Justine has a throat infection - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #1
Pinkie

Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future
Justine has a throat infection

According to Belgian newspapers, quoting the Antwerp tournament organizers, Justine Henin has a throat infection and is on antibiotics. She will be ready to play in Anywerp, but on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Hope she gets better in time. Still, there is a silver lining to this illness. After getting flack last week for being a diva for requesting a Thursday start last week (tickets were sold billing Wednesday as Justine's first match, creating a logistical nightmare for organizers having to accomodate for fans who'd had to trade in their tickets), at least now nobody will question the Thursday start.
Pinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #2
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie
According to Belgian newspapers, quoting the Antwerp tournament organizers, Justine Henin has a throat infection and is on antibiotics. She will be ready to play in Anywerp, but on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Hope she gets better in time. Still, there is a silver lining to this illness. After getting flack last week for being a diva for requesting a Thursday start last week (tickets were sold billing Wednesday as Justine's first match, creating a logistical nightmare for organizers having to accomodate for fans who'd had to trade in their tickets), at least now nobody will question the Thursday start.

Yes, I've read that some fans who bought the tickets early were
upset that she wasn't playing on Thursday, which was the original
schedule for her 1st match. Hope everybody works out. Throat
infection? She's such a fragile little thing. Oh well...
It would be nice if nobody withdraws from the tournament next
week with whatever illness, injury, or nicks.

Let's Go NRR-DEN!!
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:25 AM   #3
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Get well Justine!!!

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:27 AM   #4
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
Get well Justine!!!

I don't think she'll win the Diamond stick this year. Venus
hasn't been on her best either. Ok..Kim enjoy your new
Diamond Stick and make the locals happy.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #5
Pinkie

Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenout
I don't think she'll win the Diamond stick this year. Venus
hasn't been on her best either. Ok..Kim enjoy your new
Diamond Stick and make the locals happy.
She will be fine. if he is well enough to do the kids tennis clinic in Antwerp today, she should be ok to play next week.

This illness story is just an effort by the organizers to make the Thursday start look pretty. I mean, last week Verbeeck tells newpapers that Justine decided she wanted a Thursday start during the AO, knowing full well Wednesday tickets were sold as her first match, because it fits her training schedule better. As a reaction, articles appear calling Henin a fickle diva. Then Henin gets sick, "necessitating" a Thursday start.

The Antwerp organizers have always tried to accomodate the Belgian players. Just like Elke Clijsters getting a WC.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:48 AM   #6
country flag Greenout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie
She will be fine. if he is well enough to do the kids tennis clinic in Antwerp today, she should be ok to play next week.

This illness story is just an effort by the organizers to make the Thursday start look pretty. I mean, last week Verbeeck tells newpapers that Justine decided she wanted a Thursday start during the AO, knowing full well Wednesday tickets were sold as her first match, because it fits her training schedule better. As a reaction, articles appear calling Henin a fickle diva. Then Henin gets sick, "necessitating" a Thursday start.

The Antwerp organizers have always tried to accomodate the Belgian players. Just like Elke Clijsters getting a WC.

Really.

"Fickle Diva?"

This is quite amusing. Hey ,I thought she's got a publist, and 2 agents
with her nowadays. Well..they better get their asses on the move
to do some pretty spin doctoring.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #7
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
ehem, what IS a fickle diva
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:55 AM   #8
Pinkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenout
Really.

"Fickle Diva?"

This is quite amusing. Hey ,I thought she's got a publist, and 2 agents
with her nowadays. Well..they better get their asses on the move
to do some pretty spin doctoring.
To be honest, if you are number one in the world, and you want a Thursday start because that is the way you prefer to play, you usually get the late start; Justine Henin or not. But tournament organizers who are a little less prone to putting their foot in their mouth like Verbeeck is, usually are not that blunt about the inside dealings of top tennis. Because they know it will always make the player look bad. So smarter organizers only ever release the ilness statements.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #9
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
As someone who has a very weak throat that gets sore and infected at the drop of a hat, I feel for her.

I can't think of much worse than waking up with a throat infection. Looking down your throat and seeing little pus ball things is so mingin'.
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote