Monday Scores - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #121
country flag Druidia

Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice Druidia is just really nice
Tie Breaker Decides It 6-6
Druidia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #122
country flag jayakris

jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all
Isha-Shahar wins 7-5 in the 3rd set tiebreaker!!

Jay
jayakris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #123
country flag New

New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

way to go Zheng!!!
Don't be deceived by the rankings!! Coria, Mirnyi, Schuettler, Fish, Safin, Henman, Tursunov, Wawrinka, Federer, Serena, Bovina, Li Na, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Sugiyama, Coetzer, Tanasugarn, Kumkhum, Zheng, Dokic and Kournikova are the world's best tennis players!!!

S'PORE'S ONLY JUNIOR, LEE WEI PING
New is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #124
country flag oren987

oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of
Well done Shahar

good luck to all the Israeli girls

Shahar, Its time to have a good year
oren987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM   #125
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakris
nitsansh: "competition may not be what youy expect even in Tier5", ".. Lurhajcova likes to play in obscure Asian events" ... etc etc .. Give it a break please, about badmouthing the tournament. After all, they gave your country's biggest young hope an opportunity to play. And they are running an event with no apperance money to give this time (unlike last year when Pearce took home $150K for showing up, we are told). It is an event that is in the second year for crying out loud ... and they found a title sponsor only the day before the qualifying. Can you please give it a rest looking down on the tournament, when a bunch of guys are trying their best to get something going in Hyderabad?

Blame the "appearance-money" crap that WTA and ATP allow on the tour, if you want to.

Jay
I don't blame the organizers, and the players who showed up for the tournament definitely did nothing wrong... the pain of all the players who cancelled their commitment is their gain...
the fact is that the level of this 140K tournament is lower than many 75K if you look beyond the few top players...

I don't know what happend last year... it's typical of a first year tournament to pay big money to star players in order to "get on the map" as they say here...

The calendar this year is particularly harsh on Hyderabad, because it's the only lower-tier tournament in the eastern hemisphere between Australian Open and Indian Wells, so players who would normally play in tier 4 main draw will be reluctant to fly to India for only one week, if they don't have a guarantied place in Dubai the following week, and those who are on the brink between direct acceptance and qualifying in a tier 4 would not get into qualies in Dubai.

What I think the WTA should do is move Pattaya from its slot at the end of the year, which is a timimg as bad as can be, and put it in February so that there are 2 small tournaments back-to-back between AO and the middle-east... that can make those tournaments much more attractive for European players, don't you think?
Or you would rather keep these tournaments as weak as they are for the benefit of Asian players?
2007 race to the championship: 26, 293 pts, 8 tournaments
Year-end Ranking: 2006 - 46, 2005 - 8, 2004 - 63, 2003 - 146

Career Highlights:
Winner: 2006 - Beijing, 2005 - Sydney, Budapest, Hasselt
Runner-up: 2006 - Prague, 2005 - Hyderabad, Forest Hills, Los Angeles YEC
Semifinal: 2006 - Paris, Bogota, 2004 - Sopot
Quarterfinal: 2005 - Prague, Modena, 2004 - Indian Wells, Stockholm, Seoul, Filderstadt
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 05:28 PM   #126
country flag firehorse

firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of firehorse has much to be proud of
The probelm with WTA India Open at that week, tWTA has 3 tournaments...usually only 2 tournamenst per week that contributes to weaker field..plus India open had a week off form japan open...I just hope that fater japan Open then India Open..it may help this eevent..after all..it was only one event... Ganz Open ( paris Indoor)..

The only solution is to move India Open after Japan Open and it will attract more and better higher rank players.....

Agree?
firehorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #127
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
Adriana
Jelena
Lubomira

Shahar and Isha/Shahar

Kelly
Yulia

Thanx for the scores
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #128
country flag jayakris

jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all
nitsansh -- I agree with what you are saying, and a lot of the problems are because of the dates also. But in terms of organizing the event, I believe Globosport and CGK Bhupathi do run a pretty classy show there. Hopefulyl a bit more money will be there next year for them to attract a couple more big names. And the dates would be better for the lower top-100 players to show up.

No, I would rather have a reasonably good quality event, rather than to have an event where Asians would make points easier. The new title sponsors have said that their aim is to build it into a Tier-III event in the future.

By the way, IMG just had the foundation stone laid for their big sports academy (the largest one outside Florida) and expected to become their focal point in Asia, at Hyderabad. The state government came up with an obscene amount of prime land for them to set up the academy etc. Hyderabad is not going to go away, and with the state minister considered to be the biggest high-tech savvy and marketing/business-savvy politician in India, I expect things to only get better ...

Jay
jayakris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 03:27 AM   #129
country flag polishprodigy

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
Neha i thought shikha would win

Barbara thats it girl
Prakusya but well done bhambri
polishprodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:18 AM   #130
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Yulia

Aaron
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #131
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of
If you look for the real villains... blame it on the Scottsdale tournament that was folded...
Last year, Scottsdale was a tier-2 tournament on the week before Indian Wells, in conjunction with Acapulco.
The Calendar for the 5 weeks between AO and IW was as follows:
week 1: Tokyo
week 2: Paris & Hyderabad
week 3: Antwerpen & Doha (tier 3 or 4)
week 4: Dubai, Memphis & Bogota
week 5: Scottsdale & Acapulco

After Scottsdale was cancelled, WTA filled the vacancy by moving Doha to week 5 and made it tier-2. Then Hyderabad was moved to week 3 to put it next to the middle-east series.
Also, Memphis moved to week 3 because it's linked to the ATP tournament.
It was too late to make a radical change and move a tournament from another season.
If the general calendar stay the same, and the first ME tournament is 3 weeks after Tokyo, there must be 2 Asian tournaments between them to make a continuos series, or none.
Any small tournament that would be left alone in its geographical region would suffer the same fate. It also happend with Quebec last season, and I fear Bali could be in trouble this year because there is a week gap between Bali and the next tournament in east-Asia (Beijing, that replaced Shanghai).
2007 race to the championship: 26, 293 pts, 8 tournaments
Year-end Ranking: 2006 - 46, 2005 - 8, 2004 - 63, 2003 - 146

Career Highlights:
Winner: 2006 - Beijing, 2005 - Sydney, Budapest, Hasselt
Runner-up: 2006 - Prague, 2005 - Hyderabad, Forest Hills, Los Angeles YEC
Semifinal: 2006 - Paris, Bogota, 2004 - Sopot
Quarterfinal: 2005 - Prague, Modena, 2004 - Indian Wells, Stockholm, Seoul, Filderstadt
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote