Kim to receive Belgian Trophy on tuesday.... ... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #1
country flag vettipooh

vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute
Kim to receive Belgian Trophy on tuesday.... ...

After her doubles match with Elke,for Sports Personality Of The Year 2003. Well done Kim.Now take that diamond racquet since Vee is out .
vettipooh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:04 AM   #2
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Why shouldn't Justine recieve it, she is the one making the loudest noise on the tour. She is the one making all the difference, she is the one with the big titles which IMO equals big personality. She has shown drive and determination. Surely this isn't a Miss Congeniality contest.
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:29 AM   #3
country flag vettipooh

vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute
True,true,true,but it all depends on their definition of 'personality'.I'm not sure what their focus was.
vettipooh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:44 AM   #4
country flag beauty_is_pink
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute
yay KIM!!!!
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 05:27 AM   #5
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
This award was voted for by the public. It has nothing to do with your results. And results do not = personality.
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 07:17 AM   #6
justine&coria

justine&coria has disabled reputation
This was voted by Flemish people, if I'm right !
It's a kind of Trophy made especially for Clijsters to win at least one trophy for last year (since Justine has them all)!
justine&coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 07:33 AM   #7
country flag xin_hui

xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by justine&coria
It's a kind of Trophy made especially for Clijsters to win at least one trophy for last year (since Justine has them all)!
whatever
xin_hui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 09:01 AM   #8
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This was voted by Flemish people, if I'm right ! !
You're wrong.

Quote:
Previous winners are: Dominique Monami (she was the first), Luc Van Lierde (Iron man winner), Gella Vandecaveye (judo), Jacques Rogge (IOC prez) and Marc Herremans (tri-athlete who ended 6th on his first Iron man, then had a terrible biking accident which left him paralysed waist down. The next year, he was again taking part in the Iron man, this time in a wheel chair. he had to give up during the swimming. This year however he did finish)

From Ironmanlive.com

For last years sixth place finisher, competing this weekend is both a joy, and an amazing disappointment. Herremans came off the race of his life in 2001, only to have tragedy strike just a few months later. On January 28th, he was hit by a car while training on his bike, and ended up with a broken back.

He was told that would have to stay in hospital for at least eight months. He was told that it would take a year before he would be able to do any sort of physical activity.

That might have been the case for most, but Herremans refused to follow that progression. Within four months, he was back training for what will now be the biggest challenge of his life completing the Ironman Triathlon without using his legs. Hell swim, handcycle, and push a wheelchair through the 140.6 miles ahead of him on Saturday.

The doctors told him that his body would need a year to recover. Now, after eight months, hes competing at the Ironman. Being in Kona this week has been difficult for him, though.

Its very difficult to see all the other athletes with healthy bodies and theyre looking good, and Im sitting in a wheelchair, its not easy. Herremans said. Im glad Im here, otherwise I would be at home, lying down and crying. But Im here, and Im glad. Its going to be a hard day, and Ive trained very hard for it.

Even if he doesnt finish, though, just getting to the line on Saturday will be a victory for the 28-year-old.

I have achieved my first goal, just getting to the start line, he said. If I dont finish, I know that there are worse things than that. I made it through the 28th of January. Its the worst thing that can happen to an athlete breaking your back. And if I cant finish the race, Ill be back next year better prepared.

Ive always been fighting in my life, doing things that other people dont do. My lifes not over, and I want to do things that I enjoy, and this is one of them.

Well be rooting for Herremans right here on Ironmanlive.com this Saturday

(18.10.2002
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 11:08 AM   #9
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
congrats Kim
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #10
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
OMG a JHH fan negative repped me for this comment I made in this thread

Quote:
This award was voted for by the public. It has nothing to do with your results. And results do not = personality.
Because according to them it was a Flemish award, It is not as Beggin' Beguine will support me in. The whole of Belgium could have voted if they wanted to, so maybe they chose not to - heck that isn't Kim's fault

I think they may be a little testy that Kim got this award. Wonder if they will give me another negative rep

Quote:
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #11
country flag Cookie
Team WTAworld

Cookie has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi_85
Because according to them it was a Flemish award, It is not as Beggin' Beguine will support me in. The whole of Belgium could have voted if they wanted to, so maybe they chose not to - heck that isn't Kim's fault

It wasn't aired in the French speaking part, so not really.
Cookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #12
country flag xin_hui

xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute
the way the justine fans defend her for not winning is really funny...
xin_hui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 12:41 PM   #13
country flag ~|Naomi|~

Quote:
It wasn't aired in the French speaking part, so not really.
Well ladida my Friend is Wallonian and he voted for Henin.....
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #14
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of
That was a tv-show broadcasted only in flanders, so, theorically, only flemish people did vote. Off course you can vote as a walloon, but it is quite difficult to do so if you don't even know the existence of such an award ceremony ( which was the case ). Nobody never heard of this trophy outside Flanders.
minboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #15
justine&coria

justine&coria has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurl_tennis
the way the justine fans defend her for not winning is really funny...
The way some Kim fans are happy because Kim received that kind of trophy is pathetic ! Personality : WOW !!
justine&coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote