Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM   #271
Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When (and why) did U become a Serena fan??

Just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd share my story. I've always been a big Serena fan even though I never really posted in her forum. I became a fan in 2002, i was 7 then. I remember that the WS and the Belgians were the Semifinalists for a couple of slams in a row. Each time i admired Serena's fight not only against Kim/Justine but also against her own sister Venus. She was so determined to get to that all-sister showdown and once she got there, she didn't give a shit who she was playing, she just made sure she got the win. So inspiring
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM   #272
country flag ct101ct

ct101ct has disabled reputation

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you could help with a twenty-five word or less on who's your favourite tennis player of all time and why?
Yours is probably Serena.

Cheers, Charlie
ct101ct is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #273
country flag <Majmun>

<Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of <Majmun> has much to be proud of

HI

I became Serena Fan after watching my two mental midgets lose constantly and Serena clinching the Grand Slams. I had to find a motivation to watch tennis after JJ and Ana would lose midway thru the grand slam so i decided to follow Serena.

She is the only one consistantly geting to the finals and in process keeping me intrested enough to stick to watch it even after two of my favourites have been eliminated. Plus she has a good personality and i find her attractive so that's a plus.
Serena & her tities

"Ta burna pijana noc kad sam rodjen bas kao na poklon nekom svom. Ta burna pijana noc otkad umirem bas kao za pokaj nekom svom. Zbogom noci budi s drugim bolja, U gradu ce skoro dan."
<Majmun> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #274
country flag Annie.

Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody, I'm new here!

I became a Serena fan back in '99 when she won her 1st US Open. She is just so much fun to watch. She has so much personality. And I love how she rebels against the tennis establishment and does things her own way.
Annie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #275
country flag Monirena Wiles

Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of

Welcome to all the newbies!
Monirena Wiles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM   #276
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

I became a Serena fan in 2007 when she defeated Maria Sharapova in the Australian Open final. I like Serena personality, her power. She is a legend. She is strong and unstoppable on the court. Serena is one of the all time great fighters. I'm her fan.
I would like to see Serena on the tennis court, because tennis needs Serena.

Serena, please come back soon!
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 12:44 PM   #277
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

My fandom with her went through a bunch of phases

'00 Wimbledon semis is when I first saw her. I was following Venus that entire tournament, and it wasnt until the semis when I found out that she had a sister. But I liked her right away.
Then she became my #1 when I saw her compete in that shitty match vs Jen in the QFs of Wimbledon the following year.
Her '02 Scottsdale run made me turn into a mini-stan and I started following more than just the slams.
But I didn't realize how much I truly loved her until the summer of '04 after the USO incident and the way that the tennis world was dethroning her after the Wimbledon final. That lit a fire up my ass and I've been a full out stan ever since.

As for why I became a fan, I could be here explaining for days.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM   #278
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

I always knew of Venus and Serena as celebrities but never followed tennis so I was not a fan.
In late 2008 my friend was watching ATP Shanghai Masters and I never knew he was a tennis fan. I learned the rules of the game and during the Australian Open 2009, the first Serena match I saw
was the semifinal with Dementieva and I was like Whoa, this chick has so much power and attitude, so the time I watched the final with Dinara I was like "I'm a fan now".
Maddox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #279
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a while. I've been a Serena fan since the 2007 AO final.
Novichok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM   #280
country flag lacigirl

lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light lacigirl is a glorious beacon of light

Hello fellow fans… I’m a long time off and on lurker. I became an admirer of Serena before she was famous. As a kid, I would spend 6 months out of the year with my dad in Compton. In the summer time I was allowed to go to the park to skate.

One summer my dad was so busy with work, I would go to the park almost everyday. It was that summer that I first saw Serena. She and Venus were practicing with their father, mostly on their serves. One day they were out there serving all day… from morning till almost night time. Hard work is something that was always enforced at my home, which is why I admired Serena and Venus for working so hard consistantly as kids.

Anyways, my dad would speak to their father from time to time. Richard always seemed stern to me… just like my dad was LOL. I didn’t see them after that summer anymore because we moved away to the valley for some years.

The next time I saw Serena was on TV in 1999 when she was contending for the US Open. My dad and I were fighting because I hadn’t decided on a college to attend or if I was going to go at all. I had just graduated H.S. (Go Tarter Babes... If there are any Compton H.S. people are reading this).

I believe it was Serena’s 4th match that was on. My dad came into my room excited (he is not easily excited)… he was saying “That girl is on t.v.! That girl is on t.v.!” I went to go see and yah, it was the girl from the park all grown up. I thought Serena was Venus at first but then the announcers kept saying the younger sister. My dad and I watched her whole run to the championship. We didn’t fight about college after that because we were too happy about Serena winning and her coming from Compton LOL.

I have been a fan ever since.

*~ Laci Gurl ~*
lacigirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #281
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

This is my first post so hello to everyone here.

To be honest I never cared about Tennis too much, but I heard so much in the news about the sisters and their smashing winners that one day I decided to finally watch a match. Serena just blew me away. Through the years I kept following her game as much as I could but it still wasn't in depth as my other hobby/love took almost all my free time. In 2009 after Wimbledon I turned to Serena again - for good. Since then I have been discovering things I never knew before and I am so happy Serena is out there playing again, because without her the WTA tour would be plain boring.
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #282
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacigirl View Post
Hello fellow fans… I’m a long time off and on lurker. I became an admirer of Serena before she was famous. As a kid, I would spend 6 months out of the year with my dad in Compton. In the summer time I was allowed to go to the park to skate.

One summer my dad was so busy with work, I would go to the park almost everyday. It was that summer that I first saw Serena. She and Venus were practicing with their father, mostly on their serves. One day they were out there serving all day… from morning till almost night time. Hard work is something that was always enforced at my home, which is why I admired Serena and Venus for working so hard consistantly as kids.

Anyways, my dad would speak to their father from time to time. Richard always seemed stern to me… just like my dad was LOL. I didn’t see them after that summer anymore because we moved away to the valley for some years.

The next time I saw Serena was on TV in 1999 when she was contending for the US Open. My dad and I were fighting because I hadn’t decided on a college to attend or if I was going to go at all. I had just graduated H.S. (Go Tarter Babes... If there are any Compton H.S. people are reading this).

I believe it was Serena’s 4th match that was on. My dad came into my room excited (he is not easily excited)… he was saying “That girl is on t.v.! That girl is on t.v.!” I went to go see and yah, it was the girl from the park all grown up. I thought Serena was Venus at first but then the announcers kept saying the younger sister. My dad and I watched her whole run to the championship. We didn’t fight about college after that because we were too happy about Serena winning and her coming from Compton LOL.

Great story, thanks for sharing
Maddox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #283
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

hello newbies

we are all attractive on the inside

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #284
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacigirl View Post

How wonderful to personally watch Serena come full circle. Welcome.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #285
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am only 16 so I didn't really become a fan until later...but the first time I can vividly watching her and cheering for her was the '03 Hopman Cup and Australian Open and thats when I became a real fanatic.