Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:29 AM   #61
country flag jellybelly

jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light
USA Open 1999 when she destroyed Martina Hingis

Where can I find a Serea Avatar?
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2006, 07:31 AM   #62
country flag jellybelly

jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light jellybelly is a glorious beacon of light
excuse me but that horrible person "tennislover" bad repped me and now I am in total red! I had so many green reps before
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 09:25 PM   #63
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybelly
excuse me but that horrible person "tennislover" bad repped me and now I am in total red! I had so many green reps before
that horrible person bedrepped you because you had bedrepped him (without any reason) with this rude comment : "you suck"

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 04:28 AM   #64
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When (and why) did U become a Serena fan??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post
GREEN LIGHT!!
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 05:54 PM   #65
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

i'm serena fan since 2000 i think and i become one because when i started to watch tennis she played for me the most attractive & best tennis
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #66
country flag doris_hdz

doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future doris_hdz has a brilliant future

i'm serena fan since 2000
doris_hdz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #67
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

SERENA, SERENA, SERENA!!!!! Babygirl is my heart...
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Jan 21st, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM   #68
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

I fell in love with Serena at the Australian Open where she played Venus in the third round. Althought she lost the match, there was something about her. I found her to be the more attractive sister and she showed fire and desire even in a losing effort. Since then she has been my heart. I
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #69
country flag The_roof

The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of

Hi, everyone!

I'm new to this forum but i already like to be here so much!!!!!!
It's great that so many Serena (and Venus) fans can chat about different things, express their opinions, etc.

(Sorry for possible mistakes as English is not my native language)
This is my story:
Actually, i've become a true fan of both Venus and Serena since US Open 1999; then i couln't really watch tennis matches live as i didn't have the Internet or sports channels, so i was just following every sports news on TV or on the wireless and reading sports columns in newspapers in keen anticipation for the news that Vee or Rena had just won...
Ever since we had bought a satellite dish back in December 2001 I have been watching their every match (and still do) esp. in Grand Slams and supporting and rooting for them like crazy!!!!! I think I won't be able to put it in words properly but I love everything about Serena and Venus: the way they play, their classy fashion statements on and off the court, the way they speak and conduct interviews, their goddes-like bodies...
Sadly, but my family members can't understand how on Earth I can root for Williams when I live in Russia and ,of course, must support the likes of Shutupova , Demented-ova , Petrova , Kuznetsova .... I don't get this!
I do like Myskina and Safina though
Really, I think anyone has the right to like whoever they choose regardless of their nationality, age, sex, etc. I personally don't give two hoots about who says what as long as they don't say nasty things about my favourites(Venus, Serena and Roger);

My favourite Venus's moments arevery inspiring and sincere)
Wimby 05 SF & F
US Open 00 SF & F
2000 Sydney Olimpics QF & F
Wimby 03 QF & SF
Miami 01 F

... and Serena's: (so difficult to choose from)
AO 07 all the way
AO 05 SF
AO 03 SF
Indian-Wells 99/01 F
Miami 02 QF, SF, F
FO 02 SF
Wimby 03 QF,SF & F
UO 01 4R, QF!!!!!!!!!!!, SF!!!!!!!!!!!(my favourite Grand Slam of 21st century)
There were many sad moments and disappointments too , but i try not to keep them in mind and always look on the bright side!

Good luck to Venus/Serena and their fans all around the world!!!!!
The_roof is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:24 AM   #70
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following both sisters since the early '90s when they were kids. A local sportscaster here in LA, Jim Hill, did a story on two little girls from compton whose father was predicting they would be #1,2 in the world. I gotta admit, I just dismissed what he was saying as just talkin' head. But I did start to follow them. I was disappointed when I heard they'd moved to Florida, but I still kept track- really of Venus, because that's who all the big noise was being made about. By then, the tennis elite was starting to get in the act and give their opinions about how wrong Richard was for not having them play a rigorous Junior's schedule, blah, blah, you guys know the history, but it was mainly all about Venus. Then finally, though I'm sure it wasn't the first time he'd said it, I read where Richard said that the YOUNGER was even better than the older. That really got my attention. About '97, when she beat Mary Pierce (whom I love) and Monica Seles, I was hooked. She was the lowest ranked player ever to have defeated two top 10 players in one tourney. I think she was in the 300s somewhere. Of course, if you'd asked me at that time is she was my fave, i'd probably have said that Venus was. Then in '98 when she lost to Vee at the AO, I started favoring Serena. I hated the way the announcers were talking about her- dismissing her, even though she was already making a historical climb up the rankings.

Anyway, in '99, here in LA at Manhattan Beach (before the tourny moved to Carson) my wife and I were seated on the first row RIGHT BEHIND Serena!!! It was the semi and she was playing Hingy. there had been a lot of noise talked between both camps at that time. This was the first time I'd seen Serena play live. She was amazing. She looked like she was some kind of female superhero (speaking of which, "Heros" is on tonight, Yes!). Now I know everyone THINKS the cat suit was invented in '02, but let me tell ya. Serena was warmin' up in the Cat suit as early as '99!! That was fun to watch. I had to look like I wasn't enjoying it too much though, I was with the wife. Anyway, we cheered soooooo hard for Serena. Ain't no way she couldn't of heard us! I know Richard thought we were crazy. At that time, he was VERY accessible. He's truly a nice man, though these days much more reserved.

At the end of the match(she won 3 and 5), when she was hitting autographed balls to people waaaaaay up in the stands, she took a ball signed it and practically walked right up to us and tossed it to ME!!!!!!! DONE! GAME OVER! FAVE FOR LIFE! That sealed the deal!!!

That's how it happened for me! Anyway, sorry it's so long.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #71
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
At the end of the match(she won 3 and 5), when she was hitting autographed balls to people waaaaaay up in the stands, she took a ball signed it and practically walked right up to us and tossed it to ME!!!!!!! DONE! GAME OVER! FAVE FOR LIFE! That sealed the deal!!!

Oh wow, you're so lucky DF.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #72
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I mean- that's so crazy, right. There I was, a grown azz man with a 17 year old girl as his favorite Athlete on the planet! She has remained so to this day.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 06:10 AM   #73
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know, I mean- that's so crazy, right. There I was, a grown azz man with a 17 year old girl as his favorite Athlete on the planet! She has remained so to this day.
No, there's something about Serena. I'm a grown ass 46 year old truly hetrosexual woman who's obsessed with a 25 year old woman. I just want to be close to her, but watching her play is good enough, because I know we'll never be close friends, but that is my desire. Everytime I see her, she puts a smile on my face, no matter what's going on in my life. I can't describe the feeling. It's weird.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #74
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyway, in '99, here in LA at Manhattan Beach (before the tourny moved to Carson) my wife and I were seated on the first row RIGHT BEHIND Serena!!! It was the semi and she was playing Hingy. there had been a lot of noise talked between both camps at that time. This was the first time I'd seen Serena play live. She was amazing. She looked like she was some kind of female superhero (speaking of which, "Heros" is on tonight, Yes!). Now I know everyone THINKS the cat suit was invented in '02, but let me tell ya. Serena was warmin' up in the Cat suit as early as '99!! That was fun to watch. I had to look like I wasn't enjoying it too much though, I was with the wife. Anyway, we cheered soooooo hard for Serena. Ain't no way she couldn't of heard us! I know Richard thought we were crazy. At that time, he was VERY accessible. He's truly a nice man, though these days much more reserved.

Great Story! I made several trips out to Mahattan Beach back in the day as well. I was happier when the event moved to the Carson Center though, closer to Long Beach- where I used to live. So it appears as though we're neighbors
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #75
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

OK I always liked Venus and Serena in the late 90's but I became a big time fan in about 2001. I have always liked her confident attitude. I loved and still to love her game I mean her power and athletism are just awesome to watch and I love watching her just swat away winner off the second serve. I love her outfits and her bling. I mean she is such a great fashion officionata and does her own thing and stands out and does it with confidence. She is one of the true all time personalites and have brought so much to the game. I also love it when she stares down her opponents and her intensity on court is almost unmatchged its scary at times. I will always be a fan of Serena
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote