Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #16
country flag DeDe4925

DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisjunky
Ten years from now it will be interesting to hear the new girls on tour talking about how they were inspired to play because of Serena. I always hear Americans complaining about no new superstars in their juniors but give it sometime. Serena has impacted millions all over the world so her effect in the states will be profound. Of course it will take at least 10 years before we see it.
You can change DeDe42 to DeMond. I'm the same person. Didn't the crew used to be floaters or something?
DeDe4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #17
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMond
You can change DeDe42 to DeMond. I'm the same person. Didn't the crew used to be floaters or something?
I reached a 500 character "Max" so I had to make some edits, too bad because I wanted to add all the people who post here regularly- oh well.

SHARAPOVA- who's up next for a beatdown? SERENA- underestimate her if you want, it's your funeral! SHAHAR-
official 'good fella' of the maria mafia
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:29 AM   #18
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
(bump) I thought I'd bring this topic back up... it's a very positive thread and it's fun to re-read...
Admiral: Kim Clijsters
Lieutenant General: Elena Dementieva
Major General: Myskina

nominees for Brigadier General:
Venus, Golovin, Lindsay, Petrova, and Pierce
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:57 AM   #19
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm.........I thought I'd post!

I remember, it was Wombledon 2002. I had just gotten out of school, and was at home chilling, and I saw Venus and Serena being interviewed by Paula Zahn on CNN's American Morning, and they had just competed against eachother at the French Open, and I said "Hey, let me watch." I had known who the Williams Sisters were since they came out, but I didn't know much about them except they were African-American girls who apparently dominated tennis. I guess I had assumed that Venus and Serena were winning every major, all the time.

So I woke up and watched Wimbledon. I don't remember much about specific matches, but at that point I loved both Venus and Serena's physical presence, and I thought it was cool and kinda sexy that Serena had blonde hair. So I watch them dominate Wimbledon, end of story. I'm a fan at this point, but not a fanatic.

Over the summer, I catch every Kournikova match on TV, I caught one Venus match, and noticed a news clip of Serena losing to Chanda Rubin. I saw the look of total disbelief for those 3 seconds after Rubin's match point, and I thought, "Wow, this girl really likes to win!" and then in her post match interview where she said, "You have to play great tennis to beat me," and that utter comfidence and aplomb (another word she taught me, LOL) and I was really leaning toward Serena. For some reasons, Venus' matches didn't really get my attention, they were boring to me, although I wanted her to do well.

Day 1: The US Open, Serena's opening match vs. Morariu. I noticed she had on the leather coat and shorts, and I thought, hmmmm, Whats that? When she took it off and stepped on court, and I saw her in action, she became my favorite then, at that point!

Then, the Australian Open 1R cemented her status as my favorite, especially Serena's choice words towards Loit, (I loved that for some reason!) and then her match against Clijsters drove my dedication into the ground. For some reasons, I just could not see Venus as a fighter, and her expressionless play just made me snooze on her. After those two matches, I couldn't even get excited for the final, all my tennis energy was spent.

But thats my story of how I discovered Serena Williams!
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 05:18 AM   #20
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustIncredible
Hmm.........

Day 1: The US Open, Serena's opening match vs. Morariu. I noticed she had on the leather coat and shorts, and I thought, hmmmm, Whats that? When she took it off and stepped on court, and I saw her in action, she became my favorite then, at that point!
Admiral: Kim Clijsters
Lieutenant General: Elena Dementieva
Major General: Myskina

nominees for Brigadier General:
Venus, Golovin, Lindsay, Petrova, and Pierce
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #21
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute
there isn't a specific time that comes to mind, it seems like it was the moment Serena hit the scene i took notice and since then ive been in awe of her talent. im also a big maria fan, but she comes second to the queen serena. it seems that each time i see serena play i fall more and more in love with her. she truly has that something about her that makes her a diamond in the rough, not to mention shes beautiful!!
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 12:07 AM   #22
San888

San888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hooters
San888 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #23
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
The thing about Serena is that she embodies everything that a tennis fan should be and have. That determination to never quit, be the best, that flair and personality that brings all to attention - you literally cannot turn away. I've been a fan since her first final with Venus -- ever since then it's been Serena #1 with me.
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #24
country flag andyec

andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice andyec is just really nice
I saw Venus play first. She was so athletic. I loved her muscles and her serve. Then I saw Serena. She was even more muscular than Venus. I never thought I'd see a player physically stronger than Matina Navratalova,but Serena made Martina look like a weakling. It was great to see two black women finally winning tournaments on a regular basis.
I fell in love with Serena's biceps,her thighs,her curves,her smile,her style,her sense of humor,her intelligence,her determination-and also her serve,her power strokes,her going for broke all the time which often resulted in incredible winners,her speed in getting to balls,and her winning Grand Slams after finally breaking through against Venus.
There's nothing better than watching Serena play when she's at her best. Injuries have slowed her down, sometimes she makes way too many unforced errors,and sometimes she just has a bad day,but when she's on she's the best there ever was.
andyec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #25
country flag Dana Marcy

Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute
I was a Venus fan first. Serena really impressed mewhen she beat Steffi at Indian Wells. Richard had always said that Serena was more talented but I never bought that and still don't. She's just more confident than Venus.
Dana Marcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #26
country flag tennisjunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Marcy
I was a Venus fan first. Serena really impressed mewhen she beat Steffi at Indian Wells. Richard had always said that Serena was more talented but I never bought that and still don't. She's just more confident than Venus.
i'm not sure who's more talented but serena is the better tennis player. every ingredient you need to be great serena has and isn't lacking in any of the major departments. i like venus but i don't think it's an accident that serena has acheived more and i don't think it was an accident that serena prevented venus from so many major titles. serena has prevented a lot of people from major titles, in that regard, venus is just another player across the net.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:51 AM   #27
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisjunky
i'm not sure who's more talented but serena is the better tennis player. every ingredient you need to be great serena has and isn't lacking in any of the major departments. i like venus but i don't think it's an accident that serena has acheived more and i don't think it was an accident that serena prevented venus from so many major titles. serena has prevented a lot of people from major titles, in that regard, venus is just another player across the net.
Well said!

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #28
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becool
Well said!
I second that...

While I think Venus is more talented, Serena is a greater tactician, thinker, and fighter out there. So the fact that Vee is more talented is irrelevant, because all of her abilities cannot compare to the fire that is inside of Serena Williams.

Now if she would get her ass in the gym....
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #29
country flag deep bass

deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of deep bass has much to be proud of
Can't remember when specifically, just liked watching her, she was a breath of fresh air for the game. I enjoy seeing Serena express herself on court, I like emotional players. She also carries herself well on court regarding bad line calls and such. It's fun to watch her smash rackets though!

Just like to add that one of the classiest moments in tennis for me was after the 'hand' match at RG, with all the disgraceful behaviour by some of the spectators, seeing Oracene stay and applaud JHH off the court. The TV commentators mentioned it too. Not many would have done that.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Angelina Jolie

Go Bepa Z Williams X 2 Danka Masha Nastya Ana Bally
deep bass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #30
country flag Bankhead Bounce

Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold Bankhead Bounce is a splendid one to behold
when she won the us open the first time.
Bankhead Bounce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote