a TOP project ... interested? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:23 PM   #1
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
a TOP project ... interested?

hello TOPs,

i have thought of this idea whilst hitting heavily with my tennis racket and thinking hopelessly of lindsay. sigh ...

anyway, i was thinking of making a lindsay career timeline that we can look to and marvel and remember the good and not so good times during lindsay's career.

our aim is to make this as thorough, preferably from 2001 and backwards.

example:

2001:

ao - semifinal
toray ppo - winner
etc, etc

WE NEED WRITE UPS, PICS and other stuff like this ...

come on guys, i know this would require a bit more effort but it would be a great way for us TOPs to bond together more (i mean, besides our passion for parties )

OH AND GOOD NEWS! JAN IS COMING BACK SOON!

COMMENTS and others post here!
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

BBT Belligerent Bliss on Twitter BBM Belligerent Bliss on Multiply
jacs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:29 PM   #2
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
A great idea jacs, I'll see what I can root out with being head spy and all. It seems that I'm now able to post from uni now - I now use internet explorer instead of netscape - I've just figured it out!

I can try to scan in the Lindsay intervievs from ACE magazine and post them here if you want. Then we could get a couple of her trophey pics next to the tournies where she was a winner!

Catch you later,
-Rachel
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:35 PM   #3
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
that's great rache!
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:06 PM   #4
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
jacs -

that seems like such a good idea! im up for it too, though i dont know how many pics id be able to get. i could try to get as much as i can when you want it! just let me know!!!!
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:58 PM   #5
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
i'm up for it. dont have a clue how to put pictures on. just a thought though..how are we gonna do cos we will all be posting stuff at diffeerent times and possibly double the info.

so i thought that all those who want to get involved will be dedicated a year...eg jacs-1994 etc etc. or someone could be incharge of getting pics for certain years..just an idea.

well im up 4 it......as usual

just let me know what u want me to do....but remember i cant do the pics...sorry
Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:03 PM   #6
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

niftymk & kelly - great! i was actually thinking of maybe assigning years to TOPs ... quite difficult though as not all of us are here.

and pics are not the only thing we need ... we also are in search of results, injury times, exhibitions played, TV guestings, or that sort ...
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 01:28 AM   #7
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
i'm actually quite excited about this..kind of a TOPS bonding thing....or not! well jacs..u have my support. i have most of lindsays singles results from last season..i keep a diary dedicated to her results....is that a bit sad
Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2002, 01:29 AM   #8
c2

c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice
sounds great jacs.. I volunteer.. hopefully for one of the years when she won a major
c2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2002, 02:17 AM   #9
country flag Maajken
Miss Verstand

Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future
Great idea jacs. Id love to help

Och du håller så hårt och när längtan blir svår
Så är jag din, din, din att ta med
Att ta ut, att ta in i någonting nytt
Maajken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2002, 02:24 AM   #10
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly
i have most of lindsays singles results from last season..i keep a diary dedicated to her results....is that a bit sad
LOL! That's not sad at all!!!

im sure that someone could find pictures off the sanex site - they have loads of them and probably in archives - and then there was this site where i got my avatar from (though i cant really remember what site it was....oops). so, just let me know and ill start looking!
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:13 AM   #11
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

WOW! CHECK IT OUT!

WOW! i found this great site when i was searching for stuff:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/lindsaydavenport/

its so amazing! it has pics (which i didnt check out, but im sure r fantastic) which stretch from '97-'99! not only that, but it has the career highlights which stretch back all the way to '91!!!! amazing! it also has some articles (a couple) that are all about lindsay. and also, it has the specific statistics by year in both singles and doubles from '97-'99!!! i was amazed! so if you want, feel free to check it out!

if you need any info, its still comin' - im still checking and searching for stuff. also, if you want, i can post that stuff from the site and post it here (or in the new thread if that's being made...). just let me know!!!!

YAY LINDSAY!!!

- i think im a little bit of a spaz! lol! catch ya later guys!
Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:31 PM   #12
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Here are a couple of sites that might be useful, one's really great and is regularly updated and the other hasn't been updated since Lindsay won the Aussie Open in 2000 LOL

This is the really good one, with updates, pictures, stats and results:

http://home.das-berlin.de/lindsay_davenport/

This is the not so great one but it does have some useful stats etc, it also has lots of links to interviews & articals-even one from '96, so I guess it's not so bad, it just doesn't get updated:

http://www.lindsaydavenport.org.uk/

Hope this is useful for you guys

-Rachel
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2002, 03:55 AM   #13
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

all these are so great guys! good work TOPs! keep the research coming.

and kelly, no dear, you are not sad. i used to do clippings of every lindsay tournament before. and i computed rankings. now that's worse, LOL.

okay, ive been thinking about this and ive decided that maybe we should do it as a group. so that the 'bonding' maybe better for us all. it may take sometime but it would be more fun that way. i guess

okay, let's start from 1991 .let's find as many things we can about lindsay from that year. post them here.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:03 AM   #14
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

ok, so i cant find a lot of stuff out there, but i did find one thing. in 1991 it says that she was named the female junior player of the year by TENNIS magazine YAY! . well, thats the latest. i dont know if there's any more stuff out there just b/c that was way @ the beginning! ill keep looking for stuff!

go lindsay! f
Old Feb 8th, 2002, 02:23 PM   #15
country flag Kelly

Win/Loss record for 1991

Year-1991
Titles-0
W-L Hard-1-2
W-L Clay-1-2
W-L Grass-0-0
W-L Carpet-0-0
W-L Indoor-0-0
W-L Outdoor-0-0
W-L Grand Slam-1-2
W-L 3-Set-0-1
W-L 4-Set-1-0