Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:56 AM   #31
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute
i'm a fan of both venus and serena and i don't really remember when i became a fan, it was about the time that i first started getting into tennis as a whole. it was probably wimbledon 2001 because that was the year that i fell in love with tennis, i was rooting for both goran and venus that year. after that i always rooted for the all williams finals and i watch their matches whenever i can. this past october i saw my first live tennis match and i got to see venus play in philadephia against mauresmo, sadly she lost but i still loved seeing her. hopefully i'll get to see serena play soon. i'm going to wimbledon this year and i would absolutely love to see both serena and federer. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed overall i just feel like they've done a lot for the sport, and also outiside of tennis, all around they are good rolemodels for a lot of people. they had a goal, and a lot of people didn't believe that they could do it, and they did which was so awesome.

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!

"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:06 AM   #32
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute
Here goes....I was living in Hamburg, Germany in 1997 and CNN worldsport did a special segment on two players who are from a rough and tough neigborhood being trained by their dad.

I dont know what area it was but it was pretty shady... anyways they kept on practising, and had a no nonsense approach to what they were doing...

The reporter was like..look out for the william sisters in the years to come, and i think it was next year that they made their mark....

First it was Monica Seles and Sanchez Vicario for me but then it became Serena...I loved her game and realized that if she played to her top ability she truly is unbeatable. I STICK TO THIS FACT EVEN TODAY... I dont think any player on the tour can match serena when she is at her best...

I guess another reason why I am a fan is cuz of the fact that I can relate to them since they are also a minority and I'm also part of a minority....+ she seems like a nice person too.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:50 AM   #33
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal
Here goes....I was living in Hamburg, Germany in 1997 and CNN worldsport did a special segment on two players who are from a rough and tough neigborhood being trained by their dad.

I dont know what area it was but it was pretty shady... anyways they kept on practising, and had a no nonsense approach to what they were doing...

The reporter was like..look out for the william sisters in the years to come, and i think it was next year that they made their mark....

First it was Monica Seles and Sanchez Vicario for me but then it became Serena...I loved her game and realized that if she played to her top ability she truly is unbeatable. I STICK TO THIS FACT EVEN TODAY... I dont think any player on the tour can match serena when she is at her best...

I guess another reason why I am a fan is cuz of the fact that I can relate to them since they are also a minority and I'm also part of a minority....+ she seems like a nice person too.

Nabalonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #34
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, thi topic became important!

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #35
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute
this thread is proof that serena fans come from all walks of life. WS fans get labled into this small group of fans who only support serena or venus, and who are not 'real fans'. the truth is we are really diverse, come from around the world, and not only are we some of the most knowledgable fans around, a lot of us support tons of other players on tour.

hello to everyone new

SHARAPOVA- who's up next for a beatdown? SERENA- underestimate her if you want, it's your funeral! SHAHAR-
official 'good fella' of the maria mafia
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 06:01 AM   #36
country flag VeeReeDavJCap81

VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute
I became a Serena fan after she won the US Open in '99. I was intially a Venus fan, and just thought her younger sister was a spoiled brat. Then I realized she was the real deal after she won her first slam. She's been my favorite player ever since.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 07:17 AM   #37
country flag Dasha_

Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute
I became Serena fan in 2000, when she lost to her sister at Wimbledon SF. Untill then, Venus was my #1 favorite, and Serena was on second place, but since then it all turned arround.
And I will have no other #1 favorites as long as Rena keeps on playing tennis, no metter how successfull she will be...
And, just like loving Serena, I will never stop loving Venus and Ana Ivanovic.
My favorites list:
1) Serena
2) Ana Ivanovic
3) Venus
All the other players don't count as my real favorites.
"I dream of people watching me holding up my third Wimbledon trophy... Most of all I dream of being a good person to all that are inspired by me I dream of having girls, women, boys, men being fond of not only what I have done on the tennis court, or on the big screen or what I design but I dream of what people think of me as a person.
I dream that people think of me as a giving person as a person that
loves life and is fun to be around." - Serena

Old May 6th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #38
country flag Staticbeef

Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future Staticbeef has a brilliant future
Monica came first, the classic "REBEL", hard worker and genuine "Nice Girl" how could one person possess all those qualities?????Then I fell under the spell of Vee's Science, she seemed to be out there all by herself fighting against the world, quiet, determined and very young. When I first saw Serena (I forgot the Tourney) she was playing in Europe and took like 900 bathroom and trainer breaks, then she came back on the court and had to retire from the match She was so shaken and obviously upset because she had to retire, that I felt sorry for her. I said to myself, oh well she is finished, and then she came back the very next Tourney and rocked, excuse me ladies, no disrespect intended, but I started noticing that world class body and was amazed at the efficiency and purpose that she flung all that womanhood around the court she was fast, strong and very feminine, then I started listening to her interviews, She is also very funny, by this time she had stolen my heart. Serena reminds me of many of the women I have met in my life, the ones that I remember are truly amazing, she is one of a kind, and I will support her in anything her sweet little heart desire. Gonna buy some of the new Aneres longere (for my Girl ) and continue this love affair that is solely in my head.
Staticbeef is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:44 PM   #39
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisjunky
this thread is proof that serena fans come from all walks of life. WS fans get labled into this small group of fans who only support serena or venus, and who are not 'real fans'. the truth is we are really diverse, come from around the world, and not only are we some of the most knowledgable fans around, a lot of us support tons of other players on tour.

hello to everyone new

Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2005, 02:02 AM   #40
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede42
Hi Stef, well I can truly say I'm a die-hard Williams' fan. But, Serena is my favorite. I think I fell in love with her when she beat Martina Hingis in the US Open for her first grand slam. I was a die-hard Billie Jean fan back in the day. But, after Billie Jean retired, I kind of lost touch with the tour and the game of tennis. I've never really seen Steffi play and I probably wouldn't have been a fan, since I would have been rooting for Monica in those days. Then Venus came along after Serena and took her first GS at Wimby and then the US Open and repeated the next year. I really got into the game then. Around the next year 2002, Serena really started to come into her own and winning titles. She plays with such intensity and I admired her style of play. The strength and accuracy, the cunningness and the serve. She had the whole package. Contrary to popular opinion, I do not think she is out for the count. I think she is waiting to come back 100% and she is going to blow everyone off the court again. I can't wait for the day to see Justine's fans crying in their beer, when Serena whips her like a step child again. Serena just always comes through for me. She has the desire, so lacking in everyone else on the tour. You can never count her out. That was never so aptly displayed at AO 03 during the semis against Kim. She came through and started to own Hingis, then JenCap and now she's going to come back and reclaim ownership of Justine. I believe it. I believe in her.

GO SERENA!!
Well, that was me when I was DeDe42 and I still feel the same. Didn't I tell you she'd come back and come back she did winning the first slam of the year. I think she really wants Wimby again, so Ms. Maria and the rest need to watch out.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #41
country flag serenafan08

serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute
I became a fan of Serena when she tore through the field at the '99 US Open. I play tennis, and I'm the only black player on my team, so it was really neat to see another black player doing well in a predominately white sport. The way she bullied Hingis in the final was so mesmorizing!!! After I saw that match, I wanted to play just like her. I went out and perfected a similar service motion to Serena, my forehand and backhand are similar to hers, and I try to hit with the same power that she does (even though I'll probably never hit the ball like her!). Even though she sort of fell into a slump between 2000-2002, I still loved her. I love her game, her outfits, and her personality on the court. I have really come to admire her fighting spirit. Serena is a perfect example of this: As long as you're still on the court, there's still a chance to win - no matter what the score is. When she really started dominating in 2002-2003, I was in heaven! Never have I seen a woman strike a tennis ball like that. I don't think I ever missed one of her matches. The way she just blasted her opponents off the court was incredible. It's so funny because I started to take on some of the same qualities of Serena!!! My serve was one of the best on my tennis team, my forehand was my weakest shot, and very few people could outhit me on the court! In 2004, after she came back from her knee surgery, my respect of Serena reached a new level. Seeing her compete when she clearly wasn't at her best really made me admire her even more. The fact that she still plugged away when it seemed like everyone around her was better really made me value the fighter in her. She was still a factor in most tournaments even though she wasn't one of the best!!! That says a lot about the type of person she is. Serena is incredible. She's a role model for all aspiring black players because she has defied the stereotypes. I will always support and love Serena.

5 AO ('03, '05, '07, '09, '10), 2 FO ('02, '13)
5 Wimbledons ('02, '03, '09, '10, '12), 5 USO ('99, '02, '08, '12, '13)
serenafan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 05:37 AM   #42
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenafan08
I will always support and love Serena.
Yep, yep
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 07:43 AM   #43
country flag DolceVuitton

DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light
I became a Serena fan in 2000-2001 I just really liked the way she played she was awesome! I also like the way she displays great sportsmanship and the way she can turn things around when they are bad and make such a great comeback! A star and class act Serena is!

Kim Clijsters
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Andy Roddick
Roger Federer
Amelie Mauresmo

GOOD LUCK! 2005 Season is here!
DolceVuitton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #44
country flag RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR

RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is a name known to all
Thumbs up

I forget,but probably in 99 when she beat Hingis in US open. I love her powerful game and her tough attitude on court.
You knew how I loved you
But my spirit was free
Laughing at the questions
That you once asked of me
Do you know where you're going to
Do you like the things that life's been showing you
Where are you going to
Do you know
Now looking back at all we've planned
We let so many dreams
Just slip through our hands
Why must we wait so long
Before we see
How sad the answers
To those questions can be

Cheer for:Tomita,Juanita
RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #45
country flag wurzelman

wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute
Probably when I first saw her at Wimbly, but I can' remember what year. I only started fancying her last year though. She has a really nice personality, and I like both the Williams' voices. They are really soft and gentle and nice to hear.

All the best to: Serena , Nicole, Ana, any other young players.
And all the Brits.
wurzelman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote