Nicole Pratt - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #976
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole Pratt

Just heard on Fox Pratty is retiring!!

Congratulations on a long and very enjoyable career Nicole!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #977
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Pratt retired

I thought sh wanted to play Olympics ? I think she should continue playing doubles.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #978
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

I watched the match on fox. Pratty had heaps of chances in the 2nd set. Problem was, she couldn't scramble as much or get enough on the serve due to her knee injury. Most of her leg was strapped up with magnets attached. Apparently, this morning there was doubt she'd even be able to play.
The 1st set was as awful as the score says, but the 2nd set was much closer. She did well.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #979
country flag smit101

smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all smit101 is a name known to all

Yes nicole pratt has retired, this will be her last tournament in both singles and doubles! A great career for her, she looked very sad, she was very teary in her post match interview as she would be and was very red eyed on foxsports.

Jelena Jankovic...Daniela Hantuchova...Marion Bartoli...Lucie Safarova

Official Photographer of Don't knock the Dok
smit101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #980
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Pratty Thanks for your contribation to Aussie tennis

Good luck in the future

Bye Pratty
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:56 AM   #981
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Pratty!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM   #982
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Goodness me. This is quite shock as I had thought she would go after the Olympics as she had indicated. She was a star for us over the years when we had very little else. Always in main draws, playing so many Grand slams and I am sure guiding the young ones coming up. Funny thing is her creer outlived so many of these she was mentoring! Good luck to her. I hope she stays involved in Australin tennis somehow.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #983
country flag SeanyQ

Tearful Pratt calls it quits

January 15, 2008 NICOLE Pratt, one of the stalwarts of Australian women's tennis, has played her last match.

"This is it," a tearful Pratt said after losing in the first round of the Australian Open.

"My last tournament, my last match."

The first to admit she was far from the best her country had produced, Pratt said she still achieved more than she thought she would in a career that started when she was 15.

"I pretty much did everything I could, I gave it everything I had," Pratt said.

Pratt's retirement came in her 50th grand slam tournament and 18th Australian Open, but it was far from a sudden decision.

One of the greatest tributes to the 34-year-old from Mackay in north Queensland is that she has been among the world's top 100 players for all but one of the past ten years and boasts an all-time high of 35.

The last match came against Russian 14th seed Nadia Petrova who inflicted a straight sets defeat on the Australian.

It was also indicative of what the diminutive Pratt has been up against for much of her 20-year career.

"I've been competing against that type of player for the past three or four years," she said.

"I've been able to match it physically even though I'm smaller because I use my speed."

But a knee injury and subsequent surgery late last year took away that asset, leaving Pratt more vulnerable to the modern style of player.

"I can't compete against those players with one-and-a-half legs," she said.

"There just comes a time.

"I always said that if I can't go out there and compete against the best players in the world and feel like I can win, then I'm not interested.

"That (performance) told me today."

Pratt had been an institution in Australian Fed Cup teams, not missing a year since 1998.

She had also represented Australian at he Sydney and Athens Olympic Games.

If there was a positive aspect to her retirement it is that it opens the door for a young Australian to not only graduate to the national stage, but to the top level of a game she said has become "stagnant".

"If an Australian player wants it bad enough, it's there," she said.

"The game is a little stagnant now ... the top players can be beaten."

Pratt won one singles title on the WTA tour - the Indian Open, and nine doubles titles.

Pratt will continue to do media work on television, but is hoping to coach a touring player.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23216,00.html
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #984
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Hope it's an Aussie touring player. Be a real shame to lose her expertise and talent to other kands....
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #985
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

wasn't able to get out to watch pratty, sad to see her retire, it's been a great career, best of luck for her future

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #986
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Sad to see her go, but on recent performances it is probably best for her spirit that she go now. However, I think she is an inspiration to everyone, not just tennis players, of what can be achieved if one is determined enough. I know she was never top 10, nor did she win a grand slam, however she managed to live her dream for close on 20 years.

Good luck Pratty with whatever you do. You are a winner and I hope you stay involved with Australian women's tennis and help them to achieve what you have and more.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #987
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see her replace David Taylor as either AIS Head Coach or Fed Cup Captain...

This is a sad day for Australian women's tennis. Thank you very much Nicole for all that you have done for Australian tennis. You are truly an inspirationing force of perseverance, fitness and mental toughness. You have had an outstanding career and I wish you well for the future. You have done Australia very proud over the years and you will be sorely missed...

goodbye...
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #988
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

She also made something like 4 million dollars. So I would take her career anyday .

She played well last year, I thought she could keep that up this year, but I didn't realize she was injured.

Good luck to her, hopefully she helps out Australian tennis and helps the young ones make the most out of their talent like she has
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #989
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

I heard an interview with her on Radio Sport 927. Her knee has been giving her trouble since 1991!!!! when she had her first arthroscope then.
She wasn't 100% certain of retiring prior to the match but had told all her family and friends to come down to Melbourne as this maybe her last AO. After the match she made her mind up then. She wasn't even in the media room at the time. She was chatting to some journos and dropped the news then and shed a tear which was caught on camera.
Looking forward to media work, coaching and not having to get out of bed and train!
She spoke about Fed Cup and said that with her retiring it creates a spot for a young person. Didn't suggest who it might be though.
Was asked about Australian women's tennis and said that things are looking a little better in the last year. Felt that we had a chance of getting 8 or so players in the top 100 and 4 or so in the top 50, which would then allowthe players to feed off each other and breed some on-going success.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #990
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on a fantastic career nicole! i can definitely see her in the position of fed cup captain in the future!

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote