French Open 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #1
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
French Open 2012

With the clay season underway and only 6 weeks to go I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

The Main draw Entry list will be used with this weeks rankings, meaning we have: Stosur, Gajdosova, Rodionova & finally Dellacqua sneaking in to the draw with Clijsters withdrawal.

Rogowska and Dokic are 16th & 18th alternates respectively and will need a miracle to make it in. These two and Barty are the obvious choices for the wildcard. With Barty seemingly getting one for Wimbledon I think it will go to Olivia.

Qualifying entry list will be based on April 30th rankings:

Olivia and Jelena will be IN. If Monique can make a final or win her event this week she has a chance to make it in. Isabella looks very unlikely to make it as her 50 pts from winning Karshi last year will be taken off JUST before the entry list is made. With some withdrawls/Wildcards she MAY sneak in.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #2
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: French Open 2012

What about Sacha? She should be right around the cut-off for qualies.

I also think that it will be a toss-up between Liv and Ash for the MDWC.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #3
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Depends what they do in the clay season.
binky-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #4
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
What about Sacha? She should be right around the cut-off for qualies.

I also think that it will be a toss-up between Liv and Ash for the MDWC.
I keep forgetting she's Australian now! yeah she will make it 90% sure. Bobusic is a very outside chance as well but she hasn't played in a while?

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #5
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Konta's ranking should be high enough to get into qualies too, won't it? That'll be an interesting addition to the mix.
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #6
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Will she be like Arina Rodionova and be able to represent GBR at the slams like she does for AUS? Is that an ITF thing or just an Australian thing? If so it will be interesting to see what she chooses!

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #7
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I think something went wrong with JoKo's form, maybe an Aussie like snatched it

When is Arina becoming Aussie?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #8
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Same as it took Anastasia and Jarmila I guess... maybe sometime next year or so.

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #9
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Dokic better not get the WC. Liv should get it and Barty Wimbledon.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #10
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

But TA isn't giving Barty the Wimbledon WC, she gets it because she won the juniors.

If Ash performs better than Liv in the clay season, she should get the FO WC
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #11
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
But TA isn't giving Barty the Wimbledon WC, she gets it because she won the juniors.

If Ash performs better than Liv in the clay season, she should get the FO WC
I don't think she's playing anywhere? She's not on any entry lists leading up to the French.

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #12
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I can't see Dokic getting either the French or Wimby WC. I would imagine from here she is going to be on her own merit or she won't be in.

I would prefer they give the FO WC to Liv rather than Ash. At this time ranking for Ash is irrelevant, she is only allowed to play so many tournaments, so why not give Liv the opportunity to push towards top 100 and hopefully DE to the USO.

I would imagine Sacha will be on the cusp of making qualies if she gets thru R1 against Bouchard. As someone else mentioned if Mon wins in Uzb this week she should also make it. Mon did win her second round today.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #13
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
I don't think she's playing anywhere? She's not on any entry lists leading up to the French.
She's playing a G1 in Italy in the 14th, but the seniors entree lists from 7th of May are not released yet, so she might play 1 or 2 senior clay tournaments.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:11 AM   #14
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Qualy draw is out people.

(12) Olivia Rogowska VS Shuai Zhang (CHN)
Sacha Jones VS Sandra Zaniewska (POL)
Isabella Holland VS (24) Iryna Bremond (FRA)

Sacha has the toughest draw. Zaniewska is on a roll and shall she somehow get past her its either Dulko or Dolonts. Ouch.

Olivia has beaten Zhang on hardcourt and Shuai hasn't done much worth mentioning this year, so a good match for the taking. Buzarnescu is a likely next opponent who I'm sure will be a pain in the ass to play on clay as all the Romanian girls are.

She will probably still lose, but if there was any match Bella could possibly win in the whole draw - this is it. Apart from winning a random weak 10k she is 0-10 for the season. She also has main draw second round points to defend so all the pressure is on her.

Realistically on form none will probably get through but hopefully Olivia can grind through a win.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM   #15
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh Bella couldn't have asked for a better 1st round draw Bremond has been a walking bye all year. But so has Bella, so she will still find a way to lose.

Liv can beat Zhang, no worries. It all depends on which Liv shows up. At least she got some tough, long matches in Brussels to prepare her.

Sacha has a tough opener, and a tough draw overall.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote