Serena "its all about attitude" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:22 AM   #1
arcus

arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold
Serena "its all about attitude"

Attitude counts, but so do genes, physique, training, family, gifts and talent..............

I wish athletes would acknowledge their God-given gifts.

I dont like the myth that if u wont something bad enough u can always get it. It just isnt true.

I'm 5'9. Ill never dominate the NBA....

I liked hearing serena lament the 98 french, its the most humen shes seemed.........
arcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #2
country flag Serenan'vee

Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish she would quit all this other crap and come back to tennis
Serenan'vee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:35 AM   #3
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Well Michael Jordan also said its all about attitude...I don't care how much physical ability you have with out the right attitude its worth nothing...

Oh and spud webb who won the NBA Slam Dunk championship is 5'7". Calvin Murphey who played more than 10 years in the NBA was 5'5" or 5'6"...

It can be done and they had the right attitude to do it...Oh and Mugsy Bogues who is 5'3" played many years in the NBA..

Last edited by Rocketta : Feb 14th, 2004 at 02:47 AM.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #4
arcus

arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold arcus is a splendid one to behold
Derek Jeter and MJ have impressed me as people.

come across like they are real and have nothing to prove. Understand winning and losing. MJ said that his turning point was recognizing that others realized that he had a unique talent. Not that he was just like everyone else, just "tried hard". He was one of the talented ones who worked hard and made it happen.

thats what life is about. Taking what ur given and working to make the best of it. :-)
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #5
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
There are so many players in the top ten who have the game to be winning slams, all talented although differently. At the end of the day it is who want it more, take for instance justine vs Kim, Venus vs Serena , Lindsay and Amelie vs the above four. Justine and Serena have won their slams more from intensity and determnation, I mean both Kim and Venus match up well against them respectively.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #6
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
Well Michael Jordan also said its all about attitude...I don't care how much physical ability you have with out the right attitude its worth nothing...

Oh and spud webb who won the NBA Slam Dunk championship is 5'7". Calvin Murphey who played more than 10 years in the NBA was 5'5" or 5'6"...

It can be done and they had the right attitude to do it...Oh and Spud Webb who is 5'3" played many years in the NBA..
I think you mean 5' 3" Muggsy Bogues.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #7
arcus

C what u mean, but I was saying that attitude os only one part of the equation.
Thnik about some of the really talented players with bad attitude
Think about someof the really great attitude players with less talent.

im just saying that sometimes people think its everything to do with "how bad u want it" and not "how much talent ur born with"

Of course, im not saying desire isn't important. Its just not everything.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM   #8
country flag Serenan'vee

Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point Serenan'vee is an unknown quantity at this point
remember capriati at 13..bad attitude, lots of talent..tons of people with great attitudes but not amazing skill. it's not how bad you want it, i know people that work at things forever, but without some natural talent, you can't make it.
Serenan'vee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #9
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knizzle
I think you mean 5' 3" Muggsy Bogues.
Yes I did, I thought him but typed Spudd again...
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:06 AM   #10
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
Yeah her attitude towards tennis these days speaks volumes about how much respect Ms. wannabe actress has for the game that gave her everything she has. Without the tennis she is a NOTHING and she seems to be forgetting that

Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #11
country flag ~ The Leopard ~

~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute
What is she supposed to say?

It sounds a bit funny saying: "It's all about having good genes which were expressed in just the right environment. Those include the genes that gave me the predisposition to have the attitudes to life that I do, though I would doubtless have expressed them differently in a different social and family environment, blah, blah, blah...."

The above may well be the truth, but you can't expect athletes to think about themselves that way.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:10 AM   #12
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diya
Yeah her attitude towards tennis these days speaks volumes about how much respect Ms. wannabe actress has for the game that gave her everything she has. Without the tennis she is a NOTHING and she seems to be forgetting that

Wow, thanks for watching the show and supporting a Williams sister again cause surely you aren't going around talking about stuff that you haven't seen? we call that talking out the side of your neck or pulling shit out your ass...
I know you're not doing that are you Diya?
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:19 AM   #13
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diya

You're like a frigging flea, always trying to derail every reasonable discussion with your stupid retorts. It's getting old Diya ---Get a fucking life already.

Last edited by Infiniti2001 : Feb 14th, 2004 at 03:32 AM.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #14
pisces

pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light pisces is a glorious beacon of light
Serena look BEAUTIFUL.
pisces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:46 AM   #15
arcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~ The Leopard ~*
What is she supposed to say?

It sounds a bit funny saying: "It's all about having good genes which were expressed in just the right environment. Those include the genes that gave me the predisposition to have the attitudes to life that I do, though I would doubtless have expressed them differently in a different social and family environment, blah, blah, blah...."

The above may well be the truth, but you can't expect athletes to think about themselves that way.

or maybe she could say..... "well, I know im lucky to have a lot of talent and support, and i'm determined not to waste any of it. So I'll do my best to win every match I play"