Lindsay's reti...dont like that word..FUTURE!! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:36 PM   #16
c2

c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice
Besides, L needs to win her career golden slam before she retires...

LINDSAY.... ahhhhhhhhh (the crowd goes wild!)
c2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:50 PM   #17
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
just got the new issue of ace magazine..right near the backin 'tournament preveiws' at the very end it says...

".....but the title holder wont win again. Lindsay Davenports career is in trouble after requiring ANOTHER operation on the knee she damaged last year.."

I thought this op was her first on the knee..or am i wrong? if i am then when and what was the othe op for???

any one know..
theres also a pic of lindsay advertising for eastbourne and one about a good lob shot
Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:34 PM   #18
country flag shirley

shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Not Good

This ain't the news we want to hear. It's not good. We must remain positive

*Kilmarnock FC: Scottish League Cup Winners 2012*

Juan Martin Del Potro

World Cup 2010 Prediction Joint Champion
shirley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:55 PM   #19
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
it took me a long time to answer to this ... because i was contemplating what to say ... anyway ...

there would be no one ever like lindsay, in my opinion, but i love women's tennis enough to stick around. lindsay would always have a wonderful place in my heart because she was the one who got me into tennis. as i have said myself before, i was crazy about lindsay so much that i created a whole club for her!

even so, lindsay would retire some day and we will face that eventually. i would want that the club be NOT disbanded even after her retirement because we have shared a bit of ourselves as TOPs and that would never change. we can remember everything about lindsay for ever!

what about it guys?
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

BBT Belligerent Bliss on Twitter BBM Belligerent Bliss on Multiply
jacs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:57 PM   #20
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
dont worry guys, lindsay has been through more that you think. she wont let this operation hit her as bad as she would want it to
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

BBT Belligerent Bliss on Twitter BBM Belligerent Bliss on Multiply
jacs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2002, 01:14 PM   #21
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
KELLY, I read that in ACE and felt a bit miffed but Richard Eaton always in my mind seems to have a bit of a down on Lindsay. I think he was referring to her one operation this year and not to another one. He probably thought she had an operation last year. Unless I have misinterpretted and she has had another Op recently. After all we knew she would not be back before May at the very earliest. Lets keep positive for her guys, Linds will come through this!!

JACS - I would like us to keep TOP going after Lindsay retires - as you say we have all given a part of ourselves in supporting Lindsay so strongly and I would so miss you all. Hopefully we have a few years before we have to do this but it is good to consider our options for the future.

LETS KEEP LINDSAY AND TOP FOR POSTERITY.

Jan

Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2002, 02:58 PM   #22
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
I haven't got my new copy of ACE yet!

I think the guy himself has missunderstood. Perhaps he thinks that Lindsay has previously had an op on her knee because she was out for a while last year with knee problems (Madrid, RG retired from one of the US hardcourts vs Dementieva in March).

I'll still follow WTA even when Lindsay retires. As I always say to my sister - "Lindsay rules the court! ".

I will always remember Lindsay for her great matches and most importantly for getting me into tennis in the first place! Yes, like every other British citizen, I watch Wimby EVERY year - with out fail and loved it! But I'll always remember the Olympic final 1996 was when I really started supporting Lindsay.

Lindsay's been the only player who I've had as a favourite, and it will be hard to sort of find someone else to support. The time hasn't come yet, I'm sure we'll still have at least another 3 years left.

GOOOOOOOOOOO LINDSAY!

-Rachel
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2002, 12:03 AM   #23
Lola

Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice
I was heart-broken when Steffi retired and it will happen again when Linds retires. But Lindsay will recover and continue to play tennis for us. No need to get sad now. Let's hope she will be back by the end on march and let's enjoy her on court.
Lola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote