Blast Girl II:Goolagong - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 5th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #31
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Maybe Pam is secretly policing the 'information superhighway', alfa?

So who Did Evonne lose to in the 1980 Aussie? Was it JoAnne Russell? Mima Jasovec? Anyone know?
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #32
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute
It was Jausovec Mark37: 6-4 in the third. I've no idea where Jausovec was ranked at that point but it wasn't the most clement of draws for Evonne, that's for sure.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #33
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks AndyT! I couldn't recall who it was. Didn't Russell beat Evonne earlier in the year at a Slims event in Boston?

I was very surprised that evonne entered the 1980 Aussie Open. She had announced that she was pregnant about 2 or 3 weeks before, so I assumed her season was over. I think this is when SaggyT got on her case about appearance money.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #34
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute
You're GOOD Mark37! I just checked and JoAnne Russell beat Evonne in the first round at Boston in 1980.

In Australia, Madge was the Empress, Evonne the Queen and Saggy Tits Turnbull never really graduated above "Lady"-in-Waiting". It couldn't have been easy for her.

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #35
country flag Mark43

Yeah, it is too bad she wasn't offered appearance $$$. She could have used it for a nice lift + filler injection.

Okay, so who is the person who started ragging on SaggyT first?
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #36
country flag Andy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark37
Yeah, it is too bad she wasn't offered appearance $$$. She could have used it for a nice lift + filler injection.

Okay, so who is the person who started ragging on SaggyT first?
I think it was Daze11 but can't be sure.

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #37
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T
I think it was Daze11 but can't be sure.
What's all this about saggy tits and Wendy? She was here last year with Chris Evert for our annual exhibition, and I didn't notice anything sagging on her. In fact, she has no tits to speak of whatsoever- solid pound of muscle I thought! (and a beautiful backhand)
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #38
country flag Mark43

That's good to hear. I thought she was looking quite hefty, the last pic I saw - but this was at least 4 years ago.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:52 PM   #39

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark37
That's good to hear. I thought she was looking quite hefty, the last pic I saw - but this was at least 4 years ago.
She's hefty alright, but in the same way as Jennifer Capriati, if you catch my drift. She's alot bulkier and thicker of quad than I remember her in her playing days. She's also one of Chris' close friends- and Chris has mentioned her fondness for "the rabbit" many, many times over the years.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #40
country flag Mark43

Bump!
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 05:37 AM   #41
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
I've added some in 1970.

I'm hoping Evonne will be easier than Wade because her career was shorter. Even so, she may have gotten to 1,000 match wins.

If you have results please post or send me a private message. Even a few events saves lots of time
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:31 AM   #42
country flag Andy T

This is coming on so well Rollo. I'll have a look for some of the periods you're missing and see if I can help out.

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 04:37 AM   #43
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Andy-the 1975 results have already been a big help

Andrew Tas mailed in every Goolagong event he has a record of.
Here's a to Andrew-it makes this whole project a ton easier!
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #44
country flag Andy T

That's fantastic Andrew! Bravo!

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #45

Please don't take this post the wrong way, AndyT, Rollo, Brian, and everyone else who contributes all these stats and facts, but as Andy knows, I'm so much more into the game itself, and quite frankly, would rather talk about Evonne's backhand overhead than look at cold, sterile numbers. I am very thankful for all the research and work that everyone has done- I couldn't do it, and when it's all finished (will it ever be?) it will be a comprehensive resource.

My question is, what are you guys going to do with all this wealth of statistical data? Send it to the International Tennis Hall of Fame with a proviso that they update their records and make them available to the WTA and the general public?