Justine Under the weather, asks for Thursday start... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #1
JustineTime

JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute
Justine Under the weather, asks for Thursday start...

From Justine's site(I didn't see this posted previously):

It’s raining forfaits

Justine has been a little sick the last few days and hopes to play her first match on Thursday instead of Wednesday, in order to regain a few extra powers before going into battle. Her opponent in the first round won’t be Bovina because she gave up due to an injury. Justine will play her first match against the winner from the duel Chladkova-Galiardi.
Recent news is the forfait of VENUS WILLIAMS. The American player still has some problems with her knee injury. After Jennifer Capriati and Amélie Mauresmo, it’s now Venus Williams who won’t be able to make it. It’s almost an epidemic of injuries this tennis season.

But what else is new, eh, Justinehaters?

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. Ps. 36:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Ps. 14:1, 53:1

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Prov. 1:7

...Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. Job 28:28
JustineTime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #2
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
mmmmm..... Wanting some of that special treatment she thinks Kim is getting, huh?
starr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #3
country flag Hawk

Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
mmmmm..... Wanting some of that special treatment she thinks Kim is getting, huh?
lol

who was thinking that?...no I

Anyhoo give her the Thursday start I say..it's no big deal. Plus I would prefer if Kim started on Wednesday
Hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #4
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
Yup. She can start on Thursday, if that makes her feel better.
starr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #5
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
it'd be nice to have a tournament where justine would claim she was totally fit and healthy

now wouldnt that be a surprise?!
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 02:41 AM   #6
country flag Rub

Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 02:46 AM   #7
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps she just has a weak immune system.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 02:48 AM   #8
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by james84
it'd be nice to have a tournament where justine would claim she was totally fit and healthy

now wouldnt that be a surprise?!

Hey, buddy.You are asking for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much.
The pics from Saturday ,when she requested the Thursday start,
at the Kids day clinic did show the Justinator looking a bit sicky.
Red nosed, kind of pale...either that or Pierre Yves gave her
a Valentine's day present that even Anston Kuchner could be proud
of.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:46 AM   #9
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Why? I thought it is already too late for Oscar nominations..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:01 AM   #10
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a big tournament (well, not really. Tier 2, but it's in Belgium. It's a big tournament for her), and she's sick.

What else is new?
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM   #11
country flag - L i n a -

- L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Her opponent in the first round won’t be Bovina because she gave up due to an injury. Justine will play her first match against the winner from the duel Chladkova-Galiardi.
They were assuming Bovina would win?

I wouldn't assume she'd beat Nancy now.

Anyway, it doesn't help Justine's cause to open on Thursday. 4 matches in 4 days isn't fun.
- L i n a - is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:09 AM   #12
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
u know i find this, well, in a way i find it quite worrying. is it just me or does justine get ill or feel under the weather a lot more than the other players? one year at RG she was ill and hasnt she already felt under the weather this year like at AO or something, and she has had a few other times. she is very fit and works very hard, im just wondering whether its way of taking its toll on her is by getting her ill, maybe she is working a bit to hard or maybe the body just cant handle it every now and then. btw im not a justine fan.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:53 AM   #13
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
u know i find this, well, in a way i find it quite worrying. is it just me or does justine get ill or feel under the weather a lot more than the other players? one year at RG she was ill and hasnt she already felt under the weather this year like at AO or something, and she has had a few other times. she is very fit and works very hard, im just wondering whether its way of taking its toll on her is by getting her ill, maybe she is working a bit to hard or maybe the body just cant handle it every now and then. btw im not a justine fan.
Actually, she's always been quite fragile. It's not as if she's
injured- so that's an improvement. Her body use to really
breakdown before. I do think that the schedules are kind of tough
for everybody with alot of air travel and climate changes.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #14
country flag Trent

Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice Trent is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
That comment just made my day, cheers
Trent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 09:48 AM   #15
malaye

malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all malaye is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
It's not just you. A few weeks ago her father told a newspaper that he was surprised she became n°1. He said he never thought she could ever reach such a high ranking, given that when she was a kid, she was very frail and often sick and injured !
There are people who are just prone to illnesses and injuries, and Justine is one of them. Although her tailor-made training helped her to avoid major injuries recently, she does seem to have bouts of pharyngitis, flu and so on.
malaye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote