Why Dinara is not top 5 material... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #31
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
not with serve like that and that's what she has right now.
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #32
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Lena D. showed top 5 potential at Amelia Island. It doesn't seem like she can hold that form.
It takes tremendous focus to play her style. It's draining, both physically and mentally.

Lena B. has top 5 potential. Just watch her play Capriati.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #33
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Now that I think about it, Nastya, Elena D., Lena, Nadia, Dinara, Maria S., and Vera Z. all have top 5 potential.
And I'm still optimistic about Sveta, but I'll not count her at this time.

They need to stay healthy and focused.To actually do it is much different than being able to play at that level once in a while.

Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #34
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Other than Myskina, I see only 1 other Russina with top 5 potential. And her name is Maria Sharapova. But a few of them do appear to be top 10 material. I can see as many as 8 Russina's in the WTA top 20 in the near future with 3 Russina's in the top 10 at the same time. We really can't ask for much more than that the the Williams sisters and the top 2 Belgians on the WTA scene.

ys, Myskina is top 5 material because she's almost in the top 5. I know she took advantage of the absence of the Williams sisters. But so did everyone else. Especially Justine Henin.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #35
country flag goldenlox

They mean top 5 like Kim. Where the player is in the top 5 for years.
Potential and doing it is different. You have to go deep into a lot of tournaments and stay healthy.
When most players are rolling and win a lot they get injured.
Nastya has not had a bad loss (to a non-top 5) since Linz when she lost to Schnyder.
If Nastya keeps that up, she will be a top 5 player for a long time.

Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #36
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Well said. Making the top 5 is hard enough. But staying there is even harder.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:14 PM   #37
country flag goldenlox

Nadia made the semis of last year's French Open. Now she is injured.
Elena D. at Amelia Island played like she can be top 5.
Sustaining it, and staying healthy, make it so difficult.
Dinara and Maria are tall and early in their careers. So potential is there. Over time, we will find out how good they can be. If they stay healthy.

Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:15 PM   #38
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Give Coach Choudury a little time with Sister Safina, OK?

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #39
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Other than Myskina, I see only 1 other Russina with top 5 potential. And her name is Maria Sharapova. But a few of them do appear to be top 10 material. I can see as many as 8 Russina's in the WTA top 20 in the near future with 3 Russina's in the top 10 at the same time. We really can't ask for much more than that the the Williams sisters and the top 2 Belgians on the WTA scene.

ys, Myskina is top 5 material because she's almost in the top 5. I know she took advantage of the absence of the Williams sisters. But so did everyone else. Especially Justine Henin.
Yeah, the cat, I trust you, just two years ago you were saying that Russian girls of this generation won't be top 5 as opposite to true Top 5 players Dokic and Hantuchova. Congratulations on jumping new bandwagon. And on your longsighted Top 5 vision. Which is always a step behind of real events.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #40
country flag goldenlox

The word "potential" leaves it too wide open.
How about - who will be in the top 5 for years?

Right now, Nastya is the only player I would bet on. But I keep hope for many others.

But the real goal is to win majors and be #1. Everyone has to improve a lot.

Old Feb 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #41
the cat

I said that 2 years ago, ys? And how I am jumping on the bandwagon? I think Myskina is now a top 5 caliber tennis player. She has proved me wrong. I used to think she was only a top 10 caliber player. And I think Maria Sharapova could be a top 5 player in a couple of years. That's hardly jumping on the bandwagon. And when I say Myskina will make the top 5 and Sharapova could make the top 5 I'm thinking they will move in and out of the top 5. I have seen nothing from either of them that says they will be solid memebers of the top 5. Of course if Maria can develope her serve into a weapon and add about 20 pounds of weight to her frame then it's a differsnt story.

I don't see why people are down on Safina. She needs a couple years to develope and get comfortable with her height, frame and hardhitting game.

Good point about Petrova, GL. Poor Nadia. If she could only stay healthy.

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #42
country flag goldenlox

I can understand why people are down on Dinara. She still has a lot to prove.
But for a 17 year old, she is right on target. I look forward to watching Dinara move up the rankings.

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #43
country flag goldenlox

If she beats Mauresmo in a Tier II final, she might be top 5 material.

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #44
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
Even given my great sympathy to Nastya, I do not think she is a Top 5 talent. She does not have a physique for that.
How dare you!

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #45
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
And she def. A. Mauresmo Improved mentally, a few weeks ago she wouldn't have def. T. Golovin after being 3-5 down in the FS. She took a big step forward, celebrates her first win against a topplayer after losing several times in 3 setters vs. the top ranked. As well like E. Dementieva she returned a large number of first serves from Momo. Of course as for D. Safina it always will be diffiuclt to become as good as her broth.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote