New Tennis Surface Fieldturf? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 05:25 AM   #1
country flag volley1

volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light
New Tennis Surface Fieldturf?

www.fieldturf.com It's cheeper to maintain than grass. It's a soft surface, hence less injuries. And it would incourage more serve and volleying. I say Indianwells and a lead up tournament to it.

Last edited by volley1 : Feb 20th, 2004 at 05:45 AM.
volley1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #2
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would be a brilliant idea to introduce synthetic grass as an official surface. It might help bring about a little more variety - slicing is very effective on it, as are volleys.

We actually play on synthetic grass here in Sydney. Most of the courts are synthetic grass and I love it. It's easier on the legs and the true bounce means baseliners still have a good chance to win (I am a baseliner). But it does give S&V players a chance too, as the ball just stay lower than on hardcourt or clay.

Would love to see a GS played on it to add a little variety.... the Aussie Open would be perfect. No more worries about that damn sticky Rebound Ace. And the surface is very forgiving on the legs... less injuries. It's a WIN-WIN! Come on Tour Directors - think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 07:11 AM   #3
country flag volley1

volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light
Glad to see somebody respond to my post. I think Fieldturf could be a great surface to try. Have a short Fieldturf season at this time of the year, since there are so few real grass tournaments and the grass season is so short. This surface would be put less stress on the body, cutting down on injuries caused by four months of constant play on hard courts . I'm suprised, some tennis officials are not reasearching Fieldturf, this could be huge. More imput my fellow posters let me know what you think, I'll check back with the board in the morninng.
volley1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #4
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
yeah synthetic grass is pretty good to play on, im in sydney also and mainly play on synthetic. it is a bit sandy also which also you to slide if you need/want to.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #5
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
If this is the same as synthetic grass, then excellent idea. It's a very good surface.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #6
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you need to get a petition started and send it to the ITF, WTA & ATP... and send to Wertheim at CNNSI so it can get more press.
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote