings, double is finally important lol...

I never saw her play, i can't tell if she got it or not. I saw Steph and Alekz, clearly they have *it*. Steph really impressed me in her match vs Arvidsson, she has such great anticipation! Alekz has great power from every wing and is better mentally than Steph.

I never was impressed by Beier though. I think her game isn't good enough to become a big player in the future, her attitude isn't really that good... I think she got good strategy though. As for Shualeva, i was really disappointed, she ahd reallyn nothing special. Just a good player.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 04:36 AM   #14
country flag I_AM_Canadian

I_AM_Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point I_AM_Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point I_AM_Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point I_AM_Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point I_AM_Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point I_AM_Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
if she is this good, hopefully she will get to top 10 by the end of the year,
of course not by the way Julia did anyways, it's good to be young, but you have to work hard too, too bad we cant train Sharon like the US does to Ashley H etc. or Australia does to Oliva, and yet the Canadian girls are not starving enough for them to strive for matches, there's gotta be a way to motivate them and nurture them, good luck TC
I_AM_Canadian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 04:08 PM   #15
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

Tetreaul just wn her second title in a row!!! She best Percy in the finals 6-1 6-3

So that makes 5 titles for canada in the past month, plus one final, one semi few quarters and so far a semi for Alekz Great job girlz!