Barbara Schwartz Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #16
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome back,Babsi!!! I'm very pleased to read this.Best of luck!!!

Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:43 PM   #17
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Good news,my fellow Babsi fans!

BAbsi won her opening match in qualies with a good victory over Laura Pous Tio (4th seeded) 6-2 7-6
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #18
country flag Grachka

Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute
*bumpette*

Babsi retired 0-6 0-1 to Remis in the second round of Linz with strained abdominals, but its all cleared up now and she's playing again!

She played the $50,000 Palm Beach qualifying tournament, and won her opening round against third seed Chin-Wei Chan (TPE) 63 76(3) before falling to Canadian Heidi El Tabakh 60 57 57 .

Here are her latest comments!

"Hi guys! After a long time of practise at home and my comeback start at Linz, I'm on tour again, travelling, at the moment in the U.S. with my coach, Thomas Strengberger. According to the fact that I could recover from my Linz injury pretty quick, the journey to come here was was an important point for me. I was at home for such a long time and I wanted to go somewhere else again, play somewhere else. The tournament here in Florida was a great motivation for me and I played a good qualifying 1st round. I saw that sometimes I'm not sure about my decisions, that I need more matches to be more confident again. That's what was missing in the 2nd match and so I lost. I had enough chances but I couldn't finish the match. My coach helps me a lot to get through this and to find out about how I can play and what I need to do. Thomas and me, we will practice here for another week and stay. I have so many thoughts on my mind and I appreciate the silence here and the chance to practice outside with warm weather. When I get back I have a qualifying Wild Card for a tournament in Italy [Grachka: Bergamo $50K] which is a great chance for me. I keep you updated, Babsi.

Good luck Babsi!

Saori Obata

Born : April 23rd 1978
Residence: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5' 5" (1.65m)
Weight: 132 lbs. (60 kg)
Plays: Left handed
Career Prize Money: $652,031
Highest Singles Ranking: 39 (Feb 9th 04')

ITF Titles: Augusta (2005), Gifu (2005), Fukuoka (2003), Port Pirie (2001), Jakarta (1996).
WTA:
Finalist (1): 2003 - Tashkent.
Semifinalist (1): 2003 - Bali.
Quarterfinalist (6): 2004 - Birmingham; 2003 - Memphis, Pattaya City; 2002 - Bali; 2001 - Tokyo [Japan Open]; 2000 - Shanghai.
Grachka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #19
country flag Bероника

Babsi received a WC to compete in Bergamo this week.She has to make it through qualies,but she started with a good,convincing win.Way to go,Babsi!!!!

Qualies:1st round

(wc)Barbara Schwartz v Annalisa Bona 62 62
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #20
country flag Xian

Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute Xian has a reputation beyond repute
Babsi
Xian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #21
country flag Grachka

Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute
Babsi!

Here was her pre-Bergamo Diary:

Hi guys! Today I came back from my U.S. tour. In the tournament I lost 2nd round in qualies very close, but I had my chances. The time afterwards my coach Thomas Strengberger and me, we used it for some really good practice in the warm climate. The surrounding was good for me...physical as well as for my mind. I was home for the past 1 1/2 years, much too long and the warm climate helps my past injured body parts to get better. Playing was great and I got a good feeling, so i'm really looking forward to the next tournament. After my arrival today in the morning I had an exam for my coach education and afterwards I was with my family. So now I have to pack a few things, because I'm leaving to Italy tomorrow morning. Thanks to the tournament director I get a Wild Card for qualies there, which is great. Keep your fingers crossed, I'll keep you updated. All the best and enjoy christmas time, Babsi.

Saori Obata

ITF Titles: Augusta (2005), Gifu (2005), Fukuoka (2003), Port Pirie (2001), Jakarta (1996).
WTA:
Quarterfinalist (6): 2004 - Birmingham; 2003 - Memphis, Pattaya City; 2002 - Bali; 2001 - Tokyo [Japan Open]; 2000 - Shanghai.
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #22
country flag Grachka

WC Barbara Schwartz AUT d. (8) Laura Zelder GER 64 61

Q3: WC Barbara Schwartz AUT vs. Tanja Ostertag GER

Good luck Babsi!

Saori Obata

WTA:
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #23
country flag Grachka

Babsi is in the middle of a extended training schedule

Hi! One practise week is over and the next just started. I had real muscle ache and was tired from the new exercises. Nevertheless, it was very interesting for me to learn more about the practise. In the last week I had some lactate measurements to check, if I train in the right interval. My ears look like that because I'm really shy when giving my blood. At this point I want to say thankyou to the IMSB, because I already have my second home there. I really keep the people there very busy. At the weekend I really needed to regeneration, I also got a bit sick and very tired therefore. In the past months some bad things came together and I also didn't have success at the tournaments. So this preparation now is very important for me to get back my self-confidence. I now will relax from my practise day...I had tennis, a run and gym today. Hope, I don't get sick. I'll write soon again. Yours, Babsi.

Saori Obata

WTA:
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #24
country flag Bероника

Babsi is competing in Caserta this week,qualies:

(13)Barbara Schwartz (AUT) v Nicole Buitoni (BRA) 63 62