Is this the worst the WTA has ever been? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:34 AM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the worst the WTA has ever been?

Serena out, and really no sign of coming back.
Venus out, and no sign of coming back.

Amelie injured one week, healthy the next. Back to injured the next

Capriati out, and looks to return in Dubai, but who knows.
Seles out, no idea when or if she will/can return.

Davenport is healthy...but realistically, for how long?

Kournikova is basically retired; Hingis has retired.

Has the WTA ever been so injury-infested before??? No offence to Kim and Justine, but this could be the reason many think less of their "domination"
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:49 AM   #2
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
of course it's stupid to say that kim and justine haven't benefitted from all this
but kudos to them for taking care of themselves (and playing through illness/injuries) to keep the tour together
couldnt imagine if the world no. 1 and 2 are off the tour at this point

and of course i think this slight weakness in the tour is just what some players need to "breakthrough", so it isnt a complete loss
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:03 AM   #3
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
I seriously doubt that Justine nor Kim would agree with what's being
said in this thread. They've worked their little butt's off since 1999
to be where they are now...#1, and #2. The same people who aren't
doing well, injured, lame, worried, no match fit were there all
these years ago; but just aren't able to keep up with them
anymore. Is it there fault that they improved beyond everybody else?

The quality and standard of tennis is higher than ever. If you can't
keep up, you'll miss the train. That's just the way it is.

Give them credit!!!!!!!!
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:05 AM   #4
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on who you ask
Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:37 AM   #5
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all
Yes, b/c I've never been more interested in men's tennis!

I am a sinner too!
Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

Good works can't save you from hell!! Jesus loves you and wants to be in your heart and mind!!!

I will worship Jesus forever!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #6
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwtennis
Yes, b/c I've never been more interested in men's tennis!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #7
country flag RedFilaJ-Cap#1

RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold
You can't help getting injured sometimes it just happens. Everyone that is injured would be making a big difference if they were back!!!
Jelena Jankovic #1 and the BOMB DOT COM

Co Founder of the JJ Crew!!!:
:

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!!!:
RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #8
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Remember the not so distant past when we had quartes like Serena vs lindsay, Venus vs Kim, Jen vs Amelie, Justine vs Myskins, competition all through to the finals. Will we ever have that again?
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #9
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
yeah its pretty bad at the moment...Serena, Venus, Capriati, Mauresmo, Seles, Rubin and there are like 2 retirements per week

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:56 AM   #10
country flag LindsayRocks89

LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold
we just have to hope it will get better
LindsayRocks89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 03:04 AM   #11
country flag ~ The Leopard ~

~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute
At this exact moment it's ridiculous. When all the current players are fit, it's a murderously good array of talent, even without the Spice Girls (assuming, for the moment, that Marti's retirement really is permanent and that Anna K won't ever return). But with Venus, Serena, Amelie, Cappy, and Monica all out of action right now, and Mary Pierce still working her way back to her best, that only leaves three players whom I'd consider truly elite. I.e. Juju, Kimmie, and Lindsay. Three is not enough.

If even a couple of those on the injured list returned in the next few weeks it would make a huge difference. If Momo and Venus were back in action, at least we'd have five elite players competing. That's.....hmmm....67% better than only three.
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 03:10 AM   #12
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
This thread was in no way trying to degrade Justine or Kim. I was just stating the obvious: this is the reason why some people will "attack"/question their rise.
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 03:10 AM   #13
country flag Rothes
Banned

Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09
Has the WTA ever been so injury-infested before??? No offence to Kim and Justine, but this could be the reason many think less of their "domination"
Well their achievments over the last seveal months have been exceptionable, no doubt about that, But with a few players missing and not in contention during that time of "domination" it does somewhat question their ascendancy might of been given a little "helping hand" as of their injuries. I do believe that in a respective term.
Rothes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #14
country flag fammmmedspin

fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future
Whisper it quietly but those of us with a view have had some good matches to watch in Paris. We also have two youngsters making breakthroughs and one of them may be the best 16 year old we have seen for a long time. The point about your list of missing players may be the Americans - the French now have Sandrine back, Mary on form and a new star. The Russians have 10-20 Annas in production. Team USA is a real problem. Where/who is the US Golovin?
fammmmedspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 03:51 AM   #15
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
Whats with all this its Americas problem BS?!?! We are talking about top players, nothing to do with nationality...Venus, Serena, Capriati, and Seles are American but also GS champs the cream of the crop, we are also talking about Mauresmo as well who isnt American

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote