The Famed and the Flamed - Mary is FAMED #3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 12:35 AM   #1
country flag educ00

educ00 is an unknown quantity at this point educ00 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Famed and the Flamed - Mary is FAMED #3

Check this out from www.********************
One of those fun articles/rankings:
& this is from last week.

Enjoy,
E.C.

The women: Kimmy's up, Jelena's down

By Matthew Cronin

Fred Mullane/Camerawork USA

Pierce: This two-time Slam winner continues to show her grit.
FAMED

1. Kim Clijsters: Back-to-back stomps of the Paris and Antwerp fields showed that when Justine and the Williamses aren't around, she's easily the best player out there. But does that really matter to her anymore?

2. Vera Zvonareva: The upshot is that she won her second title in Memphis. The downside is that if she played to the best of her ability, she'd have taken out Lisa Raymond in straight sets. That's what Top 10 players are all about.

3. Mary Pierce: If Mary had her 1996 body and her 2004 head, she'd be threatening the Top 4 all year long. That she reached the Paris Indoor final should tell the teens a lot about the meaning of desire.

4. Silvia Farina Elia: If you like Italian Renaissance styles, take a gander at the 30-year-old's Silvia use of deep colors in her all-court game. However, she dropped her brush in the Antwerp final against Clijsters.

5. Karolina Sprem: Croatian teen bangs her way into the Antwerp semis while former Roland Garros champ and countrywoman Iva Majoli was on a plane to a Challenger in Minnesota. Similar hair, similar fearless attitude but Sprem hasn't been tested on the big stage yet.

FLAMED
1. Jelena Dokic: Only manages three games in a loss to her nemesis, Petra Mandula, in Dubai and has no idea why she can't keep a ball in the court. She's frankly too mentally troubled to become a standout player again.

WTA

Will Stevenson cash in on her potential?
2. Lisa Raymond: Sure, she reached the Memphis final, but she let go of three matches points against Vera Z. If Lisa can't win a Tier III indoor crown in the US, she has little hope left in singles.
3. Myriam Casanova: Wasn't this Swiss supposed to be the next best thing after Hingis? With her 6-1, 6-2 loss to Clijsters, she'll be fortunate to have Schnyder-like success – on court, that is.

4. Laura Granville: How she went from a two-time NCAA champ to a Lisa Raymond's Memphis-patsy is beyond us. This Chicago-ite has to be better than this.

5. Alexandra Stevenson: Has this "future Wimbledon titlist" won a match this year? Any time in the last seven months? Say hello to the minor leagues, Samantha's little princess.
educ00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #2
country flag Mark Spruce
I think I am falling in love !!

Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks so much for the post.

regards

Mark

My MARY PIERCE SITE !!!

Where Is Love I Have Not Found Her Yet

Mark Spruce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #3
country flag stu-pot

stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point stu-pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

There's no-one quite like Mary!!

Bye,

MARY PIERCE CAN DO IT

COME ON MARY

TIFFANI-AMBER THIESSEN

JUSTICE FOR KIRSTY MacCOLL
stu-pot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote